Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Inviere

This looks great. Surprisingly Netplay support in PC emulators is generally poor. MAME for example has nothing official only long out of support MAMEHUB and MAMEkaillera (last updated 10 years ago).

You should look into Parsec running under RetroArch...I've read good things about it. It allows a remote player to act as a local player 2, giving games with no online multiplayer support the multiplayer treatment. Obviously works for all cores from Mame to Atari. It's been on my list to try out for a while, but other things keep bumping it down the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk notifying changes to EU customers

Basically Amazon.co.uk will be like ordering from Amazon.com

Parcel Motel have Comms out around their service.
    The UK/NI delivery address is being suspended as of the 28th December - more info

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

RIP Parcel Motel. Can’t see myself paying an extra 3.50 so I have to drive to a locker to get my parcel instead of getting it delivered straight to my house.

Parcel lockers are a much more sustainable way to receive your parcels as they are ten times more efficient than door to door deliveries. With our parcel lockers you can choose convenience whilst reducing your environmental impact.

That can’t be right is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

RIP Parcel Motel. Can’t see myself paying an extra 3.50 so I have to drive to a locker to get my parcel instead of getting it delivered straight to my house.

That can’t be right is it ?

Maybe its the fact that you can have multiple deliveries in a locker whereas a driver would call to your house multiple times or they could just be chatting ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭briany

What are some good isometric puzzle-platformers in the style of Knight Lore on the Spectrum or Monster Max on the Gameboy? Preferably ones which can save, as I don't really fancy having to play through the entire thing in one sitting, unless it's remarkably short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone watch the Paprium gameplay videos appearing on youtube?

The aesthetic is excellent and there are some interesting effects going on..but the animation. Jesus. That age old problem of a lot of western sprite artists not understanding how human anatomy works strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Mmm I figured they'd be essentially drawing over SoR2 animations so it wouldn't be that hard but it certainly looks a little jank in motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Looking to resurrect an old psp-1000 I have since I figure there's no point in running down the battery on my pspgo when I'm not actually going outside.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a PSP battery, memory card adapter and a new power lead. Are any of the off brand batteries on aliexpress any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

megaten wrote: »
    Looking to resurrect an old psp-1000 I have since I figure there's no point in running down the battery on my pspgo when I'm not actually going outside.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a PSP battery, memory card adapter and a new power lead. Are any of the off brand batteries on aliexpress any good?

Not sure about a battery. But I have this mem card adapter arriving tomorrow to update my original launch PSP I found in storage.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VYWVQ8S/

I also found a few new old stock PSP 1000's that have never been looked at. I'm wondering what state the batteries are in them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Not sure about a battery. But I have this mem card adapter arriving tomorrow to update my original launch PSP I found in storage.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VYWVQ8S/

I also found a few new old stock PSP 1000's that have never been looked at. I'm wondering what state the batteries are in them :(

Thanks, let me know how you get on with the adapter anyways.

Serious drama over on Level ups Facebook page.
    They are getting a right ripping.
    Looks like they had a covid breakout

https://www.facebook.com/leveluplimerick/
    Looks like a bit of a storm in a tea-cup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone play Zone of the Enders? 2nd Runner Mars is on PS4 for around €8 on Amazon. Wouldn't mind picking up a mech game as it's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

https://www.facebook.com/leveluplimerick/
    Looks like a bit of a storm in a tea-cup
    Gee, I sure don't know why a business whose whole business revolved around touching physical objects could suffer from an outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

A video I found on Facebook of the Atari assembly line.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=899677147052962&id=100010320540411

megaten wrote: »
    Thanks, let me know how you get on with the adapter anyways.

Arrived today, tested a 64GB sandisk micro-sd in it and all works well.

WP_20130919_09_36_13_Pro.jpg?resize=485%2C277&ssl=1

:(

Inviere wrote: »
    WP_20130919_09_36_13_Pro.jpg?resize=485%2C277&ssl=1

:(

I'm guessing something like that yeah :0/
    Will open one up this evening and have a look.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I must check my PSP... Can they still function without a battery with an AC adpater? I don't hold out much hope the battery is in good nick.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I must check my PSP... Can they still function without a battery with an AC adpater? I don't hold out much hope the battery is in good nick.

My launch PSP battery still looks the same as day 1, only getting about 80-85% of the original juice though(which is still pretty good).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Yes, this is how I use my 3000. The battery I got off eBay lasted about a week before crapping out. It did initially hold a decent charge though.

I must look into an alternative, the PSP charger is about a meter long so I need to be sitting right beside a plug socket so either at work or one particular seat on the couch at home, absolute pain...

Master of the Universe

My launch PSP battery still looks the same as day 1, only getting about 80-85% of the original juice though(which is still pretty good).

Yeah I dug out my old PSP a little while ago to play Chinatown Wars, fully expecting it to be an AC power only affair, but the battery still lasts ages. I was actually quite shocked at how well it still works.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah I dug out my old PSP a little while ago to play Chinatown Wars, fully expecting it to be an AC power only affair, but the battery still lasts ages. I was actually quite shocked at how well it still works.

Still not a patch on the battery mod EnterNow did for the Nomad - that thing could power the next mission to Mars. :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Still not a patch on the battery mod EnterNow did for the Nomad - that thing could power the next mission to Mars. :D

Those batteries were filled with voodoo, and charged with fairy dust. What actually were they supposed to be, camcorder batteries or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Inviere wrote: »
    Those batteries were filled with voodoo, and charged with fairy dust. What actually were they supposed to be, camcorder batteries or something?

Yeah I think it was meant for something like that. Just fired it up for the first time in well over a year I reckon - still working. Low battery light though so probably only another year before it needs a charge. :pac:

That screen still impresses too.

536905.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My camcorder Nomad battery is insane, and all the better with the modern screen.
    Of course, we are cursed/blessed with so many ways to play Sega games on the go, so the Nomad doesn't get the use it would have done...
    Nevertheless, it is still incredible to play Virtua Racing on it

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My camcorder Nomad battery is insane, and all the better with the modern screen.
    Of course, we are cursed/blessed with so many ways to play Sega games on the go, so the Nomad doesn't get the use it would have done...
    Nevertheless, it is still incredible to play Virtua Racing on it
    Must get my Nomad back off you :D

Master of the Universe

Thought I'd fire mine up too and it's also still running - although I also just got a low battery light. Seems it might soon be approaching it's once in a decade charge. :D

I had to choose between a low light photo with a good image of the screen or a regular photo with an over saturated, blurry game - so I chose the former!

Nomad-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Must get my Nomad back off you :D

What now?
    Oh look, over there! *hides Nomad*

Advertisement