Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2018

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,418 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Hopefully we we see plenty more of Michael

He has presence a real ness

Michael could be the new Weeshie Fogarty he would be the man on radio.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

inthehat wrote: »
    The showman theme was appropriate for Ryan himself, - that's exactly how he comes across on the show.

The cheap jokes that he gets at the expense of the kids really annoy me. Like where the kid was talking about the motorised rat that he was controlling and Tubridy says "Have you not heard of the Bulonic Plague?" (meaning Bubonic Plague). Of course the kid doesn't know what the Bubonic Plague is, but Tubridy is prepared to throw them under the bus to get a laugh for himself.

Never mind the fact that Tubridy got the name of it wrong himself. As my old man used to say, if he was as smart at the books (or at the Peter Casey interviews) then he would be a great lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Most of the kids on the show are probably nervous, over-tired and hopped up on sugar.

Ryan then interacts with them like a coked-up man-child suffering from ADHD who's late for a really important appointment.

The show needs to slow down and take a bit more time with the individual toys and kids - it's all too hyper and rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

I have a lot of middle aged friends who always give out about the toy show but yet tune in every year without fail.
    I can nearly guarantee if we watched reruns of the toy with Gay Byrne people would be saying the same. Of course we all feel it was better back in the day but it really wasn’t much different.
    The only thing I didn’t enjoy was the layout of the set , it made the audience to spread out.
    Once my kids enjoy it is the main thing for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,332 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched this today putting up the tree.
    I really enjoyed it, some of the kids are great craic.
    I have to say the performers had in general less of stage school jazz hands feel which was great, I thought the girl who same never enough from the greatest showman was especially excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Best toy show ever, according to, It Says In The Papers , on RTE radio

They can spin it as they wish, but, it was a very disappointing show.

I’m not a he....

And honestly never heard of it! Why would I lie just to be edgy? Lol

Only heard of it recently myself! :o

It needs to go back to its roots.

Scrap the overarching theme.

The main theme should be an Irish Christmas not this candy cane fake American rubbish.

More traditional Christmas hymns and carols.

Less stage school dance numbers. Ppl are bored by them.

More toys and kids being given time and space to talk and review.

Less of a spotlight on tubridy in general.

It can be a lot better than what we saw last night.

+100.

We want Christmas on the Toy Show! :(

As I've said earlier, I thoroughly enjoyed the toyshows of previous years, but this one was beyond disappointing. It is puzzling how anyone can say that it was the 'best ever'. :confused:

The "Late Late Toy Show 2018" stickers are now removed from the only doors of our local Penneys. These stickers were only there a few days.

What do Late Late Toy show fans /reviewers think of this?

I did'nt watch the show myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭valoren

Most of the kids on the show are probably nervous, over-tired and hopped up on sugar.

Ryan then interacts with them like a coked-up man-child suffering from ADHD who's late for a really important appointment.

The show needs to slow down and take a bit more time with the individual toys and kids - it's all too hyper and rushed.

There is definitely a sense of "C'mon, do something memorable or funny so we can add it to a memorable moments list in a few years time..."

• Advertisement
Advertisement