Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any difficulties with opening the link for the test? I did stage one last year and had awful trouble so just wondering if it’s the same this year so I can be prepared

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ldockery123

Hi everyone,
    I am not sure if my task 1 Self assessment questionnaire submitted as it it is still available to access on the home page. while my other tasks are no longer accessible after completion.
    Is that the same for everyone?
    Thank you

Hi I'm just wondering did your task 1 self assessment test still appear on your home page after you completed it,while my other tasks are no longer accessible/visible after I completed them?
    I'm scared that it didn't sent.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

you should of got a pop up saying something like thank you completed all tasks, I wouldn't worry about sit back and have a beer to relax 🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

Job456 wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any difficulties with opening the link for the test? I did stage one last year and had awful trouble so just wondering if it’s the same this year so I can be prepared

No just click on the first one which is the questionnaire and it should start. It's not like last year were you have a break it's all I'm one go start to finish.

• Advertisement

i had completed the first part and it brought me back to the home page then. But at the end I noticed task 1 there again..

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Just done mine there, tricky yokes them logical!! Glad to just have them done..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Can you do the practice assessments more than once ?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

GavK wrote: »
    Can you do the practice assessments more than once ?

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 31 al1990

Just did the tests now, I find the logical very difficult, I feel I got most wrong to be honest, much different than last year, also feel career services and the other prep courses were miles off, which didn’t help considering, and with the familiarization material coming out on the day of the test, it feels they didn’t really want anyone to pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I just got the following message on the public jobs message board:

Dear Candidate,

This reminder message is being sent to candidates scheduled to take their Garda Trainee 2019 Assessments before 12 noon on Thursday, 16th May 2019.

If you have NOT completed these Assessments, then you have until noon on Wednesday to complete.

Failure to complete the Assessments will result in your application receiving no further consideration.

If you have already completed the Assessments please ignore this message.

Regards

Garda Trainee Recruitment Unit

So do we have to have the assessments done by Noon on Wednesday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

GavK wrote: »
    I just got the following message on the public jobs message board:

Dear Candidate,

This reminder message is being sent to candidates scheduled to take their Garda Trainee 2019 Assessments before 12 noon on Thursday, 16th May 2019.

If you have NOT completed these Assessments, then you have until noon on Wednesday to complete.

Failure to complete the Assessments will result in your application receiving no further consideration.

If you have already completed the Assessments please ignore this message.

Regards

Garda Trainee Recruitment Unit

So do we have to have the assessments done by Noon on Wednesday ?

New one just sent out. Thursday noon.

I F’d it up so bad. Thought the actual test was only a practice one and did it through out the day yesterday in and out of it on safari on my phone. Sat down today to do the real one when I made the realization :(

I F’d it up so bad. Thought the actual test was only a practice one and did it through out the day yesterday in and out of it on safari on my phone. Sat down today to do the real one when I made the realization :(

Oh no way.. email and tell them, maybe they will let you re-do, its worth a shot.. thats awful when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adame95

I haven't done my test yet, any advice on how to do well on logical reasoning? Seems like the only part that has changed.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

I did last year's stage 1 and placed 11th overall. I only said I'd do this year's stage 1 just to see how I'd get on as I already have a really good OOM and am just waiting for my vetting to complete.

But... I literally haven't a bull's notion if most of my answers were correct in the logical reasoning. It was honestly so difficult. Fcuk me, I don't know what the Gardai are playing at with those. I'd imagine the qualifying score will be quite low considering how difficult it was, and if that is case, it'll come down to those who guessed best.
    To be perfectly honest, I thought it was an absolute joke - miles harder than even the HPat questions - and they're mainly for feckin wannabe doctors! Considering the gardai are currently having trouble filling intakes you'd think they'd have made it easier.

I can see that logical reasoning being a disaster for the recruiters (whether it's public jobs or the Gardai).
    As for the verbal reasoning, I thought it was grand, but the font was very irritating.

I'd be absolutely fuming had I forked out 150 to career services only to get a completely different style of questioning. They obviously got caught completely off-guard too. They were excellent for me last year and a big part of how I did so well.

You ranked a 11th last year man and you find them difficult,

I think that says it all really,

I say the aptitude tests for NASA are not that hard! the logical was ridiculous!

I say the aptitude tests for NASA are not that hard! the logical was ridiculous![/QUOTE]

laughing at this haha .. dead right though

I don't want to frighten anyone off who hasn't done it, but it's such a change from the last couple of years!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Officially completed the stage 1. Mixed emotions, but I'm loving the new update. I've been an a campaginer since 2017 and the difference with the assesments. It's amazing it's all into one. Quick question for you all, Did anyone see a timer or count-down, I didnt see anything around so worried ? secondly, when will our results be out. Dying to know how I got on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 MrNightOwl

Anyone who hasn't completed this yet.... Abandon all hope... The logical reasoning... Holy moley.

Last year I placed top 40 and top 60 in stage 1 and 2 respectively. Put in plenty of practise. Bought the Sova pack on Job Prep Tests. I may as well have not bothered with any practise. Literally guessed most of the answers...and they weren't even educated guesses. I was completely clueless.

Im actually fuming.

It was a joke mate, I also purchased the sova pack, and I did test prep two weekends ago, all of it absolute waste of money,

I guessed all of my answers as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

What is the salary like ? I know it's not as good as it use to be . what would you be looking at before tax ? Im on a very good wage at moment but just wondering if anyone is a guard or knows someone would have a better idea
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MrNightOwl

al1990 wrote: »
    It was a joke mate, I also purchased the sova pack, and I did test prep two weekends ago, all of it absolute waste of money,

I guessed all of my answers as well

I'm about to contact Jobtestprep and request a refund under their Refund Policy. I mean even their advanced questions weren't even close to the level of difficulty I just experienced.

I recommend you drop them a mail too. We might have a good chance of a refund if we both raise it with them.

I hope it went better than we think!

yeah I'll do the same now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Phillip k wrote:
    What is the salary like ? I know it's not as good as it use to be . what would you be looking at before tax ? Im on a very good wage at moment but just wondering if anyone is a guard or knows someone would have a better idea Thanks in advance.

Can you survive 32 weeks on 180 a week. If you are earning 40k plus stick at what you are doing.

sazxox wrote: »
    Oh no way.. email and tell them, maybe they will let you re-do, its worth a shot.. thats awful when that happens.

I did, they won’t do anything. It was so stupid of me literally just came down to pure exhaustion and not reading it properly. Am gutted

Oh god I really feel for you :( could of happened to anyone! Did you do the same with verbal or just logical ? Was it back and forth literally all day or was it like an hour etc ?

Oh god I really feel for you :( could of happened to anyone! Did you do the same with verbal or just logical ? Was it back and forth literally all day or was it like an hour etc ?

It was all day :( I’ve just had a baby so I was just very busy and was planning on doing it when he was being minded in the next few days!

• Advertisement

I rang them yesterday and they said there have been a number of cases where this happens but that they can’t do it as them people will want to re sit them all the time! Last time I applied in 2017 I got to stage 3 and something happened in my personal life ajd I couldn’t progress, maybe it’s a sign!!

Advertisement