Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Oh you did at least twice!

Take a leaf from Casey's book and stand with your words!

No, I didn't.

I said everyone has probably broken some law at some point - I never said they weren't responsible for their own actions. What I did say was the responsibility for enforcing the laws - which means people are punished when they do make the decision to break the law - is the duty of the Gardaí and the Courts.

Failure to enforce is down to the State.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I notice you use the term ‘general election’ a couple of times there. This is a presidential election so his 10% (if he gets that) means jack sh*t tbh. Lets see some real policies from him should he want to stay in political life. His ‘20 meg ah shur musha it’ll be grand’ quote as regards the NBP wasn’t the best start in fairness.

well if he was to get 10000 votes in his own general area or any particular areas, no reason he wouldnt get them again in a years time?

thing is, why would he bother being a TD - its not worth the hassle and has no benifit to him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Allinall

Casey drifting in the “betting without” market.

Out to 4/11 from 2/7 earlier with PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

ectoraige wrote: »
    It's their fault they came here, it's our fault we let them stay so long.

Eric's mother has been here for 12 years, Nonso's 11. Whether their parents knew they had no right to stay is immaterial - our system needs to recognise that people will make claims that they shouldn't, and deal with them appropriately.

And it's the liberal, bleeding heart brigade that allows them to stay here for that length of time. And they are pushing and pushing and pushing their agenda. day by day, week by week, month by month aided and abetted by a compliant media and a government more worried about the optics of their decisions abroad, than the consequences of them here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Get off the stage.

I defended nothing.

I pointed out that in Ireland getting married at 15 is legal.
    I gave no opinion as to whether or not I think that is acceptable. (I don't btw)

I did not know that,
    #and just thinking of how I was at 15, my thoughts back then
    My first thought was, 3 more yrs to go to not have to do what every one wants of me
    Get out there when education was done, have a full time job, and have one hell of a mad time, enjoying life to its fullest as a single person, single and ready to mingle,
    Did all of that, and have no regrets,
    But my mental state at 15 would not have been able to manage finances, home, or anything,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rodders999

The lunatic lefties crying into their man size extra large tissues today is an absolute joy to behold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

And it's the liberal, bleeding heart brigade that allows them to stay here for that length of time. And they are pushing and pushing and pushing their agenda. day by day, week by week, month by month aided and abetted by a compliant media and a government more worried about the optics of their decisions abroad, than the consequences of them here in Ireland.

If an illegally resident woman turns up at an antenatal appointment that's the point they need to be sent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Allinall wrote: »

All the more important to get the vote out.

Dont forget to vote Casey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

xckjoo wrote: »
    Are people voting for Casey as a "protest vote" against Travellers or is there something else I'm missing?

No, it's because he's not bending over backwards to ingratiate himself with progressive leftist ideology. He's saying what a lot of people outside of Donnybrook privately think, but are unable to say for fear of being persecuted or prosecuted.

xckjoo wrote: »
    Are people voting for Casey as a "protest vote" against Travellers or is there something else I'm missing?

You are missing a lot of what this man said, but anyway I have done my vote and kept my word. I can do no more,
    May the best Man/Woman win, we will know within 24 hrs

• Advertisement

If an illegally resident woman turns up at an antenatal appointment that's the point they need to be sent home.

I'm sure if he becomes President Mr Casey will advise Mr Trump to immediately send all the illegal undocumented Irish home pregnant or not.

And there will be rejoicing across After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Can you explain that for me thanks. I haven't a clue about betting odds at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

goat2 wrote: »
    I did not know that,
    #and just thinking of how I was at 15, my thoughts back then
    My first thought was, 3 more yrs to go to not have to do what every one wants of me
    Get out there when education was done, have a full time job, and have one hell of a mad time, enjoying life to its fullest as a single person, single and ready to mingle,
    Did all of that, and have no regrets,
    But my mental state at 15 would not have been able to manage finances, home, or anything,

The legal age of marraige in Ireland is 18, you can only get married at 15 if there are special circumstances.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/getting_married.html

Exemption from age requirement

In certain special circumstances, you may be able to get a Court Exemption Order allowing the marriage to proceed even if one or both parties are under 18. The court will require you to show:
    • That there are good reasons for your application
    • That the granting of such an Exemption Order is in the best interests of the parties to the intended marriage
    You should contact either the Circuit Family Court or the High Court for details on how to proceed. This is an informal procedure. You may apply in person (without hiring a solicitor). There is no court charge for an application for a Court Exemption Order. However, if you hire a solicitor to represent you, you will have to pay him/her.

Assume Mags had to do the above to get married at 15?

The legal age of marraige in Ireland is 18, you can only get married at 15 if there are special circumstances.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/getting_married.html

In certain special circumstances, you may be able to get a Court Exemption Order allowing the marriage to proceed even if one or both parties are under 18. The court will require you to show:
      [*]That there are good reasons for your application
      [*]That the granting of such an Exemption Order is in the best interests of the parties to the intended marriage

You should contact either the Circuit Family Court or the High Court for details on how to proceed. This is an informal procedure. You may apply in person (without hiring a solicitor). There is no court charge for an application for a Court Exemption Order. However, if you hire a solicitor to represent you, you will have to pay him/her.

I imagine the bold part is "there'll not be a brick of this fine register office left standing if you don't sign....."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I'm sure if he becomes President Mr Casey will advise Mr Trump to immediately send all the illegal undocumented Irish home pregnant or not.

You have argued that presidents have no power and now you’re arguing that they can advise the US president. Make up your mind flip flop

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• That the granting of such an Exemption Order is in the best interests of the parties to the intended marriage

Yup.

That was the point I made.
      If she married in Ireland that a court would have had to give permission.

I don't think anyone should get married at 15 personally but the government seems to think differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

"It's part of our culture, boss."

"Protected minority, boss."

I imagine the bold part is "there'll not be a brick of this fine register office left standing if you don't sign....."

Then the Courts are acting improperly.

As a by the by - if, as you are suggesting, the Courts are so afraid why are so many Travellers in prison?

Did those particular Travellers not have access to bricks?

SafeSurfer wrote: »
      You have argued that presidents have no power and now you’re arguing that they can advise the US president. Make up your mind flip flop

sarcasm
      /ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/Submit
      noun
      the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

As a by the by - if, as you are suggesting, the Courts are so afraid why are so many Travellers in prison?

You are right,

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Allinall

Can you explain that for me thanks. I haven't a clue about betting odds at all.

At 2/7 (or 4/14), you would have to put on €14 to win €4.

At 4/11 you have to put on €11 to win €4.

4/11 is therefore a “longer” price, as your risk is less for the same potential win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Because the vast majority of them are criminals?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody think casey will get > 15% of the vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

anybody think casey will get > 15% of the vote?

no chance, 8% max imo

• Registered Users Posts: 68,267 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I told the polling booth attendants this morning that Boards.ie said to expect a stampede of voters all day as there was going to be a coup. :D

Beginning to feel a bit silly now. Low turnout so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

At 2/7 (or 4/14), you would have to put on €14 to win €4.

At 4/11 you have to put on €11 to win €4.

4/11 is therefore a “longer” price, as your risk is less for the same potential win.

Thanks. I presume you get your original stake back also, forgive my ignorance :p

Because the vast majority of them are criminals?

Gee - but I thought the Guards were too terrified to arrest them and the Courts too intimidated to sentence them plus having ethnic status grants them immunity to the laws of the land so they can do what they like.

That's what I have been reading on this thread is the situation.

Apparently everyone knows that (Liberal lefty luvvies snowflakes who live in Dublin excluded)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Any Irish illegals in the US SHOULD be sent home.

I told the polling booth attendants this morning that Boards.ie said to expect a stampede of voters all day as there was going to be a coup. :D

Either that never happened or you did actually tell them and they laughed.

At you.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Did those attendants even know what Boards is?

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement