Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arc Day

Options
  • 07-10-2018 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Arc 3:05
    3Yo Fillies have a great record in this and I think there is a forgotten horse here in Magical. She looked very good winning in July in a race she had to win really but then had a long break like a lot of Aidan’s . She ran well behind Laurens in the Matron in a race that obviously worked out well. She’s sure to come on for that run and if she does she will be getting involved here at a huge price. Her very light season should be an advantage here and 50/1 is just huge.
    2 Points EW 50/1 4 places paddy/betfair
    4:25 Abbey
    Finsbury Square
    is as good at 40/1 shot as you will see here. He ran really well in the Kings Stand to finish 4th, when no one ever really got to Battash or Blue Point. That form is easily in the top 4 here and this race is sure to have been his main target after Ascot. He’s 40/1 because of a below par run back from a break. He is at least twice the price he should be so a decent bet is required.
    2 Points EW 40/1 4 places Paddy 33/1 4 places sky/hills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

4:35
    It is hard to fancy a horse that keeps finishing last but I think Declarationofpeace is going to do something soon . If he gets away here he could well finish strong which suits this race. 100/1 for a small bet is worth a shot
    1 Point EW 100/1 4 places paddy/hills

3:50
    Rhododendron is a certainty to run a much better race than her last few. She actually didn’t try a leg at all in the Irish Champion but today is probably her day. I actually think Magic Wand will be hard to beat here along with With You but 14/1 about last year’s winner looks decent value in what looks a 3 horse race to me.

1 Point win 14/1 Generally

5:00
    So Beloved looks to have a bit of a squeak here on his best form. He ran well in this race last year to be 2nd albeit on a different course. There is a lot of overrated horses ahead of him in the betting here and he looks worth a small bet.
    1 Point EW 4 places 66/1 Sky 66/1 3 places generally

Arc
    Of the others in the Arc Study of Man may well improve here. He fought well to win the French Derby and this race could develop into a similar scrap. We have to forgive a poor run in the Irish Champion. 40/1 with 4 places look value.
    1 Point EW 40/1 4 places Generally
    I also don’t think it is out of the question that Tiberian can run a big race here at an outrageous price. He has some decent form in the past and has the look of one that could run well at a huge price. A tiny bet just in case
    ½ Point EW 200/1 4 places lads/vc/coral

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Busy day aidan,i think thats as many points as you put up for a day,good luck,following you them all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Ive had a bit ew on Talismanic at 33's, hoping the ground is genuinely good.
    His win in the breeders Cup turf last season I was impressed with and this will likely be the first race hell meet with a decent sized field and gallop to aim at since.
    Got to the front early the last day in the trials and emptied after travelling nicely and finished behind Waldgeist but I'd be surprised if placings aren't reversed today, expect Barzalona to ride him for a place and here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

Arc
    Kew Gardens all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

Arc
    Kew Gardens all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

hobie21 wrote: »
    Arc
    Kew Gardens all the way

Yes indeed, good each way value at 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Think o'brien might have good day today.
    Ew treble on donnacha's 3 and ew treble on moore's 3 where donnacha's not involved. Also a ew on clincher in arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Just show us more of Francesca. Don't care who wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Any idea where to watch the Arc in TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Cheers pal

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Well ****ing done Doyle ya clown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

What a race.

I'm not sure. I thought it was a brilliant ride myself. He was just very unlucky. Another stride and the race was Doyle's.

TheTorment wrote: »
    I'm not sure. I thought it was a brilliant ride myself. He was just very unlucky. Another stride and the race was Doyle's.

There is no way Doyle would ride that race the same way again

There is no way Doyle would ride that race the same way again

In my opinion he did nothing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

He had a bad draw, winner has the perfect stall. You have to get lucky if you're in behind. Thought Moore left KGs waaaaaay too much to do. Could have run into 3rd I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

'twas a scrappy enough race on messy ground. Bar the 2nd ( not suited by the going or draw ) nothing covered itself in glory with the pacemaker Nelson finishing close up beaten just 4 1/2L and putting a realistic formline into the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Doyle has been the best jockey all year by a mile. That still stands. What enable just did is seriously impressive. 2 back to back arcs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Absolute bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Lads I'll do a write up on Tuesday once I get home and get to grips with it. But tbh that was probably the best flat race I've ever seen in terms of tactics and horses. No money made but unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

I don’t think Doyle did much wrong, I think maybe some of the “what a ride” brigade are over doing it. Seems to me the plan was to come across at the back, he did get a few holes opening up at the right time and was unlucky with the last one as he had to come out rather than go inbetween horses. I would think plan was carried out correctly but a lot had to go right for SOC to win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

FatRat wrote: »
    Doyle has been the best jockey all year by a mile. That still stands. What enable just did is seriously impressive. 2 back to back arcs!
    Oisin Murphy says hello...

Thought the draw killed Sea of Class. An almost peach of a ride from Doyle to get her so close. Hopefully both stay in training next. Can see Sea of Class reversing the form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Did I hear Ollie bell daring question Moore's ride on kew gardens yesterday on Itv?
    He'd wanna watch himself, there's an unwritten rule that Moore's good rides have to be made out to be better than they are and his poor rides ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

It wasn't the worst ride ever considering the draw ,however it's not this unbelievable good ride either. Bit like the irish oaks where he got there, but only just and everyone was declaring his genius whereas in reality the filly got him out of jail, this time she couldn't quite do it.

Enable beat cloth of stars two lengths last year with all allowances and 1 or so this year with just the fillys allowance so gosden can spoof all he wants she was fit the form stacks up, the arc this year was filled with absolute rags and Doyle could most certainly have made more use of sea of class and I fully expect sea of class to reverse form if they meet again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I had no money down but is being widest turning in such a bad thing, there is plenty of time from the second last bend to get from the rail at the back of the field to wider so you get a clear run in the straight.

Arc after Arc you always hear about bad luck but the pacemakers always come back through the field and impede the horses on the rail near the back.

Not a criticism of Doyle just something I dont understand.

Advertisement