Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Noveight wrote: »
    I find it amazing so that these unsubstantiated claims of his can garner such a strong backing.
    Eh?
    Labelling it "Traveller Bashing" is but a lazy dismissal of a genuine sentiment among the population.
    Perhaps Traveller-Bashers should claim some sort of protected status? It appears they want to spend a lot of time bashing Travellers, but find that their delicate feels when it's then described as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

Try_harder wrote: »
    Ever wonder why its mostly poor minorities in prison? The law is only there to protect the rich from the poor

Well I guess posting an armed response unit in Rathkeale last Christmas was all about protecting the rich then.

Nothing to see here. Everyone move along.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/armed-gardai-to-patrol-rathkeale-during-christmas-influx-of-travellers-462690.html

463977.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Homer

you cant judge a whole group of people by the actions of a few. that is fascist.

Well documented prison statistics would actually prove that it’s quite clearly not the actions of a few though is it?????? And that’s only the dumb ones that got caught?! How many continue to terrorise rural Ireland and evade the law? A lot I would argue. Sort of disproves your ridiculous fascism whinge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

pat ticket wrote: »
    Soz it doesn't chime with the Irish Times consensus, but I'm wary of them based on the above, it is what it is.

"Wary" is one thing. Do you think that rolling back their rights and recognition, publicly denigrating them, and emboldening others to do worse is likely to enhance the prospects of future interactions with them being any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I am delighted to see that the mods have let this thread just go and go. How times have changed..... for the better.

We all need a voice.

People are getting sick to the back teeth of entitled arseholes like Margaret Cash getting looked after when they don't deserve it, while they themselves burst their balls working hard to provide for them and theirs. People are getting sick of feeling they've to walk on eggshells around these ''poor souls'' lest they be called out by some absolute head-in-the-clouds nitwit like the clowns on here that'll defend nearly anything or else by an out and out scumbucket faux intellectual like John Connors . People are getting sick of it all. Time to knock these nomadic and barbaric practises of sulky racing, ''grabbing'', treating women like crap, rejecting education and embracing bareknuckle boxing on the head and drag your arses into the 21st fcuking century with the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Did you miss the Battle of the (First) Gorse Hill? Notorious Traveller Squatter Pat Kenny... claiming adverse possession a patch of land near this house, from his (even more!) elderly neighbour? https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pat-kenny-claims-squatters-rights-as-legal-row-escalates-26308205.html

One swallow does not a Summer make.

I'm guessing he paid his own legal fees.

Ever wonder why its mostly poor minorities in prison? The law is only there to protect the rich from the poor

With the greatest of respect, you sound like a tool. They're there because they're scrotes and they got caught being scrotes. Stop trying to romanticise it. Embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Homer wrote: »
    Well documented prison statistics would actually prove that it’s quite clearly not the actions of a few though is it?????? And that’s only the dumb ones that got caught?! How many continue to terrorise rural Ireland and evade the law? A lot I would argue. Sort of disproves your ridiculous fascism whinge

there are many travellers where i live. i and my neighbours are not "terrorised" by them.
    that type of inflammatory, hate-filled language is often used by ......?

you guessed it! FASCISTS

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WrigleysExtra

Confirmation bias. 100% accurate and reliable

Well judging by my own experiences and from what I've read across a multitude of comment sections, social media and from friends and family, you say confirmation bias, I say reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Hon Peter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭MFPM

Casey championing immigration with a sly dig at Travellers....a few conflicted lads here tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Sean gives me the creeps, everything he says is a sound bite!

doylefe wrote: »
    Hon Peter!

FASCIST!

Joan blending into the background

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mdol

The vast, vast majority of people in this country despise them and are no more "outraged" by the comments than I am blowing my nose. The few sanctimonious mouths in the media and online aren't going to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Icsics wrote: »
    Sean gives me the creeps, everything he says is a sound bite!

Something off about him.

It will surely come up again hour he was a bagman for FF.

There is a raw stink about that and the type of character involved in things like that.

He remains vulnerable on this.

there are many travellers where i live. i and my neighbours are not "terrorised" by them.
    that type of inflammatory, hate-filled language is often used by ......?

you guessed it! FASCISTS

Love it. Bet you are not contributing anything to society via your taxes, because if you were you would not be anywhere near as tolerant.

TROLL maybe but away you go, it is all fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Suppose all the other candidates will gang up on Casey, the irony of picking on a minority of one will of course be lost on them

Nobody will be ganging up on poor Peter. He's so far behind, he's like a 3 legged horse in the race. Actually after today, it's the equivalent of the jockey sawing another leg off mid-race.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WrigleysExtra

mdol wrote: »
    The vast, vast majority of people in this country despise them and are no more "outraged" by the comments than I am blowing my nose. The few sanctimonious mouths in the media and online aren't going to change that.

The Irish media are largely out of touch with the Irish people.

FASCIST!

Are you a troll. Do you honestly believe that that poster is a fascist.

You see fascists everywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭MFPM

mdol wrote: »

You have evidence for that ridiculous assertion? While you're answering that you might outline how your assertion tallys with 98% of those going to vote not voting for Casey the anti traveller clown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

alaimacerc wrote: »
    The comparison here seems very inexact. Only half of Trump's supporters were claimed to be the deplorables. And "we hate Travellers, and the "PC brigade" that won't let use say so!" isn't exactly much of a basket, is it now?

I'm sure Casey, and his "don't you very dare compare him to Trump!" followers will be delighted by the comparison, though.

Oh it's exact enough alright. I expect not to your particularly pronounced pedantic interpretations though, something which seems par for the course with your posts.

Also, can't recall the "we hate travellers" comment, we can all be pedantic around here.

Thanks also for reminding me of another lazy cliche, that somehow that people are somehow looking to be provocateurs when they dare go against the grain.

It's pretty tough to take you seriously when you use the fact that Peter almost certainly won't win the election that it means that somehow his views on this particularly issue are in the minority. That's a rather ludicrous viewpoint. People can agree with somebody without necessarily going with them to the ends of the earth. There is such a thing as playing the ball not the man.

You like polls yes......except the other one......the one you don't like, that disagrees with your viewpoint. You speak about bores in the pub, well not much as boring as somebody as obviously fond of word salads without ever getting to a point. Godspeed.

is Joan not Dickie Rock's sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On with Pat Kenny now, still sticking my his beliefs.

js Joan not Dickie Rock's sister?

Fierce alike alright.

DNA test needed if not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

This'll be interesting.

MFPM wrote: »
    I dare say you deal with far more people from disadvantaged socio economic areas too, do you adopt such a prejudicial attitude to them?

It's not my job to judge anyone. That's for the courts. If I treated people based on what they're in for, nothing would ever get done in my place, nothing. I'm telling you from the horse's mouth that Travellers are represented far and above what they should be inside. That's just data. Not prejudice. Anyway, I also have the ability to form opinions independently of my job. Good talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He's talking far too much sense now about people turning down free houses.

Peter off to a good start

• Advertisement

Ok, cannot watch this debate live. So forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement