Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2018 thread (spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ECookie13

Brock is still easily the best seller in the WWE today. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

In the history of bad ref bumps that is right up there

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

What is being accomplished here exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ECookie13 wrote: »
    Brock is still easily the best seller in the WWE today. So good.

Absolutely, and he rarely gets enough credit for it. His selling against AJ last year was some of the best I’ve ever seen.

Lesnar put effort in for a change as shown by his purple complexion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Turned into a decent match after the first 10 minutes of McMahon sanctioned corporal punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Good match in the end after fearing a squash initially. Bryan finally got his dream match against brock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

J. Marston wrote: »
    Turned into a decent match after the first 10 minutes of McMahon sanctioned corporal punishment.

Id imagine all that was Bryans idea. If you ever heard him on podcasts he said he'd love a brock match and the psychology that goes with it in big man small man match.

After the Luke Harper half-nelson suplexes knocked him loopy Bryan shouldn't be taking big release germans. Felt the fact Bryan was turned 5 days ago took away from the match. Had he beat AJ relatively clean then low blowed Styles in the rematch it would have been more logical but he worked the match as the heavy underdog. The low blow tonight could have planted the seed for the turn too. I don't understand what losing to Lesnar does for Bryan or Smackdown losing 6-0 means long term; I suspect very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think it's time for Brock to go,Stale as ****

So SD is buried and what will be the consequences ???

Are we heading for a Ronda heel turn ??

TimesArrow wrote: »
    It was deleted?? It was Xavier Woods tweeting wwe saying they should respect both tag divisions and acknowledge that smackdown won a match and stop pretending the pre show didn’t happen

I see he’s tweeted it again now, pretty much what you said. Must’ve been a mistake in it or something, Twitter badly needs an edit button.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

The crowd reaction to the Ronda beatdown was interesting to say the least.

I can see why the fans were never gonna boo Becky, but why the cheering of Charlotte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Officer999 wrote: »

I can see why the fans were never gonna boo Becky, but why the cheering of Charlotte?
    Can't speak for those there in the audience but I was all the way Charlotte. All I see in Ronda really is a slightly better version of Brock in that at least she seems game but long term, her presence will only keep the rest of the division down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The smarks booing Ronda is why fans don't deserve good things. She's a fantastic worker and a great character.

Hopefully Vince keeps on trolling after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Officer999 wrote: »

Because she was beating Ronda. People are tired of Vinces chosen ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The Nal wrote: »
    Because she was beating Ronda. People are tired of Vinces chosen ones.

You dont count Charlotte as one of the chosen ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

One of the best heel vs heel main events I've ever seen.

You dont count Charlotte as one of the chosen ones?

No. She made her name in NXT for 3 years and put in the hard yards. Shes probably the best female wrestler of all time too in terms of athleticism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Nal wrote: »
    No. She made her name in NXT for 3 years and put in the hard yards. Shes probably the best female wrestler of all time too in terms of athleticism.

Reigns put in the hard yards too. He's still a chosen one.

Charlotte is brilliant, but because Vince has a blind spot to the talents he loves, he firstly booked her to have a ridiculous amount of championship reigns in a short space of time. Secondly, he tried booking her as a fúcking babyface. she is the least likeable character you could ask for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

WWE is a mad place. From the sensible and logical long term booking of War Games to Drake Maverick p*ssing himself because he is small in the space of 24 hours. It's amazing really.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Reigns put in the hard yards too. He's still a chosen one.

Charlotte is brilliant, but because Vince has a blind spot to the talents he loves, he firstly booked her to have a ridiculous amount of championship reigns in a short space of time. Secondly, he tried booking her as a fúcking babyface. she is the least likeable character you could ask for.

Reigns is half the performer and personality she is. And its clear the fans didnt want him as the main man.

Agree on the booking. Shes one of the the best heels in the business, just like her dad was. Ronda is great too. Cracking match. People are booing Ronda because they see a forever Reigns type push coming down the tracks. At the expense of Flair and Becky etc.

I've been saying for ages Lesnar vs Bryan would be ridiculous but I was thankfully wrong. Very well told match. Lesnars best in a long time. Bryan is a great heel aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ThePott

Are people still pushing the narrative that Bryan is being punished for Crown Jewel.
    He got suplexed a lot at the start like 90 percent of Brock matches and then got his offense in and looked like a legit threat, same as AJ last year. He's not being punished at all.

The story going around now is that AJ asked to drop the title as he's renegotiating his contract and wants a more part-time role so he can spend time with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Good show i thought.

Smackdown losing so much shall make smackdown more interesting then raw.

Shane OMac heel turn i suspect, pissed he was last man standing, and that blue brand looked so bad.

Enjoyable pay paer view me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Brock and Bryan are two fantastic storytellers!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought the crowd were harsh on Ronda. Her personality turns off some people and if you want to keep it kayfabe then maybe her millennial promos and social media stuff turned some but it felt like that smarky kind of hate and it feels unwarranted. She's taken to WWE like a duck to water, her matches are good and varied and she's there weekly. She's been great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sirsok wrote: »
    Good show i thought.

Smackdown losing so much shall make smackdown more interesting then raw.

Shane OMac heel turn i suspect, pissed he was last man standing, and that blue brand looked so bad.

Enjoyable pay paer view me thinks

Wonder will they turn Miz face??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's as if they decided last minute to have a Raw clean sweep so didn't count the preshow. Doesn't make sense otherwise since the main show had an even number of matches, meaning it could've been a draw. If Raw had won the preshow, they probably would've counted it.

Was expecting Shane to at least get a pin attempt on Braun with a little help from the exposed turnbuckle. He won't be happy with Miz for tagging him in for coast-to-coast.

The thing with Drake benefits no-one. He's pretty much a face GM on 205 Live so shouldn't have done anything like that.

Speaking of 205 Live, good to see them get on the main card for a change.

The whole way through it seemed Raw were the heels.

So much for Nia having heat on her. They don't seem to realise she's not being booed for being a heel.

As for Ronda, I felt the reaction was harsh even though I was happy seeing the beatdown. So if Charlotte and Becky are both against Ronda, could be the beginning of the 4 Horsewomen match? Though unless Sasha and Bayley turn heel on Raw and attack her, it's unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There has been talk about NXT being promoted to basically a third brand rather than a feeder for talent.

I wonder is this 6-0 drubbing part of that angle where NXT as a brand smell blood and goes after Smackdown as the no.2 brand.

Advertisement