Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeders Cup 2018.

Options
  • 31-10-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭

Just thinking of having one good bet. Mendelssohn in the Classic. 10/1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ground predicated to be very soft (sloppy), lots of rain forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Slattsy wrote: »

Well if it’s sloppy, I won’t be backing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

thats roaring lion ****ed so....and probably will make enable about 11/10 shot rather than the 1/2 she is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Enable has absolutely no problem with soft going. She goes on most ground. She will be more suited by cut in it than most of that field.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Aperantly itll only be sloppy on the dirt if it actually rains the night before or on the day. Rain earlier in the week wont effect the track . supposedly ! .It would be a sickener if it turned out a stupid track on the night

• Advertisement

kiers47 wrote: »
    Enable has absolutely no problem with soft going. She goes on most ground. She will be more suited by cut in it than most of that field.

maybe im panicking when i shouldnt be, you are right :)

akelly02 wrote: »
    maybe im panicking when i shouldnt be, you are right :)

Haha. If she is 11/10 you can unload the lot on it. :D

kiers47 wrote: »
    Haha. If she is 11/10 you can unload the lot on it. :D

ha id blow the load if she was that price against this bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

finbarrk wrote: »
    Just thinking of having one good bet. Mendelssohn in the Classic. 10/1.

There's an interesting clip there about Aidan's views on Mendelssohn. To my mind they have building all year and some of last year towards getting him placed in the Classic. Aidan has had a few placed in it so they know what it takes, but the whole Mendelssohn in the USA adventure seems to be a learning project designed to see if they can learn how to make successful raids on US Dirt racing in the future.

I like Catholic Boy for the Classic, he's a tough nut.

Is this one on in the morning or night time (our time )?

• Advertisement

Is this one on in the morning or night time (our time )?

The races are early enough. They start around 4.00 ( our time ) and the last race of the night tomorrow is the Breeders Cup Classic at 9.44 ( our time )

There's a good Breeder's Cup Juvenile Card on tonight. I fancy Line Of Duty to outpace Anthony Van Dyck and Just Wonderful is a decent enough price in the Juvenile Fillies Turf.

i thought it was pm like 7 pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sliabh 1956

We are 4 hours ahead of the time in Churchill Downs The first race to day is off at 3:21 pm so the time here will be 7:21 pm, Tomorrow the first race is at 12:00 pm so that is 4:00 pm Irish time so the Classic will be off at 9:44 pm Irish time

Thank you so it is this evening then

Polydream scratched from the mile. Probably saving me a few quid as i had her lined up for a bet i think. Gustav Klimpt now fav. Id be wanting to take him on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Thank you so it is this evening then

It is to be sure

More info on Polydream. She was scratched by state vet's due to being lame in a foreleg. Freddie Head has blasted them saying this is how she always moves and asked the vets to come see her doing a track gallop which they wouldn't do.

Head seems fairly pissed about the whole thing. An absolute farce if this is how it has played out.

Here is the article for anyone interested
    http://live.drf.com/nuggets/45937-polydream-to-trainer-freddie-head-s-great-displeasure-is-scratched-from-bc-mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Just having a look at some of the usa stuff.

7.21 Churchill downs, I'm not really keen on either soldiers call or Sergei Prokofiev. I'm less keen on soldiers call and will lay it. Currently around 4.6. Watson has had some winners but ultimately the stable has been hit or miss and the extra furlong this evening will be too far I reckon against good horses.

8.00 Churchill downs, Newspaperofrecord, currently around 2.36 but I'm laying it currently. From the mighty chad brown stable, the horse will try to make all and give them the slip. Over shorter I'd say yes but over the mile I feel it something will come and get it. Might be the o brien horse just wonderful but to me the race looks wide open.

9.22 Churchill downs, I'm going to have a double play in this race. Line of Duty, it won @ a mile but I just feel it' will be better over further, I'll be laying it, currently around 4.6
    In the same race, I really like Anthony Van Dyck and I'll be backing it to win, currently around 4.0. Ran 3rd to Too darn hot over 7f which I thought was on the short side for it, but previously pissed up by 8 lengths over 1mile.

10.05 Churchill downs, looks a match between game winner and complexity. I've been focusing more so on game winner in my form study and I think it will be beaten. I suppose it would make sense to back complexity if thats the case but I'm sticking with the lay on Gamer winner, currently around 2.6.

I really love the breeders cup and us racing in general, I follow it keenly and I'm really looking forward to watching it tonight.

Is it being streamed online like previous years on the official site?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Took most of savings out of post office account earlier to put on NewspaperOfRecord in the 8pm, could end badly or could pay for a new car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Never even thought of that. Looks like it is, race coming up at 637pm, but racing post only starts the card at the races of interest to us which is the 721pm.

http://www.breederscup.com/

tinpib wrote: »
    Never even thought of that. Looks like it is, race coming up at 637pm, but racing post only starts the card at the races of interest to us which is the 721pm.

http://www.breederscup.com/

The races before are just a regular Churhill Downs card. The official Breeders cup only starts at the 7:21 race.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Took most of savings out of post office account earlier to put on NewspaperOfRecord in the 8pm, could end badly or could pay for a new car

If this is true...well wear!

That Newspaperofrecord, good money for it, into 2.18'ish now. I've already layed @ 2.4. I still feel (convinced) it will go off all guns blazing and something will catch it up the straight. Going to lay it again at this low price. I didn't expect it to be such a low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭gillamandango

This is the best juvenile filly in North America, good luck with your lay but I hope you don't do your nuts on this one as there are worse 5/4 shots out there to lay..This filly is special

To add, front running at this track is an advantage
    irishgoat wrote: »
    That Newspaperofrecord, good money for it, into 2.18'ish now. I've already layed @ 2.4. I still feel (convinced) it will go off all guns blazing and something will catch it up the straight. Going to lay it again at this low price. I didn't expect it to be such a low price.

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »

Considering the max you can take out of a PO in one day is 3k, you wont be getting a new car at those odds :pac:

This is the best juvenile filly in North America, good luck with your lay but I hope you don't do your nuts on this one as there are worse 5/4 shots out there to lay..This filly is special

I'm not doubting it's a very very good horse and when you look at it on paper you think what in this race can touch this horse, but when I dig deeper and look at the split times, I feel it can be beaten. It will tear off like the hounds of hell tonight and as I said in my post earlier, if it was over 7f I'd lump on to win but over the mile I personally think it can be caught. I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Considering the max you can take out of a PO in one day is 3k, you wont be getting a new car at those odds :pac:

:D:pac:

My 80 year wait for a winner ends in 29 mins btw :p

• Advertisement

That juvenile Turf sprint shows the need to take the rose tinted glasses off when assessing the European runners' chances at this meeting. If a clatter of the fastest European Juveniles were left for dust by the yanks on the European's favourite surface then there's a mountain to be climbed for any European runners in all but the easiest of the Turf races at this meeting.

Advertisement