Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2018 thread (spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Would have liked Becky to have the match obviously but at least this way she doesn’t have to lose to Ronda but keeps the rub from her invasion of Raw and attack on Rousey.

Haven’t watched SD yet but if the other inter brand match is altered as I’ve read it’ll be, then like last year, a great match but we know whose going to win still I’ll be happy to see it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan off team SD replaced by Jeff Hardy

Daniel Bryan now WWE Champion and set to face Brock Lesnar instead. Bit of a change :O

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well the card changed ****ing dramatically overnight....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Its mad on monday before i went to bed i was like no real interest in this now im staying up for this on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Only way they could save the PPV was to have Lesnar vs Bryan and the only way they could make it anyway believable is to have Bryan as a heel so he can use low blows and cheat.

Its still going to look ridiculous mind you. Unless theres a Heyman turn and he aligned with Bryan and Lesnar can toddle off to the UFC and fight Cormier in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan off team SD replaced by Jeff Hardy
    Loughc wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan now WWE Champion and set to face Brock Lesnar instead. Bit of a change :O

Is Styles legit injured as Jeff Hardy replaced him in the MMC match?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Styles legit injured as Jeff Hardy replaced him in the MMC match?

hope not but prob done for storyline purposes as it would look quite stupid after losing his title coming out all smily and cheery for the MMC straight after

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What they need to do now is have Becky to interfere in the Ronda/Charlotte match and take out both of them with a chair and stand tall over both Charlotte & Ronda.

No one loses then and Becky becomes more Epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What they need to do now is have Becky to interfere in the Ronda/Charlotte match and take out both of them with a chair and stand tall over both Charlotte & Ronda.

No one loses then and Becky becomes more Epic.

I don't think they'll put her over to that degree, as cool as it would be. I think they'll have Nia ruin the match (like she does everything...) since she's next for Ronda.

Then on Raw we'll have to suffer through another painful, shít-tier Nia promo where they'll lean into the Becky injury to get her more heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Disappointed with the changes was looking forward to Becky v Rhonda then the long build to wrestlemania for Rhonda v Charlotte and have no interest in Lesner v Bryan find them both boring and bland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Legitimately now, looking forward to Mania after all the chat this year about them wanting Rhonda in the Main Event, it could be Becky v Rhonda in the Main Event at Wrestlemania... How amazing is that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Saw that video and it was great to see it. Imagine if the one of the nxt horsewomen who never held that title and wasn't pushed is the one who gets to potentially main event wrestlemania first ? I'd be delighted if that happened to Becky. She comes across out of character as such a nice person and okay she's Irish so I'm biased but she's the best thing the company have at the moment hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Becky picking Charlotte to be her stand in against Ronda also keeps their feud simmering, case in point, if Charlotte were to lose, Becky could lord it over her, that she failed Smackdown while keeping Becky/Ronda on the back burner til the Rumble in late January.

Or there'll be shenanigans of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The line at the end still keeps the rivalry going with Charlotte after Ronda wins

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still think the hug was dumb. Respectful handshake would've been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say that was actually Becky and not her character. Genuinely pi$$ed off she couldn't compete and just got emotional at that point

So Styles is not on the card ??

I can see him costing Bryan the match against Lesner

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it's the 17th of November here in Ireland(PPV was the 16th) but exactly 15 years ago tonight in 2003 I was recording survivor series 2003 on the TV in my parents house. I've watched WWE PPVs for years and recorded most of them but this one sticks in my mind.

Edit: this is the survivor series which Vince fights taker and bleeds like a utter champ after a shovel shot from taker that sounds unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    Still think the hug was dumb. Respectful handshake would've been fine.

Apparently neither Becky nor Charlotte were in favour of that but Vince/the writers insisted on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Just for fun..

I’d probably go Austin, HBK, HHH, Bret, Roman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

You all following Becky on twitter? She’s brilliant on twitter since the turn.

I’m hoping for Becky to come out and attack Charlotte. That gives Charlotte the win for SD, gives Ronda a loss that’s not a loss, and Charlotte is pissed at Becky.

If it’s just a clean Ronda win I think the Ronda buzz is going to turn into heat soon like Cena and Reigns had. She needs to lose at some stage like all wrestlers do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’d imagine when they say “Becky isn’t clear to wrestle”, that includes an attacks on other people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’d imagine when they say “Becky isn’t clear to wrestle”, that includes an attacks on other people too.

Meh. They have pretended it’s concussion as a storyline legitimate way to keep her out of the match but really she broke her nose and it’d be impossible to wrestle with a broken nose and not risk further damage and massive pain.

She could come down and throw Charlotte into the steps outside and walk back up the ramp smirking at Ronda as she stands in the ring.

It won’t happen but there’s no reason it can’t other than storyline preferences.

I don't know if it applies to Survivor Series tomorrow night, but NXT TakeOver starts at midnight instead of 1 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't know if it applies to Survivor Series tomorrow night, but NXT TakeOver starts at midnight instead of 1 in the morning.

Yup tis the same. All PPVs start at 12 now. Has been like that since MITB this year I think

Looking forward to Brock & Bryan as I expect Brock to be at a decent fitness level now as he is preparing to go back to the UFC.

I'd also hope he'd be up to having a half decent wrestling match and not just suplex city sh1te with someone like Bryan who can go.

Also why the hell is sh1t in the swear filter on Boards in 2018 fcuk why the hell is there a swear filter at all.

Looking forward to Brock & Bryan as I expect Brock to be at a decent fitness level now as he is preparing to go back to the UFC.

I'd also hope he'd be up to having a half decent wrestling match and not just suplex city sh1te with someone like Bryan who can go.

Also why the hell is sh1t in the swear filter on Boards in 2018 fcuk why the hell is there a swear filter at all.

Regarding Brock, you're optimism is misplaced Coulson.

Can see Styles costing Bryan the match but you could also get someone costing Brock the match

Will taker appear ??

Monster in the Bank hasn't used his shot officially yet has he?

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Regarding Brock, you're optimism is misplaced Coulson.

I know I know however I live in hope.

Advertisement