Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Axwell wrote: »
    Mod spiel

Well lock the thread until he's back active in MMA again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The Nal wrote: »
    So errr, remember that Aldo punch? Good wasn't it?

That was staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

loada bollox

a5tumbleweed.jpg?itok=bMd6sqn-

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I would like to see Conor McGregor fight (MMA sporting fight of course) a pink unicorn.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I would like to see Conor McGregor fight (MMA sporting fight of course) a pink unicorn.

Unicorn by ring spear in round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Steve wrote: »

It has now been stated by a MOD, a CMOD, and an ADMIN

What's the difference between those?

The Nal wrote: »
    So errr, remember that Aldo punch? Good wasn't it?

Pure luck. No rematch. He didn't even defend the belt and was stripped.
    You technically aren't even a champ unless you defend your belt.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Effects wrote: »
    What's the difference between those?

It's all here

I'm the one that can siteban you.

Now let's stop the discussion of moderation

Thanking you all in anticipation

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Nah you aren't a champ until the neckbeards of the internet decide whether you are or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Was fixed.

Look at Aldo, he was ready to keep going, ref stopped it too early.

Was fixed.

Look at Aldo, he was ready to keep going, ref stopped it too early.

I think Aldo actually took a dive, but then regretted it, tried to change his mind and keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

"World Champion is a title used to denote a winner of a World championship in a particular sport (such as mixed martial arts, professional boxing or professional wrestling), discipline or game. Being a champion at any sport or game requires an extraordinary amount of focus, discipline, drive and complete dedication, usually from a young age.[1][2] What separates a world champion from the average competitor aside from natural ability and environmental advantages with access to the best training facilities,[3] is the ability to focus on their goal and to become the best of the best, the obsession to continually improve and mental conditioning required to focus on becoming the best in the world at their given subject."

Doesn't say anything about defending there so no technicalities there, also pretty much describes McGregor to a T

sexmag wrote: »

Doesn't say anything about defending there so no technicalities there, also pretty much describes McGregor to a T

That describes old McGregar. Conner isn't like that any more. He's lost his focus.
    Bring back Alvzrez camp McGrergor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Conor....its Conor...its in the ****ing thread title

****ing unicorns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

McGrergor
    McGregar
    Conner
    Alvzrez
    All in the one Jasis post
    Arggghh now that’s an immediate site ban

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Just sending this post to see if I got banned there few days ago.

BANNED

how.gareth wrote: »
    McGrergor
    McGregar
    Conner
    Alvzrez
    All in the one Jasis post
    Arggghh now that’s an immediate site ban

I should have just stuck with McNugget/McTapper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i would definitely say alvarez and aldo lost those fights before they even started....they were not right in the head at all...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Do you need help with that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

i would definitely say alvarez and aldo lost those fights before they even started....they were not right in the head at all...

Thank fcuk eddie didnt have his phone unicorn on him.

I should have just stuck with McNugget/McTapper. :D

Ah your not the worst! Coming from you I almost consider them terms of endearment :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

<snip>

Mod: Sorry folks, MMA discussion only. LollipopJimmy, feel free to pm Mellor with details etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I seriously doubt we're going to get a fight any time soon with all this mess, unfortunately. After the bus thing, Dana was pretty clear that he won't book fights with someone if they're currently dealing with any kind of court or law enforcement issue, which is understandable considering that being given a sentence or a travel restriction could torpedo any fight after all the press, merch etc has been set up and paid for, and people have potentially bought tickets which will subsequently have to be refunded. So while I was holding out hope for a fight in the early summer, I reckon now it's all going to be postponed at least until autumn. The fallout from the bus incident took almost four months to clear up with the court, and Dana wouldn't even hint at a date for the fight until after it was over. We could be looking at not even getting an announcement until July at this stage, and that's assuming he doesn't have his travel restricted afterwards :(

I know it's been said many times that the UFC wouldn't do a Conor fight in Ireland because of the time difference and the issues around holding late night events here in Croker or the Aviva, but if he ended up not being able to return to the US, even for a period of time, one would still imagine that the UFC might be eager enough for the massive guaranteed payout that they'd make arrangements for him to fight somewhere else? I'd moot the UK as a possibility if all the Brexit crap wasn't ongoing - perhaps the idea of a Conor fight in Russia would become less far fetched if he did have difficulty getting into the US?

I'm also interested in Dana's comment that the previously mooted Cerrone fight "just didn't happen", which implies that it's not just on ice but that it's not even a potential thing anymore - he didn't elaborate on that, but it sounded very much like the UFC was up for it and the problem was with one of the fighters. Would love to know what happened there, whether it was Cowboy or Conor who decided against it after seeming enthusiastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

It allegedly didn't happen due to the fight being positioned as a co-main, supposedly McGregor objected to it's card position.

Stupid really if true, I mean what did he expect, Cowboy is ranked 14 and McGregor is just off the back of an absolute hammering., Neither of them have any business being at the top of a numbered card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

goon_magee wrote: »
    It allegedly didn't happen due to the fight being positioned as a co-main, supposedly McGregor objected to it's card position.

Stupid really if true, I mean what did he expect, Cowboy is ranked 14 and McGregor is just off the back of an absolute hammering., Neither of them have any business being at the top of a numbered card.

The biggest PPV star in UFC history has no business being a main event?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

The biggest PPV star in UFC history has no business being a main event?

Coming off the hiding he took from Khabib? Nope, not in my opinion anyway, especially given Cowboy's place in the company at the moment. It's a fight I'd like to see but it's not one I want to see hogging a main event spot.

After being taken down a peg or two by Khabib he needs to earn that spot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

goon_magee wrote: »
    Coming off the hiding he took from Khabib? Nope, not in my opinion anyway, especially given Cowboy's place in the company at the moment. It's a fight I'd like to see but it's not one I want to see hogging a main event spot.

After being taken down a peg or two by Khabib he needs to earn that spot again.

News: UFC is not a meritocracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I seriously doubt we're going to get a fight any time soon with all this mess, unfortunately. After the bus thing, Dana was pretty clear that he won't book fights with someone if they're currently dealing with any kind of court or law enforcement issue, which is understandable considering that being given a sentence or a travel restriction could torpedo any fight after all the press, merch etc has been set up and paid for, and people have potentially bought tickets which will subsequently have to be refunded. So while I was holding out hope for a fight in the early summer, I reckon now it's all going to be postponed at least until autumn. The fallout from the bus incident took almost four months to clear up with the court, and Dana wouldn't even hint at a date for the fight until after it was over. We could be looking at not even getting an announcement until July at this stage, and that's assuming he doesn't have his travel restricted afterwards :(

I know it's been said many times that the UFC wouldn't do a Conor fight in Ireland because of the time difference and the issues around holding late night events here in Croker or the Aviva, but if he ended up not being able to return to the US, even for a period of time, one would still imagine that the UFC might be eager enough for the massive guaranteed payout that they'd make arrangements for him to fight somewhere else? I'd moot the UK as a possibility if all the Brexit crap wasn't ongoing - perhaps the idea of a Conor fight in Russia would become less far fetched if he did have difficulty getting into the US?

I'm also interested in Dana's comment that the previously mooted Cerrone fight "just didn't happen", which implies that it's not just on ice but that it's not even a potential thing anymore - he didn't elaborate on that, but it sounded very much like the UFC was up for it and the problem was with one of the fighters. Would love to know what happened there, whether it was Cowboy or Conor who decided against it after seeming enthusiastic.

Is there an argument to suggest conor is done and just keeping the media profile up to keep his earnings going?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement