Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭setanta1000

Any tips on what to put in to have a better chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If we knew, we'd be putting it in

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

Dont waste your time applying for tickets,you have as much chance of winning the lotto,140,000 applications last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

dom40 wrote: »
    Dont waste your time applying for tickets,you have as much chance of winning the lotto,140,000 applications last year.

Lotto odds have improved so.

dom40 wrote: »

Nice try. Get us to not apply so you have more chance. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nice try. Get us to not apply so you have more chance. :pac:

Nothing gets past you guys on here eh! I applied for the London show tickets so i am still really still pissed off with the way they allocated the tickets ,mind you there was only10,000 applications for 1000 places you think i should have got one with them odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,350 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“Say groovy gang, would you like a copy of my new kids book?”

6421294323_36d7a4bd45_b.jpg

Has anyone here ever actually got tickets to the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever actually got tickets to the show?

No
    Unless your connected to RTÉ

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No
    Unless your connected to RTÉ

Not true one of the regular Christmas forum posters won tickets for it 3 years ago. There was a thread on it and everything. She managed to sneak behind the scenes pics and all when leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

wonder when will they let people know?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,764 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nothing can top Dermot Bannon surprising a kid, what a coupe for RTE :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Hoboo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Monday the week of the toy show

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Loughc wrote: »

The wait is the worse. I’ve no coverage at work so I hope they leave a message if they don’t get you lol!

The wait is the worse. I’ve no coverage at work so I hope they leave a message if they don’t get you lol!

This system has ‘Late Late Show London ticket allocation’ written all over it.

*popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Rem when a caller rejected the tickets after winning a cash and tickets competition.. Pat just tore them up.. early 20s me was devastated!

Unless they're leaving it very last minute, looks like no luck this year either.

This year’s theme...

Dallas, November 1963

The Greatest Showman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Will it be on the iplayer tomorrow? Want to watch it from abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I see our hero has finally broken his silence on that controversial interview that he has been afraid to speak about:

*ahem* The Shane Lynch giving the finger. What were ye thinking, he'll never have the b*lls to talk about the other thing.

http://goss.ie/showbiz/exclusive-ryan-tubridy-breaks-his-silence-on-that-awkward-moment-with-shane-lynch-158645
    When asked if he’s looking forward to the Toy Show after last week’s controversy, Ryan told Goss.ie, “It’s always a bit of fun, it’s always a bit of drama. That’s why God created The Late Late Show for messing and drama and conversation and stirring the pot.
    Tonight we just stir the pot and it’s just full of candyfloss and unicorns and rainbows, and sugar.”

I can honestly say, and I've thought long and hard about this.......... but I want to punch him in the face more on reading that than I ever wanted to do so before. I've highlighted the parts where the urge was most prevalent.

When asked if he’s looking forward to the Toy Show after last week’s controversy, Ryan told Goss.ie, “It’s always a bit of fun, it’s always a bit of drama. That’s why God created The Late Late Show for messing and drama and conversation and ACTING THE MAGGOT.
    Tonight we just stir the pot and it’s just full of candyfloss and unicorns and rainbows, and sugar.”

FYP :pac: :D

*runs for cover*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The Greatest Showman is one of my most stand out movies of the year. I saw this on my birthday back in January this year. I was just wowed by the effort of this movie. I cannot wait to see this for the Late Late Toy Show tonight. It is going to become the greatest show for kids & adults alike. The reaction from the audience from near & afar is going to be wonderful tonight. From 9:35pm tonight Let the greatest show on earth begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,769 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Greatest Showman is one of my most stand out movies of the year. I saw this on my birthday back in January this year. I was just wowed by the effort of this movie. I cannot wait to see this for the Late Late Toy Show tonight. It is going to become the greatest show for kids & adults alike. The reaction from the audience from near & afar is going to be wonderful tonight. From 9:35pm tonight Let the greatest show on earth begin!

Agree absolutely amazing movie. I would go watch it again in the cinema if they re released it for Christmas. Its one of the most stand out movies of the last two decades for me anyway. Can't think of anything that gets close although ''A Star Is Born'' was also excellent but in a different way and its not as happy at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

A Ryan Tubridy bingo card is long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

AMKC wrote: »
    Agree absolutely amazing movie. I would go watch it again in the cinema if they re released it for Christmas. Its one of the most stand out movies of the last two decades for me anyway. Can't think of anything that gets close although ''A Star Is Born'' was also excellent but in a different way and its not as happy at the end.

If you're Dublin based there's a New Years Eve showing. Possibly showing elsewhere too.

https://www.cineworld.ie/films/the-greatest-showman/ho00004787#/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

If I do, you’ll know about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

A Ryan Tubridy bingo card is long overdue.

Make it happen! Ill join you in drinking during it. ;p

One for everybody in the audience, as the obvious but essential starter.

Really looking forward to it now. Don't intend to bother the anti toy thread having their say but I really enjoy it, and I think Tubs does an amazing job with kids of all different circumstances, and very long may it continue.

As for the claim of too much coverage, today at work was the first id heard of it been on, from under my rock. Usually occupy the realm of Netflix! But yeah its very easy to escape a show on a channel...unless of course you simply love to hate on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Looking forward to this. It's always a good bit of craic every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I always think Tubridy looks uncomfortable doing this show, and doesnt really give the kids enough time to explain what the toys are about

Advertisement