Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Only scanning this thread so not fully up to speed.

Is it true Gerry and Kate went playing squash the next day after Madeline disappeard? Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Is it true Gerry and Kate went playing squash the next day after Madeline disappeard? Source?

No, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

cnocbui wrote: »
    Is it possible Kate McCann could have known he was a pedophile at the time? There. Get it now?

It's possible

But that's not really my problem with this

It's her joking about the dogs taking the stand.

He's trying to find your missing daughter and all your worried about is if the dogs will be allowed to be used as evidence.

Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Something Else

Tennis, not squash.

limnam wrote: »
    It's possible

But that's not really my problem with this

It's her joking about the dogs taking the stand.

He's trying to find your missing daughter and all your worried about is if the dogs will be allowed to be used as evidence.

Bizarre.

Can you post a a direct quote of what she wrote?

You'd be thankful if your daughter went missing and someone comes along with a dog and suggests you killed your child and had her remains in your hire car, when you know you didn't?

In those circumstances I would actually want to kill the trucker, not be thinking he's only trying to help.

• Advertisement

Can you post a a direct quote of what she wrote?

You'd be thankful if your daughter went missing and someone comes along with a dog and suggests you killed your child and had her remains in your hire car, when you know you didn't?

In those circumstances I would actually want to kill the trucker, not be thinking he's only trying to help.

It's in her book and quoted in the thread before.

If I didn't kill my daughter I'd be grateful for anyone's help regardless.

What I wouldn't be doing is drinking with a known pedophile while laughing about it and then making money of the joke.

It's in her book and quoted in the thread before.

If I didn't kill my daughter I'd be grateful for anyone's help regardless.

What I wouldn't be doing is drinking with a known pedophile while laughing about it and then making money of the joke.

So in a murder investigation into your child, someone walks up to the detective in charge of the case and says that you murdered your daughter, and you claim you would be grateful for their 'help', even though you knew they were lying?

I don't believe you, but can't actually prove you aren't serious.

Kate didn't have a drink with a known pedophile - he was only generally known to be a pedophile well after she had a drink with him. You are really trying it on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭juno10353

Something Else
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    And the dogs were also found to be incompetent, they gave false positive alerts in subsequent cases and were retired from service not long after.
    They simply aren’t reliable.

Where is this stated?

So in a murder investigation into your child, someone walks up to the detective in charge of the case and says that you murdered your daughter, and you claim you would be grateful for their 'help', even though you knew they were lying?

I don't believe you, but can't actually prove you aren't serious.

Kate didn't have a drink with a known pedophile - he was only generally known to be a pedophile well after she had a drink with him. You are really trying it on there.

I'm not aware the dog trainer accused anyone of murder.

If I was innocent I'd know the highly sought after training (hired by the FBI) would have no reason to "stich me up" so no i'd have no concerns

I would only be concerned if I killed my daughter.

She was drinking with a known pedophile. She was joking and relived that dogs been used to HELP them would not be able to be used in court regardless of what evidence was found.

I'm not sure how you can claim she wasn't

juno10353 wrote: »
    Where is this stated?

My understanding is the dogs and the trainer had exceptional records.

They were also hired by the FBI.

• Advertisement

juno10353 wrote: »
    Where is this stated?

Feast your eyes: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1217863/Bungled-Jersey-child-abuse-probe-branded-20million-shambles.html

Why was the McCanns funding known con men.

Why did they spend hundreds of thousands on a team who had no experience in finding missing kids.

The list of why did they do X is endless.

Why was the McCanns funding known con men.

Why did they spend hundreds of thousands on a team who had no experience in finding missing kids.

The list of why did they do X is endless.

Perhaps they didn't know they were con men. Con men con, that's what they do.

Perhaps they couldn't find a team that did have experience finding missing kids. You could go find one in the yellow pages to show how easy it is.

I actually sort of agree with you. Biggest why for me is why they wouldn't keep their heads down and let it all just quietly fade away, if they had been involved.

Perhaps they didn't know they were con men. Con men con, that's what they do.

Perhaps they couldn't find a team that did have experience finding missing kids. You could go find one in the yellow pages to show how easy it is.

I actually sort of agree with you. Biggest why for me is why they wouldn't keep their heads down and let it all just quietly fade away, if they had been involved.

I'm not suggesting it would be an easy thing to find. But I'd be reluctant to hand over 100e to someone to fix my car who had never done it before.

Never mind hundreds of thousands to find the most precious thing in the world to me.

Massive amount of money to multiple teams.

Very odd.

I don't think it's uncommon for guilty people to put themselves in the limelight

I'm not suggesting it would be an easy thing to find. But I'd be reluctant to hand over 100e to someone to fix my car who had never done it before.

Never mind hundreds of thousands to find the most precious thing in the world to me.

Massive amount of money to multiple teams.

Very odd.

I don't think it's uncommon for guilty people to put themselves in the limelight

Soham murders, Ian Huntley, made himself known to reporters and police.

I suppose the logic being "if I'm out in public no-one will suspect me"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

They were also hired by the FBI.

What cases did they work on for the FBI?, prior to the Madeleine missing person investigation

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

What cases did they work on for the FBI?

Don't worry, the same MO unfolded - dogs barked in the garage and the body of the person they were looking for was found many kilometers away on the bank of a stream/river. Don't think any forensic evidence was recovered from the scene of the barks, just as with Portugal, Jersey and Shannon Mathews. 0 out of 4 since retiring from the Police force.

What cases did they work on for the FBI?, prior to the Madeleine missing person investigation

Don't recall sating they did.

The point was the FBI were happy enough with the work to hire them.

It's not like he was some con artist floating around taking money like the lads hired by the McCanns to find their child.

Or selling snake oil. Some people try to make it out like he was trying to frame them.

Again I find it really odd that people bring up the dog and yet ignore the fact she was drinking brandy and laughing with a known pedophile relived that the any evidence regardless would not be permitted in court.

THIS is what's important not the dog barking.

Don't recall sating they did.

Again I find it really odd that people bring up the dog and yet ignore the fact she was drinking brandy and laughing with a known pedophile relived that the any evidence regardless would not be permitted in court.

It wasn't general knowledge that Freud was an alleged pedophile until after his death in 2009

McCann met him in 2007.

What cases and what evidence was produced in any court by Martin Grime for the FBI after you say he was working for them?

How is that not important?

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

It wasn't general knowledge that Freud was an alleged pedophile until after his death in 2009

McCann met him in 2007.

What cases and what evidence was produced in any court by Martin Grime for the FBI after you say he was working for them?

How is that not important?

The fact it wasn't in the public domain doesn't mean it wasn't known to the McCanns.

Like the person before you I find it very strange the only comment you want to make on this is if it was known or not. You don't seem to want to discuss a mother of a missing child laughing with the pedophile that any evidence found couldn't be used.

Your only concern seems to be if the pedophile was outted by them at the time or not.

Why?

If we take the dog barked because something was there, we've no proof.

If it was a false positive, we've no proof

What we have is the mother of a "missing" child drinking brandy with a known pedophile and laughing about the fact no evidence could be used one way or another.

That's what we have. That's what's known. But you seem to want to divert away from that to anything other than that.

I don't have a list of all the cases.

• Advertisement

The fact it wasn't in the public domain doesn't mean it wasn't known to the McCanns.

Doesn't mean they knew either

Doesn't mean they knew either

Again.

Not the main issue.

The issue is as she drank brandy and laughed with the pedophile that the evidence wouldn't be able to be used.

You leave a young vulnerable child unsupervised in a foreign country while you go out drinking

In the following days your playing Tennis and jogging around like you don't have a care in the world.

You drink brandy with a pedophile while laughing a man trying to help you find your child's evidence won't be usable.

Refuse to answer police questions when made a suspect.

Hire con men and incompetent companies with no history of finding children squandering hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I guess the important thing is in all of this. Was the pedophile known while drinking the brandy or not. :confused:

The issue is as she drank brandy and laughed with the pedophile that the evidence wouldn't be able to be used.

How do you know they knew he was a pedophile

They were invited by Freud to his house.

They went had dinner and had a few drinks.

Freud asked about the case.

Kate McCann explained about Cadaver Dogs.

Freud said " What .....are they going to go into the dock and testify"

They laughed at the way he said.

Any link to where they say the evidence couldn't be used ?

How do you know they knew he was a pedophile

They were invited by Freud to his house.

They went had dinner and had a few drinks.

Freud asked about the case.

Kate McCann explained about Cadaver Dogs.

Freud said " What .....are they going to go into the dock and testify"

They laughed at the way he said.

Any link to where they say the evidence couldn't be used ?

I said they drank with a pedophile

The pedophile was stating the dogs evidence couldn't be used. Obviously a dog can't testify on the stand.

She was relived that a man hired to help her wasn't going to be able to use any evidence.

She laughed and joked with a pedophile while drinking brandy about her missing daughter that they left unsupervised while they went drinking.

But yeah. The real problem is did they know if he was a pedophile or not.

She was relived that a man hired to help her wasn't going to be able to use any evidence.S.

What man

What man

Mr. Grimes.

Mr. Grimes.

Ah Mr Grime

From Martin Grime 13-04-2018

Human Remains Detection Dogs (HRDD): Sometimes referred to as a Victim Recovery Dog (VRD), or Cadaver Dog, will specifically discriminate, and detect, human deceased victims, inclusive of dismembered parts, in all environments / contexts, on the surface, sub-surface, on land, and in water.

The dogs should be trained to generalise the spectrum of decomposition process to allow for the investigation of recent death to cold case historical remains.

This type of detection dog may detect human blood as a sub-set of human decomposition.

Canines trained with the inclusion of animal remains (pig, pork) cannot be referred to as HRDD

http://eprints.staffs.ac.uk/4750/1/Forensic%20Canine%20Foundation%20.pdf

In the UK it is against the law to train dogs with human Cadavers.

Eddie was trained on pig meat so was not a Cadaver Dog according to Mr Grime

Ah Mr Grime

In the UK it is against the law to train dogs with human Cadavers.

Eddie was trained on pig meat so was not a Cadaver Dog according to Mr Grime

What has this got to do with them drinking with a pedophile and laughing and joking about a man trying to help find her "missing" child that the dogs evidence wouldn't be usable in court?

• Advertisement

Mr. Grimes.

What has this got to do with them drinking with a pedophile and laughing and joking about a man trying to help find her "missing" child that the dogs evidence wouldn't be usable in court?

You mentioned Mr Grime.

The said dog (eddie) was not a trained cadaver dog according to Mr Grime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement