Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Sometimes if my tolerance is very low I feel like telling those self scanners to shut the **** up when they're like please take your items

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Sometimes if my tolerance is very low I feel like telling those self scanners to shut the **** up when they're like please take your items

You know there is volume control on them.You can lower them right down;);)

dubstarr wrote:
    You know there is volume control on them.You can lower them right down

Oh I'd want to do more than lower them bastards... :p:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Impatient ****ers so they are

*cross face*

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

dubstarr wrote: »
    Im robbing that quote.

My ta is.In Tesco just finished paying for shopping.Im on selfscan,packing away.And some women comes up and starts scanning stuff.

Eh,hello im still packing.Use your eyes

I think by law you are allowed to punch them in that situation, or at least pick up one of their items and launch it as far as you can towards the back of the store.

Or leave something in the packing area to f*ck things up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Elbow to the nose... that way it'll look like an accident. And won't hurt your knuckles.

I could do a job on them like yer man in Office Space with the photocopier

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I could do a job on them like yer man in Office Space with the photocopier

Haaa great movie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

New Home wrote: »
    Elbow to the nose... that way it'll look like an accident. And won't hurt your knuckles.

I like your thinking.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

So, so tempted to go on a food binge the last few days. I haven't binged in months. Can't concentrate on anything and I'm driving myself demented. Thinking about just giving in and having a binge so it will stop tormenting me. Then I know I'll feel guilty and fat. Ffs. Someone hide all of the food on me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Succubus_ wrote: »
    So, so tempted to go on a food binge the last few days. I haven't binged in months. Can't concentrate on anything and I'm driving myself demented. Thinking about just giving in and having a binge so it will stop tormenting me. Then I know I'll feel guilty and fat. Ffs. Someone hide all of the food on me :(

I just had a creamy bun
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I just had a creamy bun
    :D

Not helping! Mean :p Though that's one less thing for me to eat in the world :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was clearing out my freezer to defrost while Im asleep, I found two food items that are high fat, have peppers in and have wheat in, ie NOT mine.
    The girls must have stashed them there during one of the weather warnings before they went off on their travels. Im a bit shocked that I didnt remember it could have been their right off. TA'ed now im sad again

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

People who dont put their shopping straight in their bag after scanning at the self scan but first on the machine, pay and then start packing.

Bring.It.On :D

inforfun wrote: »
    People who dont put their shopping straight in their bag after scanning at the self scan but first on the machine, pay and then start packing.

Bring.It.On :D
    If ppl dont leave the scanned item on the shelf and pay in full, the machine starts screaming and security rapidly follows.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Before scanning you weigh your bag, hang bag.
    Start scanning, throw scanned item straight into bag.
    Last item scanned and in bag, pay and get out.
    Dont forget yuor already packed bag.

inforfun wrote: »
    Before scanning you weigh your bag, hang bag.
    Start scanning, throw scanned item straight into bag.
    Last item scanned and in bag, pay and get out.
    Dont forget yuor already packed bag.
    Yes, Ive only seen that work in a handful of supermarkets tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I can never manage to get my bag to sit open on the damn self service tills. So I usually give up and just end up having to put my stuff on top of my bag.

My TA for the day, in M&S at lunchtime and some lady was having a full blown natter with the girl at the tills. With a huge queue behind her waiting to pay. Completely oblivious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I had to fill the car up, 56 litres or so. Next town it was 3 cents a litre cheaper.

Now 1.70 is not doing to make or break me but I still feel robbed.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’ve a headache and I forgot to take painkillers before I came to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Is it a thing amongst women now on social media to do a ten pic story on Instagram wishing their mates a happy birthday... I notice a couple do a 10 pic soliloquy’s nearly everyday to wish a happy birthday to a mate- I thought a fb message was enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My one year fixed term contract won’t be renewed, fair ‘nuff. Not because I’m a lazy sod (sometimes :p) but because a permanent employee is returning

Thing is though in the 3 weeks she has been back she has called in sick for 8 days. Today she is out again with another issue and she didn’t call in as per procedure. Supposed to call in, same in every workplace. She texted a friend.

I’ve never missed a day but she is permanent so won’t be let go even if she doesn’t give a damn about the job

I know how substitute teachers feel :/

Called into a meeting today and this was officially confirmed by my boss. I'm not blissfully unaware, I knew it was coming. In fact last summer I knew it was coming due to the return of the permanent staff member (who promptly called in sick for 8 days!) and I've been jobhunting without success since December

Still I skipped the bus and walked 5km home to clear the head and admit I shed a few tears and ranted to myself. Maybe people passing me by thought I was mad. :confused:

Jaysus a guy in his 30's crying over a job. In 5 weeks I face the dole queue and while I've been there twice before I'll feel like a failure if I end up there.

'till then I'm keeping at the job hunt

Not a TA sorry, more a get off the chest :( All I can say is I gave my best and that's all I have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I'm working my way through Game of Thrones again before Season 8 starts in April. All day long I've been looking forward to having a glass of wine tonight and watching the next 2 episodes...... I opened the box to find that the next disc is missing. The rage is real! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I let my cousin borrow the boxset a year or 2 ago so he must have lost it. So damn annoyed.

And yes I know I can watch it online but I hate having something missing out of a set. I also hate the fact that I gave someone something and I didn't get it back in the same condition.

I know I sound like I'm totally overreacting but it's been a loooong week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Called into a meeting today and this was officially confirmed by my boss. I'm not blissfully unaware, I knew it was coming. In fact last summer I knew it was coming due to the return of the permanent staff member (who promptly called in sick for 8 days!) and I've been jobhunting without success since December

Still I skipped the bus and walked 5km home to clear the head and admit I shed a few tears and ranted to myself. Maybe people passing me by thought I was mad. :confused:

Jaysus a guy in his 30's crying over a job. In 5 weeks I face the dole queue and while I've been there twice before I'll feel like a failure if I end up there.

Not a TA sorry, more a get off the chest :( All I can say is I gave my best and that's all I have

Sorry to hear this. Cry it out, and then power on with the job-hunt.

TA (not really T) of mine is ungrateful employees who are ungrateful to have their job and are constantly moaning about their job and/or are regularly calling in sick. I know that jobs can be genuinely, legitimately depressing, but anyone with any experience being long-term unemployed would kill to be in your position. Not to mention the extra pressure that regularly calling in sick puts on your colleagues.

(I'm not talking about employees who are unfortunate enough to have genuine reasons to regularly call in sick. I do feel sorry for those people. I'm talking about the messers, the wasters, the users and abusers.)

Ta'd at those mini kinder bars being far too nice for there own good :3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

When I pierce the top of the marmalade jar to open it with a sharp knife. Then I notice that the point on the sharp knife has a bit missing. Then I am wondering if I have swallowed the tiny bit of metal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

The weather here in Murrayfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Fcuk them! Best of luck

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Change fcuked back at me on the counter in local centra again. The ignorance of the youth today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Ronan O Garas voice and air of misery.
    I'm sure he is a nice lad and very clever but that voice !
    Trivial..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement