Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeders Cup 2018.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Poor weekend for AOB, thought he would have hit the target at least once

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

kiers47 wrote: »
    Mendelssohn was 5th not 4th.

Also I imagine Aurora's E is reffering to Soumillons use of the whip on thunder snow. About 18 times in the last 2f with absolutely zero time given to respond on some. He'd have got a month off here for that.

When in Rome....
    All joking Aside Soumillon would usually Be one of the more sensitive riders and unlikely to give a Horse a flogging.
    Id say He watched some of the races from Friday and got carried away
    After what He watched. Some of the Americans are butchers altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The same chap is on here every other week talking through his pocket about jockeys this week it’s smouillions turn, sure don’t you know o donoghue got alpha centurai beaten in its last race

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

BumperD wrote: »
    The same chap is on here every other week talking through his pocket about jockeys this week it’s smouillions turn, sure don’t you know o donoghue got alpha centurai beaten in its last race

Look at this big man advocating flogging a horse to death

Incorrect. I’m pointing to your weekly criticism of jockey rides when you’ve lost money.

Nice (failed) attempt to change tack

• Advertisement

Incorrect. I’m pointing to your weekly criticism of jockey rides when you’ve lost money.

Nice (failed) attempt to change tack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Soumillons is a great jockey no doubt. But that was absolutely scandalous. The horse wasn't responding to any of the strikes. I suppose the heat of the moment you want to do something but you have to criticize that.

As for some other comments on jockeys I'd take most of them with a pinch of salt. 90% of people criticizing jockeys have a biased opinion due to be financially invested in them and are incapable of blaming themselves for a bad decision and so someone has to get the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Soumillons is a great jockey no doubt. But that was absolutely scandalous. The horse wasn't responding to any of the strikes. I suppose the heat of the moment you want to do something but you have to criticize that.

I was watching it last night on the VR feed and Saeed Bin Suroor was all alone on the rails getting very excited. I'd say that they had huge expectations which is not surprising given Thunder Snow broke the track record when winning the Dubai World Cup earlier this year.

There was huge pressure on Soumillon. Still no excuse for hitting the horse 18 times in the last furlong or so.

Getting slaughtered everywhere now by ex jockeys and trainers but the expert BumperD knows better

Getting slaughtered everywhere now by ex jockeys and trainers but the expert BumperD knows better

• Advertisement

I’ll drag up your previous posts on jockeys later, they all have a common theme, and are weekly, you bitching about rides and losing money, perhaps you should have made your post a little clearer as it mentions zero about a horse being whipped. Only later when someone second guesses ( rightly or wrongly who knows) what you might be bitching about do you arrive back .

Anyway hopefully you didn’t lose too much.

Also should mention I've lost all respect for that scumbag soumillon
    Some jockey moore
    He's absolute ****e and has been for 2 years now

This in the past week- let me go back another week or two

Also should mention I've lost all respect for that scumbag soumillon

Oisin Murphy no good either

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108402199

James Doyle's an ****ing clown

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108285464

And sure O'Donoughe got the injured Alpha Centrui beaten? Another **** jockey in your own words - so much for concern for an injured horse, eh?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108090375

I think you should take up another sport - not sure your enjoying this one

Advertisement