Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

What's the deal with tax on used stuff from UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭geotrig

it gets taxed same as buying from usa or japan or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone know if token is open/opening ?
    All their social Media is gone quite.

I really hope 2020 doesn't see the having to shut down, would be such a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really hope 2020 doesn't see the having to shut down, would be such a loss.

Their expanded area only adds to the crowding and it can be almost impossible to play anything when they're busy but they do savage food and I love the atmosphere. Everyone's having a good time and it's a lot of fun standing watching a friend on pinball while drinking a pint talking ****e and swapping in to see who can do better.

It would be a huge loss. The Rage being reduced to a corner section in the basement of a record store is heart breaking enough. The Rage, Token, Lighthouse Cinema and gigs are the only reason I went to town.

I've been saying to myself I should order something and bring it home as something different than the local takeaway.

Master of the Universe

DaveyDave wrote: »
    The Rage, Token, Lighthouse Cinema and gigs are the only reason I went to town.

Things like that are the main reason I moved back into town! :eek:

Being able to stroll home after a gig or a night out with a few friends, or even having mates commuting through the city giving me a call to pop down for a pint spur of the moment.

I tell you what, once this vaccine gets sorted, 2021 is going to be absolute debauchery :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Not sure if folks have seen this, less an article and more a paper written about Japanese 2d art.

I've only had a quick browse but it looks amazingly in depth with a tonne of images and information.

https://vgdensetsu.tumblr.com/post/179656817318/designing-2d-graphics-in-japan-from-the-late-70s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone know if token is open/opening ?
    All their social Media is gone quite.
    The posted this 3 hours ago
    At the moment we're planning something very special to drop on you in January
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CIlVxZ8s8pQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

Here's a feature on computers on the Late Late Toy Show back in 1983, showing a commodore 64.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/1127/1013656-computers-tomorrows-world/

How things have progressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Anybody order Cyberpunk from shopto.net, looks like a lot of people's haven't even been shipped, they used to be good when I used them years ago and you would get the game before release. Now there saying could be up to 14 days outside UK.

Is it difficult to get a refund from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

safetyboy wrote: »
    Anybody order Cyberpunk from shopto.net, looks like a lot of people's haven't even been shipped, they used to be good when I used them years ago and you would get the game before release. Now there saying could be up to 14 days outside UK.

Is it difficult to get a refund from them?

It's Royal Mails fault. I've had a package sitting in a Royal Mail depot since last Wednesday, it finally moved yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought it for Stadia... I could play it moments later...
    Nice...

Club Orange are giving away a Club Orange themed Arcade Cabinet of all things with a fridge underneath.

535917.jpg

Was debating whether or not to put it in the Mame of Shame thread!

Its on their Facebook page if someone's wants to enter.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I bought it for Stadia... I could play it moments later...
    Nice...

Was that the deal where you essentially get the stadia controller and a chromecast for the price of the game?

I'm playing it on PC at the mo and despite the odd bug it's a very immersive environment and addictive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I bought Cyberpunk but I don't think my GPU is doing it justice. Perhaps by the time I can just click on a 30xx GPU and buy it, some of the niggles will be fixed too as an added bonus!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Plays very well on PS5 so far, thankfully, so that bodes well for the full-fat next gen version whenever it arrives.

Game’s a bit ‘meh’ in the end though - feels like all the hype and controversy would’ve been better directed towards a more interesting game :pac:

Ghostrunner is the GPU melting cyberpunk game of the year ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    Was that the deal where you essentially get the stadia controller and a chromecast for the price of the game?

I'm playing it on PC at the mo and despite the odd bug it's a very immersive environment and addictive game.

Given the price of the controller and the Chrome Ultra, both of which I will use, it's like I got the game for free and €50 off the devices!
    It's a cracker of a deal, and Cyberpunk runs very very well, in my house at least.
    In the frame rate friendly mode it runs at 60fps in 4K.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Given the price of the controller and the Chrome Ultra, both of which I will use, it's like I got the game for free and €50 off the devices!
    It's a cracker of a deal, and Cyberpunk runs very very well, in my house at least.
    In the frame rate friendly mode it runs at 60fps in 4K.

Damn! I should have getting it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hilarious-Vandalism-30.jpg

EMU VR our favourite VR emulation environment just received a netplay update!

I have yet to see the simulated CRT goodness in higher resolution since I upgraded to the Oculus Quest 2. Must give it a go soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone else see that watermelon have sent out shipping emails for paprium?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was about to post that they sent out emails saying it was finished.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EA have bought Codemasters.

They will probably run the company into the ground. One of the last big british independent developers from the home computer era.

Master of the Universe

Anyone else see that watermelon have sent out shipping emails for paprium?

BN-QN697_1031ca_P_20161031073725.jpg

Master of the Universe

Jaysus has anyone gone to Watermelons page. They have preorders up for Paprium now again, 169 usd a copy :eek:

https://magicalgamefactory.com/

Fool me once...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah....I mean the game looks like it's going to be absolutely ****ing spectacular, it kind of has to be at this stage too.

But no thanks. Don't have that money to throw away a week before Christmas

Master of the Universe

Oh yeah, I really really REALLY want a copy. It genuinely looks like a proper studio production and not the usual bedroom coder fare you get from these projects.

Plus the amount of drama surrounding it's release makes it all that more tempting to actually have a copy. :D

Sure lets see how this release goes, if it does actually ship and they seem to have a steady stream being produced then I'll pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Doge wrote: »
    EMU VR our favourite VR emulation environment just received a netplay update!

I have yet to see the simulated CRT goodness in higher resolution since I upgraded to the Oculus Quest 2. Must give it a go soon.

This looks great. Surprisingly Netplay support in PC emulators is generally poor. MAME for example has nothing official only long out of support MAMEHUB and MAMEkaillera (last updated 10 years ago).

I might wait for AliExpress to have some... lovingly made tributes of this one...
    Wow, very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭briany

Any decent retro video game podcasts of an Irish or, failing that, a British persuasion? The only one I listen to at the moment is the Retro Hour, which is quite good, but it would good to find a couple more decent ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The Retro Hour podcast has gotten a little repetitive but I check in when they've got a guest I'm interested in.

I used to like Midnight Resistance best but that's gone. I kind of like the Action Button podcast cos the hosts know their stuff and they have a 6 minute time limit on anything they talk about so it doesn't ramble on indefinitely. It's a bit on the silly side however.

Advertisement