Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Hoboo wrote: »
    After watching the gsw game 4, without KD, which is looking more likely with recent reports, whoever wins east I think could win it. Hopefully TR.

I hope so mate! Nice thing tonight was kawhi didnt have to carry things

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What was that muppet drake up to last night prancing up and down the courtside, how is he even aloud to do that, side by side with nick nurse

Kawai leonards ankle ain't looking too good either, we have no chance if he's not fit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What was that muppet drake up to last night prancing up and down the courtside, how is he even aloud to do that, side by side with nick nurse

It's mental, can't even work out where his actual seat it. Chest bumping players coming off the court, trying to be like Jack Nicholson or Spike Lee talking $hite to players. Should be told to sit tf down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's every game, not just last night. Franchise could be blamed for having him so heavily involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

I'll be so happy if the winner comes from the East but considering it looks like this'll go to game 7 it is hard to look past a GSW drubbing with such an extensive rest and playing so well without Durant with him and Boogie due back. Kerr made a great call playing Curry for so long, risk paid off handsomely. I'd love for Giannis to get his ring so he can fully kick on as the best player in the world but Kawhi and the Raptors winning would be such a fantastic story...plus Kawhi is my favourite player in the league so I'd have to side with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hoboo wrote: »
    It's mental, can't even work out where his actual seat it. Chest bumping players coming off the court, trying to be like Jack Nicholson or Spike Lee talking $hite to players. Should be told to sit tf down.
    kmart6 wrote: »
    It's every game, not just last night. Franchise could be blamed for having him so heavily involved.

He's actually as team ambassador and - and I promise I'm not making this up - they even gave him his own locker in the locker room at the start of the season, though I'm not sure if it's still there. Was relatively widely-reported at the time:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809118-raptors-appear-to-give-demar-derozans-old-locker-to-rapper-drake

To the game itself; I didn't see it TBH but I fully expected the Bucks to win and close the series in 5. As I said recently when the Bucks are good they can look great, but when it doesn't click they can look devoid of ideas. Unlikely I'll get to watch anything but highlights but GS must be loving the extra rest they're getting through having this series extend itself.

BTW, Kevin O'Connor gave some very interesting stats on Warriors with Curry and Durant v Warriors with Curry no Durant v Warriors with no Curry but with Durant on . the Ringer NBA Show. From memory - and these were all 2,000minute+ samples per 100 Possessions with both they were 116, Curry only 113 and Durant only 103. Thought it was interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

BTW, Kevin O'Connor gave some very interesting stats on Warriors with Curry and Durant v Warriors with Curry no Durant v Warriors with no Curry but with Durant on . the Ringer NBA Show. From memory - and these were all 2,000minute+ samples per 100 Possessions with both they were 116, Curry only 113 and Durant only 103. Thought it was interesting.

Hmmm I'd be curious to see those numbers. Can you share the show/article?

If that's true that's cool, I'd be just curious how it's so different from the 4 player rotations from NBA stats I shared previously which had KDs offensive rating much closer to Steph.

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    Hmmm I'd be curious to see those numbers. Can you share the show/article?

If that's true that's cool, I'd be just curious how it's so different from the 4 player rotations from NBA stats I shared previously which had KDs offensive rating much closer to Steph.

15minute (or so) mark in on yesterday's Ringer NBA Show - "the mismatch" version with Chris Vernon. Not making them up! Assume there's an accompanying article (O'Connor almost always doubles up) on theringer.com but I haven't checked as I'm travelling at the moment and haven't had a chance to look.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying Curry is better than Durant or they're better off without him but I'm pretty sure i have the numbers correct from memory. Happy to be corrected if I'm misquoting or inaccurate.

15minute (or so) mark in on yesterday's Ringer NBA Show - "the mismatch" version with Chris Vernon. Not making them up! Assume there's an accompanying article (O'Connor almost always doubles up) on theringer.com but I haven't checked as I'm travelling at the moment and haven't had a chance to look.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying Curry is better than Durant or they're better off without him but I'm pretty sure i have the numbers correct from memory. Happy to be corrected if I'm misquoting or inaccurate.

Not for a moment thinking you are making them up, if it's a misquote, it's a misquote, it probably isnt, as we agreed a million ways to dice the numbers, just curious is all.

Originally thought maybe KD closes the gap defensively & Steph widens it offensively, only curious because the offensive discrepancy for KD is like 14-15 pts so seems big is all, never going to match but didn't think it would be so wide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pod in video if it's easier for people.

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    Not for a moment thinking you are making them up, if it's a misquote, it's a misquote, it probably isnt, as we agreed a million ways to dice the numbers, just curious is all.

Originally thought maybe KD closes the gap defensively & Steph widens it offensively, only curious because the offensive discrepancy for KD is like 14-15 pts so seems big is all, never going to match but didn't think it would be so wide

Apologies if that came across as you suggesting I was making them up; meant misquote in case I had misheard - I was walking through a busy city at the time and only half-listening - but pretty sure I have the numbers correct. Bookmarked the 15minute mark mentally as I wanted to be able to give the source and a guide to where it was in the pod rather than just mentioning the pod and have anyone who was interested have to listen to the whole pod.

I can see it in a way as (as I previously alluded to) with KD they can become quite iso-heavy, with Curry pulling the strings the ball movement is visibly better. If you listen maybe you can confirm? I'll check the website for a written version later, tied up here at the mo. (i'm 8 hours behind y'all right now).

Just skipped to where you suggested.

Yeah the sample of 2000 mins for each individually suggests Warriors +13 with Steph, +3 with Durant and +16 with both.

I can't argue with that, just curious how the discrepancy arises because I rechecked those 4 man rotations and numbers correct too.
    Only this season & this playoffs so noisier sample by me.

Kudos Butters, please continue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Hello the Toronto Raptors are two games away from the finals and today is a great day. Kawhi Leonard is staying.

Obviously I'm biased about the Drake thing. It is a bit much in the ECF but I do like how he's acting like a fan, instead of sitting back with a sulk or a pout like Jay-Z.

Legion. wrote: »
    Hello the Toronto Raptors are two games away from the finals and today is a great day. Kawhi Leonard is staying.

Obviously I'm biased about the Drake thing. It is a bit much in the ECF but I do like how he's acting like a fan, instead of sitting back with a sulk or a pout like Jay-Z.

He's acting like a tit tbh

It doesn't bother me. Its not exactly new behaviour, and if its getting under the Bucks' skin then go for it.

EDIT: This is also funny https://www.narcity.com/sports/ca/on/toronto/kawhi-leonard-will-get-this-multi-million-dollar-penthouse-for-free-if-he-stays-in-toronto

Isn't he like their official ambassador or something?

Regardless Drake is like that anyway. Although he's one of the most famous celebrities on the planet he still comes across like a desperate fan around other celebrities. Sure remember the state of him at the UFC events.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,221 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It’s nothing new, Spike Lee blazed this trail 25 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Seems a lot more contrived with Drake than it did with Spike though tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Iam just happy Butters and Hitch kissed and made up, good vibes back in here again

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »

He likes to throw his face around for sure like the McGrgeor endorsement too.
    The only thing though is that it definitely goes both ways, they want him around.
    I'm sure he has a track on the way for Kawhi to stay something to the effect of:

Kiki Kawhi, do you love me? Are you riding?
    Say you'll never ever leave from beside me
    'Cause I want ya, and I need ya
    And I'm down for you always
    KBKawhi, do you love me? Are you riding?
    Say you'll never ever leave from beside me
    'Cause I want ya, and I need ya
    And I'm down for you always

Money in the bank right there :cool:

Morrison J wrote: »

Would agree with this 100%.

Kawhi gonna do this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Kawhi is the best sportsperson to ever play in toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Definitely must be up there, don’t know too much about Toronto sports people, Vince Carter, Bosh and McGready also quality basketball players to play in Toronto

I’m more than a little surprised but fair play to Toronto doing this after being down 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Tiger Woods won the Candian Open Golf tournament in Toronto.

Novak Djokovic,Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer have all won the Canadian Open Tennis Tournament in Toronto.

Kawhi might end up with a jersey retirement after this season!

Tiger Woods won the Candian Open Golf tournament in Toronto.

Novak Djokovic,Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer have all won the Canadian Open Tennis Tournament in Toronto.

not quite what he means :pac:

One more game. Kawhi is staying. Drake on the sidelines. What a team. Hard to believe this is where we've ended up on the same run where we lost to the nets in 7 and then got swept by the Wizards the following year.

• Advertisement

I’m not sure this impacts whether Kawhi stays or not, btw. But he was absolutely awesome in the key moments last night. Did not see this turnaround coming!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement