Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This is an MMA forum first and foremost..its not AH or a celebrity gossip forum. When it comes to discussing his whiskey or a potential bare-knuckle fight with Paulie there is a certain level of common sense expected that the discussion will stay sensible and not get out of hand. That maybe an adult discussion can be had amongst those who actually are interested in MMA and Conor McGregor as a fighter without it descending into juvenile nonsense.

However, when it comes to legal matters, arrests or gossip about his private life, babies, what he was doing last Saturday night.. sense goes out the window and people think they can say and post what they want. The majority that land in at that stage to comment just come in to give their two cents on McGregor and have no actual interest in MMA and seem to have more interest in celebrity gossip - queue the 'he's a knacker' ..'what a muppet'..brigade who have about 20 posts in total in the forum and not one actually relevant to MMA and probably have never watched a UFC event in their life.

The same applies to some of you who do post here more often but clearly just do so because you have some hatred of McGregor, have no actual interest in MMA and nothing better to do with your time than post the same drivel over and over again at any chance in this thread trying to provoke a reaction - its quite sad really.

That nonsense does not belong on an MMA forum. If you want to discuss that stuff go to AH, or head over to TMZ for your fix of gossip - it's as simple as that. This is an MMA forum and if you aren't a fan of MMA then you really have no place here as you have nothing to add to the discussion.

If you have to think about whether or not it's allowed, then it probably isnt..or check with a mod first.

That's how it is..end of discussion and back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Axwell wrote: »
    That's how it is..end of discussion and back on topic.

well seeing as his career is over due to some untalkable event we may as well lock the thread so. Was good while it lasted lads. Hopefully a new McGregor comes along in the future

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd say there is a fight being negotiated, there's too much talk from folk in the industry about trying to sign fights and that he's looking to be the main event on the card.

At the moment that fight isn't there, but after the Holloway fight, there could be something for the interim belt and could happen in the next few months.

Are there any cards still looking for a main event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Ah the auld defending an interim title nonsense is back.

Ah the auld defending an interim title nonsense is back.

Yeah an interim title is as if Dana is your granny trying to shove a spoon of cod liver oil down your throat

"stop,please,no we dont want it" *sobs uncontrollably*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's not like Khabib can defend the actual title at the moment though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's not like Khabib can defend the actual title at the moment though?

So? There's an interim fight lined up, the winner of that will fight Khabib in the autumn.
    If they try to have the interim champion defend an interim belt they're taking the absolute piss.

Even at that, Khabib fought 5 months ago and will fight again within a year of the previous defence, and it's not like he's just refusing to defend and pissing about doing ridiculous exhibition matches in other disciplines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I don't think he comes back fighting. There's no other fight out there that will pay him enough or generate the hype. He's already won the belts, what else is there for him?

His aura is gone now. The unbeatable, trash talking, predicting the future McGregor is no more and that's what made him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I don't think he comes back fighting. There's no other fight out there that will pay him enough or generate the hype. He's already won the belts, what else is there for him?

His aura is gone now. The unbeatable, trash talking, predicting the future McGregor is no more and that's what made him.

People said the same thing after the first Diaz fight.

People said the same thing after the first Diaz fight.

that was before the smeshing. beating up a phone hasn't really improved his record.

his drive is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Just my 2 cents on the modding/discussion thing. Anything that stops this place becoming Sherdog is absolutely fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Who is deciding whats allowed to be posted on the forum anyway? What happened to the feedback thread we used to have?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

darced wrote: »
    Who is deciding whats allowed to be posted on the forum anyway? What happened to the feedback thread we used to have?
    Firstly if you wish to discuss moderation, please do so with the mod(s) via PM. This is clearly a discussion forum within the Sports category. There are discussions elsewhere on the site where non-MMA/sporting issues concerning this particular individual can be discussed. Please note in particular that any potentially defamatory posts will be deleted and posters can expect sanctions

On the topic of the Feedback thread, it took me about 5 seconds to find it. No-one has posted in it for over 5 years though

None of this is for further discussion here. This is a thread concerning sporting matters in connection with Conor McGregor

Beasty wrote: »
    None of this is for further discussion here. This is a thread concerning sporting matters in connection with Conor McGregor

Sporting matters? You mean MMA only right as this is the MMA forum

Well I for one think his sporting career is over due to his public lifestyle, which regardless of what the admins believe,they go hand in hand with him, they cant be separated because that's how McGregor made it,if we were to discuss only his MMA career for the last 2 years that's only the khabib fight and some photos of him training, other than the khabib fight (which has been to death)what kinda talk is that?

Anyway ban me,I don't give a ****e anymore. Conor McGregor has fought once in the last 2 years and that's was a farce and as per mod rule leaves everything else in this thread as speculation

Peace out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Beasty wrote: »
    Firstly if you wish to discuss moderation, please do so with the mod(s) via PM. This is clearly a discussion forum within the Sports category. There are discussions elsewhere on the site where non-MMA/sporting issues concerning this particular individual can be discussed. Please note in particular that any potentially defamatory posts will be deleted and posters can expect sanctions

On the topic of the Feedback thread, it took me about 5 seconds to find it. No-one has posted in it for over 5 years though

Just to make it triple official, anything not directly MMA related is off the cards. This includes whiskey, girlfriends, trolleys, arrests, and any other nonsense that is no related to MMA.

It has now been stated by a MOD, a CMOD, and an ADMIN.

It can not be made any clearer.

Thanks.

Maybe if we moved the thread to afterhours?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Feel free to start a new one there and see how you get on, this thread will not be moved.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There already is one on this week's "events"

Again though, this is not a place to discuss such matters. PM the mods with such questions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

<snip>

I love pink unicorns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

<snip>

Banned for reversing a mod edit.

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    <snip>

I love pink unicorns

Haha ffs seriously

dave1982 wrote: »
    <snip>

I love pink unicorns
    <snip>
    I love pink unicorns.

Any further off topic posts will be replaced with unicorns.

If you wish to discuss moderation, please do so via PM.

He's even bringing Boards into disrepute..

Steve wrote: »
    Any further off topic posts will be replaced with unicorns.

If you wish to discuss moderation, please do so via PM.

Brilliant modding well done mr pink unicorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

We can discuss touch butt though right? thats directly related to mma, he was much better in the cage when he was touching butt, i think he needs to go back and spend some time touching butt again...its whats missing from his camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The MacLife put up a video of a meet and greet he done in Miami recently and you can hear him telling one of the fans that the comeback is on "sure look I'm in shorts and a tee, I'm straight out of the gym, the comeback is on".

He has certainly been doing a lot of training lately anyway. We live in hope.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The MacLife put up a video of a meet and greet he done in Miami recently.

PR 101

Pussyhands wrote: »
    He's over there in America training, he has that wacky doctor with him. He has the Shinobi guy and various others. The ginger photographer. It has all the hallmarks of a pre-camp. Maybe shooting scenes for an eventual documentary to show his 'return' after being beaten by Khabib.

If we look at previous form, any time we've seen this kind of activity he had a fight announced soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So errr, remember that Aldo punch? Good wasn't it?

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    So errr, remember that Aldo punch? Good wasn't it?

"Who the fnck is that guy?"..

Ah.. good times..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement