Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2018 thread (spoilers)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dont get the dislike for Ronda, shes come in from the ufc, and took to the wwe style brilliantly, she has a great character, she is there every week and has only enhanced the womens division.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The Nal wrote: »
    No. She made her name in NXT for 3 years and put in the hard yards. Shes probably the best female wrestler of all time too in terms of athleticism.

I agree, i think she's great and she did put in the hard yards but others did to, i also think it has helped to have a famous 2nd name

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

RE: Booing Ronda

I believe the hate/boos was because of Becky. Becky v Ronda was the planned match since the end of evolution. They cut onscreen and backstage promos on each other, kept the promotion going through social media and then had the invasion angle on the last Raw. Fans, (and i'm not saying this because of the irish factor) had really got behind Becky leading up to survivor series, that Ronda became the heel by association. Even though becky wasnt involved in the match last night, I believe the crowd still favoured her stand in over the enemy.

Its clear from last night though, especially seeing that Becky didnt show up at all, that Ronda v Charlotte and Nia v Becky will be the two matches at wrestlemania. However, I think by going with Charlotte v Ronda (especially in the main event) that the wwe might run the risk of having a repeat of the last wm main event where the crowd booed both competitiors.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Brock and Byran are two fantastic storytellers!

Yup, Saxton is amazing.

Taking the piss obviously. He’s a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Yup, Saxton is amazing.

Taking the piss obviously. He’s a tool.

Haha oops, thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Doubt they could keep momentum for Charlotte and Ronda up to Mania. I know they normally plant seeds at survivor series, but that wasnt planting a seed. Ronda got slapped about the place badly, she prob be writtien off tv for a while but if she comesback soon, they cant hold off until Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

J. Marston wrote: »
    Thought the crowd were harsh on Ronda. Her personality turns off some people and if you want to keep it kayfabe then maybe her millennial promos and social media stuff turned some but it felt like that smarky kind of hate and it feels unwarranted. She's taken to WWE like a duck to water, her matches are good and varied and she's there weekly. She's been great.

Completely agree. She's been excellent.

Smarks are now booing for the sake of booing.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Why does no one see a triple threat at Mania with Ronda, Charlotte and Becky?

The Ronda hate annoys me. Her very being there has elevated the entire division. She has been great. If she is around long term she needs to be heel though. The whole babyface schtick does not suit her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, Ronda could turn heel and attack Sasha and Bayley to send a message to Becky and Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Regarding Brock, you're optimism is misplaced Coulson.

I think my optimism paid off ;)

I thought they did a great job and it was a highly enjoyable match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone else think the Kendo stick thing was always planned to happen even if it was Becky vs Ronda and Charlotte would have interfered and taken out Ronda anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Yeah I thought there was a chance Charlotte was going to side with Becky against Ronda, but thinking about it now, Charlotte probably would have attacked both women. Before the Raw invasion thing I thought Charlotte might turn to set things up towards the Ronda feud. We'll never know now anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They need to scrap the make up around Rhonda's eyes imo , i just takes away from her facial expressions and makes it look silly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Officer999 wrote: »
    Completely agree. She's been excellent.

Smarks are now booing for the sake of booing.

Think that's harsh.

Ronda/Becky is obviously the feud, and the crowd are solidly behind Becky. Ronda's promos have been quite rough on Becky, and that forces the crowd to get behind one or the other. It's a feud not built on a respect for each other, but quite the opposite. So the fans are making it known which side they are choosing.

Fair enough if they want Ronda to attack Becky for being a "millennial", but if the crowd relate more to Becky specifically BECAUSE Becky is so damn relatable, then the more Ronda vocalizes her dislike of those attributes, the more the crowd with respond with a negative reaction.

Put it a simplier way; in the feud of Becky vs Ronda, what has Ronda done to get the crowd behind her? Becky has launched a badass invasion. Ronda has tweeted a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think a lot of people disliked rousey before she was in wwe so i think that's just carry over now and putting her against becky with how over she is isnt going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Think that's harsh.

Ronda/Becky is obviously the feud, and the crowd are solidly behind Becky. Ronda's promos have been quite rough on Becky, and that forces the crowd to get behind one or the other. It's a feud not built on a respect for each other, but quite the opposite. So the fans are making it known which side they are choosing.

Fair enough if they want Ronda to attack Becky for being a "millennial", but if the crowd relate more to Becky specifically BECAUSE Becky is so damn relatable, then the more Ronda vocalizes her dislike of those attributes, the more the crowd with respond with a negative reaction.

Put it a simplier way; in the feud of Becky vs Ronda, what has Ronda done to get the crowd behind her? Becky has launched a badass invasion. Ronda has tweeted a bit.

What your saying is all true, but it wasn't Becky doing the beatdown, it was Charlotte.
    And what I don't understand is why the crowd were completely behind Charlotte during it. She's more unlikeable than Ronda for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Crowd was quite pro smackdown it seemed, and at that stage smackdown had no chance of a comeback so could of been quite pissed by that

• Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Think that's harsh.

Becky is killing it on "the twitter" :p

I wonder was Nia's push planned before "facebreaker"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The Charlotte part was clearly an attempt to have her replace Becky, if not fully then at least temporarily, but she is still obviously a Flair - and Flairs are always better as a heel. Ronda could also do with a heel turn - become the one who is meant to be boo'd yet people still love watching strut out and dominate (much like Brock is now), and Becky (who people are clearly behind so much that her heel run is going nowhere)... Well, I have no idea where it leaves her - she trail-blazed everything to this moment.

I saw a brilliant post on Reddit the other day that said the characters of Becky and Charlotte are only similar on the surface, but that the story could actually play out really well.

Becky got super aggressive as a means to an end; she needed to unlock that arrogant streak in order to climb the mountain, win the title and get a top billing match vs Ronda. Becky's character shift was because she knew herself that she needed to find that viciousness if she ever wanted to succeed.

For Charlotte, on the other hand, the viciousness isn't a means to an end, but is just violence for violence sake. There's not an end goal. She's just snapped. But why?

Well, because she saw what snapping did for Becky, and how it brought a load of success to Becky. And she snapped because she has completely misunderstood WHY Becky has gotten so much success. She sees the viciousness as the end itself, and is replicating Becky for all the wrong reasons.

Though Charlotte won't agree. She was asked by Becky to fight in her place, to take up the battle against Ronda for her. So Charlotte is acting like Becky because she will think that's what Becky wanted.

That gives Becky the chance to come back and explain to Charlotte that how she's behaving, being violent simply to be violent, is the wrong way to be. Which will freak Charlotte, who continues to misunderstand why Becky is constantly rebuking her attempts to be friends.

It moves Charlotte into a proper Heel role, and lets Becky stay face as well.

Advertisement