Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2018

Options

Comments

I always think Tubridy looks uncomfortable doing this show, and doesnt really give the kids enough time to explain what the toys are about

We said the same about Pat Kenny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My poor daughter couldn't understand why she couldn't watch the Toy Show when she wanted, she just doesn't get TV schedules cause she has never dealt with them, everything is on Netflix or YT Kids when she wants it, she doesn't have to wait until 5.30 on a Friday till Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles was on The Den (not the dropping of Ninja, us poor Irish kids couldn't cope with that)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always think Tubridy looks uncomfortable doing this show, and doesnt really give the kids enough time to explain what the toys are about

He's a middle age man dealing with kids, I"m uncomfortable around my own kids half the time, unless you're a kid or a grand parent you are going to be uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clareman wrote: »
    He's a middle age man dealing with kids, I"m uncomfortable around my own kids half the time, unless you're a kid or a grand parent you are going to be uncomfortable

Ah i suppose you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 72,349 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Arghus wrote: »
    It's always a good bit of craic.

Any excuse... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Only 33 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

darlett wrote: »
    Make it happen! Ill join you in drinking during it. ;p

One for everybody in the audience, as the obvious but essential starter.

Really looking forward to it now. Don't intend to bother the anti toy thread having their say but I really enjoy it, and I think Tubs does an amazing job with kids of all different circumstances, and very long may it continue.

As for the claim of too much coverage, today at work was the first id heard of it been on, from under my rock. Usually occupy the realm of Netflix! But yeah its very easy to escape a show on a channel...unless of course you simply love to hate on it.

I lack the computer skills to knock one up. But i'd like to offer 'and how did you feel?'

Something along these lines...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyc7gMoXUAAZf5_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I think the opposite, he's brilliant with them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,310 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone know why the Toy Show has to be on so early this year?
    Its still November ffs!!

Why could it not be on next weeks show?

I also think it should start an hour earlier, just for the Toy Show. Kids are like a bag of cats for a couple of days after it, due to being up til all hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its still November ffs!!

I also think it should start an hour earlier, just for the Toy Show. Kids are like a bag of cats for a couple of days after it, due to being up til all hours!

So put them to bed and let them watch it at an earlier time tomorrow? I know mine will fall asleep by half 10 so they'll be off to bed and we can watch it on the player tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its still November ffs!!

It's being on around the 30th November to the 2nd of December now for a good few years.
    I suppose it allows people longer to buy things if they want.
    it could start an hour early but those kids who get tired easily are going to get tired if there up any length of time in my experience. If it's a issue the parents can show it to them the next day.

Ryan says tonight’s show will focus on ‘different’ children.

Will that mean absolutely no Billie Barry kids then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ryan says tonight’s show will focus on ‘different’ children.
    :

I heard him say something similar and there impression I got was there was going to be kids like him when he was growing up.

trump-watching-tv-650x345.jpg

“Can you get RTÉ One on this? My Irish friend Ryan promised he would mention me.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Come on now Ted. It's still November

Can we not merge the threads?

Share the love :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

checking in for the banter. wine all ready to tolerate tubs.

5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I'm ready!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm ready

• Advertisement

I’m ready.

21819_large.jpg

Ready for the greatest showman...

“So when the kids at school picked on you for being different, how did that make you feel?”

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

Here we go, should be good

Ready for the greatest showman...

Ray? He's on tomorrow night :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,626 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Got the kids to bed, now to sit down and watch the toy show :pac:

Galway K9 wrote: »
    checking in for the banter. wine all ready to tolerate tubs.

Better have a second bottle on standby in the fridge 😬

Ugh more ad's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I thought the xmas lights ad was the bb kids back again

• Advertisement

All set. I have my reindeer ears on.

Advertisement