Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeders Cup 2018.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

gazza1 wrote: »
    On the Mendelssohn train too

Ok I'm in, choo choo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Surely if you think Mendelssohn has a shout you should be backing Catholic Boy? Was much better than him in the Travers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Cant see thunder snow out of th first three..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

can't see catholic boy getting beat

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

There's a horse named after me here so have to back it - Catholic Boy.

Up the Ra :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

ASOT wrote: »
    On the Lion myself, betting with your heart and not hesd isn't good :pac:

I’m the same my man , let it be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Thunder Snow to right the wrong it had last time in the U S.

akelly02 wrote: »
    I’m the same my man , let it be lucky

My Favorite horse & favourite jockey !

Pints on mailburner.

Well done man, long standing contributor - well deserved :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

You'd see a faster finish at Southwell ha

• Advertisement

You'd see a faster finish at Southwell ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Well done MB......enjoy the winnings !!

My Favorite horse & favourite jockey !

Poor lion couldn’t handle the dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Moore went far far too fast early on. Ran out of steam when it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

It's a pity that Mendelssohn isn't racing on next year, he's got a mighty engine and keeps staying on. Another year or two with some top US trainer could have turned him into a monster.

Hard to know what's the best way to ride him to get the best out of him. Flat out from the start seems a little reckless but he's well able to keep up the gallop so why not?

Poor lion couldn’t handle the dirt

I know mate, he's home safe and sound that's all that matters in the end.

tryfix wrote: »
    It's a pity that Mendelssohn isn't racing on next year, he's got a mighty engine and keeps staying on. Another year or two with some top US trainer could have turned him into a monster.

Hard to know what's the best way to ride him to get the best out of him. Flat out from the start seems a little reckless but he's well able to keep up the gallop so why not?

Well he’s kinda not able to keep up the gallop hence why he weakened out of the places

MB well done, don't waste your winnings on the UFC tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Well he should be racing on for he has achieved nothing but he has the potential to be a top class dirt animal in the right hands and that means away from Aidan who has been messing with him all season.

Also should mention I've lost all respect for that scumbag soumillon

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Thanks lads!

been a long time...

@ asot, ufc the only betting I have some faith in these days :pac:

Well he’s kinda not able to keep up the gallop hence why he weakened out of the places

Considering the class of the race he didn't too much weakening in 4th? at the end after making all, much the same as when he stayed on into 3rd behind Catholic Boy ( who he beat today )after making it a suicidal pace that day.

What did i miss?

mailburner wrote: »
    Thanks lads!

been a long time...

@ asot, ufc the only betting I have some faith in these days :pac:

Stick the lot in Lewis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Stick the lot in Lewis :)

:D:pac:

I wish lads backing him would just give me those fivers and tenners

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

UrbanFret wrote: »

Well he should be racing on for he has achieved nothing but he has the potential to be a top class dirt animal in the right hands and that means away from Aidan who has been messing with him all season.
    Aidan and Moore are masters of their trade, but when it comes to American dirt, they have consistently come up short.

If the lads are serious about cracking US dirt, then they need to start sending more horses to local trainer's. The facilities or races just don't exist in Europe, that is why we had the bizarre circumstances where Mendelssohn was effectively being schooled in prep races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Slattsy wrote: »
    What did i miss?

Me also?

UrbanFret wrote: »

As a half-brother to a top sire and also to a top mare his career presented a different challenge to the usual win as high a class as you can career of a lesser bred. He heads off to stud at Ashford with a US GP1 win on turf as a 2yo and he's shown a big engine throughout his 3yo dirt career. Tonight's run from him has shown him to be a US dirt horse with enough class to give the best a race in the USA's best race.

I'd say Coolmore are ecstatic after tonight's run has ensured that he'll be sent him off to stud as a very desirable stallion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Mendelssohn was 5th not 4th.

Also I imagine Aurora's E is reffering to Soumillons use of the whip on thunder snow. About 18 times in the last 2f with absolutely zero time given to respond on some. He'd have got a month off here for that.

Advertisement