Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Those arcade cabs are cheap enough to be an impulse buy for an addition to a man cave, without buying an actual cab and worrying about repairs and the logistics of getting one. Ah lads remember Street Fighter! Etc. Most of them probably are collecting dust and just a novelty piece but small enough to not get in the way.

In saying that, they also seem to be too niche for us to get the rest of them, Smyth's STILL have Street Fighter. Recently my local one had it right as you walk in, on the floor beside the console games. They obviously got restocks as they sold out when they dropped in price? I could probably squeeze two in my game room...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Speaking of Arcade1UP, they're also bringing out a table with a touchscreen that has digital board games on it.

https://www.cnet.com/news/infinity-game-table-hands-on-touch-screen-table-gives-classic-board-games-new-spin/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think hobby room/man cave culture is a bit more developed in other countries where they maybe have bigger houses, basements and less children.

I do Building Services design and loads of the house designs I'm getting since lockdown have home offices, store room and/or hobby rooms on the ground floor where previously it was a case of anything not designated as an extra bedroom was considered a waste of money. Arcades are a dying market but hobby rooms are definitely a growth one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭Inviere

Doge wrote: »
    539343.jpg

Is there a Wii U version where it falls from the sky & ends up wrapped around a pole? :o

Never seen this golden tee "go" before.
    Looks good

https://goldenteego.com/GTGo/

2K$ !! get the baot

• Advertisement

2K$ !! get the baot

speaking of boats

marquee3.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Is that woman nude from the waist down????

Is that woman nude from the waist down????

I hope so

strip golden tee

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Those women were in the nip!

539603.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Few things listed in marketplace, might be of interest, psp, PS3, Wii stuff. Just making room, have a lot more to list too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well this is pretty amazing, Yuzo Koshiro's sister, Ayano Koshiro, who also worked on SO2, popped into a Streets of Rage 2X thread asking if she could advise on the Rom hack and give some ideas which were meant to be in the original game!

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=e79kiv144taj71d7n8lt72e1r5&topic=3685.765

That's fairly good.

Be interested in playing that mod when it's out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well this is pretty amazing, Yuzo Koshiro's sister, Ayano Koshiro, who also worked on SO2, popped into a Streets of Rage 2X thread asking if she could advise on the Rom hack and give some ideas which were meant to be in the original game!

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=e79kiv144taj71d7n8lt72e1r5&topic=3685.765

Ayano Koshiro is secretly amazing. She's been the coder and artist on most of ancients games and stuff like Act Raiser.

539798.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Doge wrote: »
    539798.jpg

I think I'd build some sort of chair/throne out of all that. Add in an original PS3 fat as a seat warmer and a few PSP's as armrests.

Heres one for Retr0 :P

539814.jpg

Master of the Universe

Had to clean up some space this evening on a PS2 memory card, so thought I'd have a look through it to check out some of my game saves from back in the day.

None of them are my saves! Must be another card I picked up along the way. Lot of games I'd never played before.

Mad looking though them all and seeing the dates. 15 and 16 year old game saves, with the exact time stamp too. All still there and ready to go.

Couldn't quite bring myself to delete someone's 60 hour FF XII save from 2007. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I was looking through my PS2 card a few years ago, the cringe of my EyeToy save file with my ugly mug profile picture from years back, when I was probably 10 with a #2 all over haircut that my ma gave me. I think that's one time being able to place something date wise wasn't a positive. Big bowling ball head on me!

I love getting old memory cards with files.

Got one a while ago with like 100+ hours of final fantasy VII or IX, I can't remember. No way I'm going to delete that...that was some child's entire after school term haha

• Advertisement

I got a zelda cart with save files named f..k and c..t

Master of the Universe

There was a Star wars save on the ps2 memory card this evening from 2006 and the profile name was 'Luke SkyWanker' :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There was a Star wars save on the ps2 memory card this evening from 2006 and the profile name was 'Luke SkyWanker' :D

Ah yes, Noël Coward would be incredibly jealous of such fine humour, dear boy...

Knocked some prices on the stuff in the marketplace. Only mention it here cos it's not the most visible, especially in "mobile" mode.

Either I'm out of touch on prices, or it's the kids.

Yes, it's the kids who are wrong :p

That reminds me of something odd back in the day.
    My friend bought Micro Machines Turbo Tournament '96 presumably new from the shop (possibly in Game) and that's the version that had a construction kit for making your own tracks.

There was a user built track on it despite being sold as new and wait for it...

It was titled "Sheep Shaggers". :pac:

I reckon it was either returned or one of the staff had a go at it before putting it back on the shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

Gradius wrote: »
    Knocked some prices on the stuff in the marketplace. Only mention it here cos it's not the most visible, especially in "mobile" mode.

Either I'm out of touch on prices, or it's the kids.

Yes, it's the kids who are wrong :p

Selling some stuff myself at the moment but it's slow going. I think it's the time of the year more than anything though. Adverts is great though, especially if you're interested in swapping for a used rear axle off a mitsubishi colt or a half eaten mars bar

barryribs wrote: »
    Selling some stuff myself at the moment but it's slow going. I think it's the time of the year more than anything though. Adverts is great though, especially if you're interested in swapping for a used rear axle off a mitsubishi colt or a half eaten mars bar

Yeah no doubts about adverts. The odd time it works without a hitch, nice and easy. But I just can't deal with it mostly, need the patience of a saint!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Considering we're gone from 4% unemployment to like 30% I'd say things will be slow for a while.

Master of the Universe

That moment where you fish Kuon out of your 'fancy rare gAMEZ' section of your collection to dump the disc to a PS2 HDD, marvel at the amazing condition of the case and exquisitely preserved insert are in, gently crack the case open, savouring the 'click' sound as you are about to be overcome with the joy of the contents within...

Only to open it up and, in horror find a DVD of Falling Down, staring Michael Douglas.

I love Falling Down as much as the next man, but finding what now must be a 2 euro (if even) dvd in a 200-250 euro game case is not what I was expecting.

If you read reports later on the news of a man in McDonalds on O'Connell Street waving a gun around you'll know I'm still looking for the Falling Down DVD case...

TLDR, put your games back in their cases, folks!

• Advertisement

That moment where you fish Kuon out of your 'fancy rare gAMEZ' section of your collection to dump the disc to a PS2 HDD, marvel at the amazing condition of the case and exquisitely preserved insert are in, gently crack the case open, savouring the 'click' sound as you are about to be overcome with the joy of the contents within...

Only to open it up and, in horror find a DVD of Falling Down, staring Michael Douglas.

I love Falling Down as much as the next man, but finding what now must be a 2 euro (if even) dvd in a 200-250 euro game case is not what I was expecting.

If you read reports later on the news of a man in McDonalds on O'Connell Street waving a gun around you'll know I'm still looking for the Falling Down DVD case...

TLDR, put your games back in their cases, folks!

Ouch!

Falling Down is also streaming free on netflix :P

Advertisement