Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Harry: Lucky man?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Do people really think that the royal family wouldn't have ensured that he was actually Charles' son? He was third in line to the throne at one stage. He has the same hair as his uncle on his mother's side and he looks very like prince Philip when he was younger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Do people really think that the royal family wouldn't have ensured that he was actually Charles' son? He was third in line to the throne at one stage. He has the same hair as his uncle on his mother's side and he looks very like prince Philip when he was younger

No idea. The initial comment was intended as a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    charles-harry.jpg
    Hmmmm.
    YBBxtR4_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Based on the evidence provided by both of you, and I think we can all agree it is conclusive, the only logical explanation is both of their sperms joined forces and ate Diana's eggs together. Sort of like two brothers sharing a sandwich.

9 months later Prince Harry was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think he's very attractive, he has a really nice way about him, lovely to children, warm to everyone he meets by the looks, willing to reveal he has a sensitive side, open to talking about his mental health in order to help others. Nice face, good bod. What's not to like?
    Who wouldn't want a nice guy, 6ft something, non-royal Harry clone? He'd do just as well for himself if he wasn't royal.

I actually think the royal duties and the media focus would put a lot of women off.

I think he's very attractive, he has a really nice way about him, lovely to children, warm to everyone he meets by the looks, willing to reveal he has a sensitive side, open to talking about his mental health in order to help others. Nice face, good bod. What's not to like?
    Who wouldn't want a nice guy, 6ft something, non-royal Harry clone? He'd do just as well for himself if he wasn't royal.

I actually think the royal duties and the media focus would put a lot of women off.

any woman with a functioning brain should run a mile in the opposite direction.

not because Harry is a particularly bad guy. he isnt, or at least doesnt appear to be. the stuff that surrounds the royal family must be nightmarish and the family themselves seem nothing short of dysfunctional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

any woman with a functioning brain should run a mile in the opposite direction.

not because Harry is a particularly bad guy. he isnt, or at least doesnt appear to be. the stuff that surrounds the royal family must be nightmarish and the family themselves seem nothing short of dysfunctional

Totally agree, you're signing up for life wearing a muzzle and living in a goldfish bowl.
    I think it was different for Diana etc, they didn't live in a 24 hr news cycle, they couldn't have known quite the circus that it would become. Now though we are all well aware, you'd have to be madly, madly in love...and generally mad... to even consider it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Aniston and Markle are two nice-looking women - so what if they're not stunning. "Man jaw" - crikey. Pretty beautiful for a woman with a man jaw.
    The fuss over the Middleton sisters baffles me though - obviously they're very pretty, but they're about as pretty as Aniston and Markle. The Pippa thing was such a bandwagon.
    bobbyss wrote: »
    Take away the title. Would she ever have had a relationship with him?
    Don't know.
    Take away the money too and the answer is no.
    You know this how?
    A high maintenance bird like her isnt going to marry some Joe Soap average bloke.
    How do you know she's high maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    She's average enough looking.

Where do you live where the average 37 year old woman looks like

meghan_markle_5051.jpeg_north_640x_white.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

rossie1977 wrote: »

It certainly isn't Ireland anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    My wife is better looking than her, and I'm just an average looking guy. I'm not rich nor am I a prince.

Don't sell yourself short. Go out there an win the person you want!

pics please,can we have a poll too?

• Advertisement

Aniston and Markle are two nice-looking women - so what if they're not stunning. "Man jaw" - crikey. Pretty beautiful for a woman with a man jaw.
    The fuss over the Middleton sisters baffles me though - obviously they're very pretty, but they're about as pretty as Aniston and Markle. The Pippa thing was such a bandwagon.

Don't know.

You know this how?

She married into the royal family. Does it get any higher maintenance?

She married into the royal family. Does it get any higher maintenance?
    Choosing to marry a member of the royal family isn't proof that she is high maintenance herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

rossie1977 wrote: »

Yes, everyone knows the average 37 year old woman is a wizened old hag

To be fair, I don't think Rossie meant that :) but there are a lot of women of that age (and here in Ireland!) who look like that. Plenty of my friends do. Meghan is a nice-looking woman - hilarious how one poster seems almost angry that she is considered attractive, but it is possible for plenty of women to look as she does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The aristocracy of England comes from a very small gene pool from the time of the Norman conquest. It's not a coincidence they all look alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Yes he’s lucky. He’s young healthy and happy. He’s got someone he loves and hopefully loves him and will never have to worry about money. Life is looking good for him certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

I think piers morgan hit it on the nail when he said shes a social climber

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Why would anyone give a shyte what Morgan's opinion is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭pgj2015

hes lucky if your ideal woman looks like philippe coutinho. only joking, i think she is a stunner.

He can be Charlie's angel all day everyday if he likes

It's the biological father/son bit I'm struggling to believe :pac:

The James Hewitt bit is all just stupid gossip. His mum was pregnant with Harry when she first met Hewitt. If you want to see who Harry takes after, google pictures of Diana’s brother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Aegir wrote: »
    The James Hewitt bit is all just stupid gossip. His mum was pregnant with Harry when she first met Hewitt. If you want to see who Harry takes after, google pictures of Diana’s brother.

So you're saying Harry is the product of a relationship between Diana and her brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭moonage

If I was Harry I wouldn't have married a woman as old as Markle. He's a prince and had the pick of women.

He's 34, she's 37. He could've been with a 25-year-old instead of someone approaching middle age. Those dozen years don't matter too much now but in 10 years he'll be sorry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The aristocracy of England comes from a very small gene pool from the time of the Norman conquest. It's not a coincidence they all look alike.
    The English aristocracy are varied enough, with a fair bit of mixing down the years. As far as their royal family goes the gene pool significantly narrowed after the Tudors. The Tudors died out, replaced IIRC by the Stuarts of Scotland(cousins), then after some Dutch blood they died out, to be replaced by the Hanover crowd from Germany, who were picked ahead of more direct line pretenders simply because they weren't Catholic. Then more German was added in the 19th century.

The royal houses of Europe, the Habsburgs for example ended up being real inbred banjo players by the end, but they weren't alone in that. When the remains of the last Tsar of Russia and his family were found and some DNA recovered the links are so close they asked the Queen of England's husband Phillip for a sample of his DNA to confirm it was them. That's how close his DNA was likely to be. His wife Lizzie? This is a pic of her grandfather with the same Tsar of Russia...
    Tsar-Nicholas-George-307821.jpg

One thing for Harry and his bro, their da went outside the family more than his ancestors and they've really done so.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Wibbs wrote: »
    Indeed, but if someone possesses status and/or looks it tends to become a more pressing concern.

On the couple themselves they seem to me to be evenly matched in looks. Compare them to Charles and Diana where he was punching way above his weight in looks.

Nah, Meghan is better looking than Harry. He’s in the ‘good-looking for a Royal’ category.
    It's only the red hair. Just the red hair. Thats all it is.

He looks Windsor through and through there. Well, Philip, rather. It’s been established that Diana hadn’t yet met James Hewitt when Harry was conceived.
    She’s nice looking but she’s not a patch on Kate Middleton and a minger compared to Pippa Middleton.

Gawd no, Kate is so beige. I have genuinely seem many better-looking women in real life than Kate. And Pippa! Women better-looking than Meghan? Not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Don't know.

You know this how?

Yes man jaw if you care to check it out she got implants to rectify her jaw but they made her look more like a man so she got them removed again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

sure they all spoke french until the late 1400s!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Harry appears to have a warm personality and that comes through. He’s also served in the armed forces and obviously does a lot for charity. He appears very likeable and that’s attractive.

When I first saw Meghan years ago in Suits, I remember thinking “we’ll see more of her yet”. She is attractive, if not quite in the conventional sense.

Anyone who finds love is lucky. You could even say that you’re doubly lucky if you’re royal, given all the craziness and hoo-ha that surrounds you. They appear to be in love and I genuinely hope they’re happy and that they take care of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,874 ✭✭✭✭anewme

They are a good couple matched looks wide and personality wise. As someone else said, he comes across as a genuine grounded guy and that in itself is attractive. I also admire him speaking out about personal issues.

He also followed his heart and married beneath his class(divorced older American actress) and that speaks volumes about the person he is.

On the looks front, he is good looking guy (not just for a royal) and she is a very attractive woman.

Aa a couple, they radiate a positive natural energy about them.

Whoever said Megan is a minger compared to Pippa Middleton should go to Specsavers. I really don't get any of the hype about Pippa, always thought she was a bit plain. I'd also estimate that the Middletons are quite social climbers themselves.

Anytime I see Harry, I picture the little lost ginger kid walking behind his Mum"s coffin. He's turned out a fine man and good luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Chicks are attracted to security, blokes are attracted to fertility. Thats the way it is and always has been

• Advertisement

James Hewitt must be so proud

Yes, but not as proud as Will Carling ;)

Advertisement