Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Are those events sanctioned by an official commission?
    They have only had events in Wyoming and Mississippi so far and they have been sanctioned by those states. They were turned down from 28 states before Wyoming agreed to stage the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Raekwondo wrote:
    Not a direct post about Conor but could affect him in the future, Paulie Malianaggi just signed up to Bare Knuckle Boxing to fight Artem Lobov in june.

Are those events sanctioned by an official commission?

That should not be allowed paulie will merk him, a complete mismatch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

jcd5971 wrote: »
    That should not be allowed paulie will merk him, a complete mismatch

Agree, even if Paulie was 60 he'd put him on his back in under a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If this go ahead, Pauli to whoop Artem and call out McGregor leading to a boxing match six months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Paulie Malianaggi just signed up to Bare Knuckle Boxing to fight Artem Lobov in june.
    No he hasn't.
    He's signed to the promotion. But that's it. Artem is fighting in April.
    I've no doubt that's probably the plan next. Paulie said he's no interest in Artem, he only wants Conor :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Paulie wants no part of Artem.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Fromvert wrote: »
    If this go ahead, Pauli to whoop Artem and call out McGregor leading to a boxing match six months later.

Didn't even take more than an hour
    https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/1103768986829807617

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paulie Malignaggi is clearly mentally ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Bare knuckle what??

Will die out in a few months.

Most states don’t allow it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I'd seriously concerm for Artems health here. Pauli will put a whooping on him to entice McGregor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

People are seriously sleeping in Pauli's skill here. The man is one of the slickest world champions on terms of pure skill in the last 20 years.
    At this level he will literally pull Aterm apart for fun. Artems face will be like a butchers block after a busy Friday at the end of the fight. Pauli might not knock him out, but he'll leave life long scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

People are seriously sleeping in Pauli's skill here. The man is one of the slickest world champions on terms of pure skill in the last 20 years.
    At this level he will literally pull Aterm apart for fun. Artems face will be like a butchers block after a busy Friday at the end of the fight. Pauli might not knock him out, but he'll leave life long scars.

Pauli has no power that's what would let him down, boxing skills to beat the band but under this ruleset I can see t rex sparking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I'm sick to death of hearing Paulie's name every few months and it always being connected to McGregor. Like seriously, he needs to sort himself out at this stage, everything in his life seems to revolve around Conor and it's genuinely getting very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

I think that's overstating his skills slightly, he could only manage to knick 1 round out of the 11 he fought against hatton for instance. Very skilled boxer but at the top world level it wasn't just his power that let him down, he wasn't quite as slick as he thought he was.

That said, you are right with regards him and artem,he should by all rights destroy him without a day's training.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Paulie was shot to bits in his last fight 2 years ago, he got mauled by Sam Eggington who is fairly poor (british level at best).
    Eggington has had a few beatings from fairly ordinary opponents since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

Paulie was shot to bits in his last fight 2 years ago, he got mauled by Sam Eggington who is fairly poor (british level at best).
    Eggington has had a few beatings from fairly ordinary opponents since then.

True Paulie is way past his prime but I'd still fully expect him to beat Artem with ease. Also a bit harsh on Eggington, only lost twice since the Paulie fight, one of them being a split decision. He might be a British level fight but most top level British fighters would destroy Artem boxing/bare knuckle.

I honestly hope it never happens cause I like Artem and wouldn't like to see him get seriously hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Just watched a Bec Rawlings BKB fight. If you are allowed clinch with one hand wrapped around the neck like she was doing while laying into her opponent I wouldn't be so quick to count Artem out at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

<snip> Mod: MMA talk only....
    sorry.
    The Nal wrote: »
    Conor vs Cowboy not happening apparently because neither are champs and the headliner bout has to be for a belt.
    Both fights with Nate were before WME-IMG took over the UFC. The "all headline fight have to be a title fight" rule was brought in my the new owners.
    It doesn't matter when WME-IMG took over. It would be a stupid rule to implement in the case of McGregor or anyone else that becomes as big as him....
    Whilst McGregor is as big as he currently is, he will headline any card he is on regardless of if it's for a title or not..

don't know if its a new quote, but its a newer article:
    http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26167701/cerrone-mcgregor-holdup-main-event-slot

"Conor won't fight unless it's a main event," Cerrone said. "I don't know if it's an ego thing or a status thing for him. I don't give a s---. I'll fight anyone, anywhere, and I stand by that all the time. I guess he's a prima donna and only takes main event spots. I don't know."

Cerrone, 35, said he intends to fight by July 6, one way or another. White told ESPN last week the UFC is considering booking a fight between Cerrone and ranked lightweight Al Iaquinta. Cerrone said he doesn't care who the opponent is and would "fight [heavyweight] Brock Lesnar" if it were offered.

"I call the UFC and tell them what to do, they tell me to shut the f--- up and go sit in the corner," Cerrone said. "I don't have any say on that stuff. What I do know is July is the latest I'm fighting. That's the f---ing latest. I will not wait longer than that."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Pauli wants to step in the ring with the GOAT, can't blame him for wanting to fulfill a boyhood dream.

Paulie has been desperate to fight Conor and it seems this BKFC signing is an attempt to do it in a roundabout way. He thinks if he puts a beating on Artem, Conor will be that much more motivated to fight him.

I think he's clueless regarding McGregor's contractual freedom (or lack of). The UFC would not allow Conor to fight Paulie in BKFC. They let him have his fun in boxing because they mutually made a tonne of money but BKFC is peanuts in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Paulie has been desperate to fight Conor and it seems this BKFC signing is an attempt to do it in a roundabout way. He thinks if he puts a beating on Artem, Conor will be that much more motivated to fight him.

I think he's clueless regarding McGregor's contractual freedom (or lack of). The UFC would not allow Conor to fight Paulie in BKFC. They let him have his fun in boxing because they mutually made a tonne of money but BKFC is peanuts in comparison.

Paulie, or anyone managing him, isn't that stupid. Nobody actually believes that the "I beat up your mate so now I'm coming for you" spiel is in anyway realistic

If there's actually any substance to this, it's because they believe they can generate a decent amount of hype off the back of the McGregor connection to make a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Conor did 5 days work at some churches in Brooklyn last week for his community service. And on Saturday he did a day long anger management course. Expect to see a new pious McGregor when promoting his next fight!

https://nypost.com/2019/03/08/conor-mcgregor-completes-community-service-at-brooklyn-churches/

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Paulie, or anyone managing him, isn't that stupid. Nobody actually believes that the "I beat up your mate so now I'm coming for you" spiel is in anyway realistic

If there's actually any substance to this, it's because they believe they can generate a decent amount of hype off the back of the McGregor connection to make a few quid.
    Paulie will be done for manslaughter if he gets in the ring for a bare knuckle boxing match with artum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's happened in the past though. Wasn't this fight back in the 80s?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think I saw artem outside dunnes in Saggart a few weeks ago. Is his girlfriend exotic looking?? He is a right squirt of a fella.

That makes no sense tbh. Paulie knows how contracts work.

He is well aware that Conor won't be signing with BKFC.
    That's simply where Artem is currently signed. If he managed to entice Conor into a fight. It would be a standalone event like the Mayweather fight.

Mellor wrote: »
    That makes no sense tbh. Paulie knows how contracts work.

He is well aware that Conor won't be signing with BKFC.
    That's simply where Artem is currently signed. If he managed to entice Conor into a fight. It would be a standalone event like the Mayweather fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmDNCQEuEAs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

I think I saw artem outside dunnes in Saggart a few weeks ago. Is his girlfriend exotic looking?? He is a right squirt of a fella.

She’s from baldoyle hardly exotic :pac:

I'm not watching an 18 minute clip of Paulie talking ****e. Timestamp?

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm not watching an 18 minute clip of Paulie talking ****e. Timestamp?

8:20

Says he wants to fight Conor, won't do it in boxing, won't do it in MMA, hopes BKFC could be a something in the middle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement