Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Shopping in Penney's: buy clothes or household stuff - get served by a lady. Buy bras and other intimates - get served by a cringing, blushing teenage boy.

Also in Penney's - I was looking at the nail stuff and suddenly the back of this woman's bobble-hatted head appeared right in front of my face. She couldn't stand aside politely and look at the stuff or go look somewhere else while I was looking, nooo, she had to swoop her head in (giraffe-like) and block my view! She actually followed me around to the other side of the stand and tried to do the same thing again. I took a stomping step forward (elephant-like) to cut her off. I wasn't always a grumpy shopper but people bring out the worst in me 😜.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I woke up twenty minutes late this am, now im two hours behind, htf!?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

dubstarr wrote: »
    If it was put in to my hand,i gave it back the same way.If it was flung on the counter,i put the change back on the counter.

Same. Some people would ignore your hand and throw it on the counter then put their own hand out for change.

Sigh, people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Acid reflux / heart burn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Surprised and disappointed to see three girls and a boy aged about 16 handing cigarettes to each other and lighting up on the street in my local town. May have been a little older but it was just one pack between the four. Was stopped in traffic for a good while so had time to observe.

I work with secondary school children and thankfully fewer smoke nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

wally1990 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but I need to know

I went into the shop the other day and left the lights and radio on by mistske

I was literally. In the shop 5 minutes

Came out and car wouldn't start, tick over

Got the cables out and hooked up with another car and got it started

Since then it starting much slower after 3 or 4 ticks

Is it def the battery or could it be something else?

Car is 2009 mk2 diesel ford focus and I bought it 2 years ago and I think it's the original battery

I'll Replace it but just want to know could it be something else I can check before I do

Cheers

Try this forum here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Shopping in Penney's: buy clothes or household stuff - get served by a lady. Buy bras and other intimates - get served by a cringing, blushing teenage boy.

Also in Penney's - I was looking at the nail stuff and suddenly the back of this woman's bobble-hatted head appeared right in front of my face. She couldn't stand aside politely and look at the stuff or go look somewhere else while I was looking, nooo, she had to swoop her head in (giraffe-like) and block my view! She actually followed me around to the other side of the stand and tried to do the same thing again. I took a stomping step forward (elephant-like) to cut her off. I wasn't always a grumpy shopper but people bring out the worst in me 😜.

That's just Penney's to be fair. Most people in there are like that I find, I just turn on my ignorant switch and bull through people like that. I'm nice really :D

My TA, some wanker deciding to use an electric planer at 7 this morning, what felt like outside my front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

When you leave clothes in a dryer for a while this weather, it's hard to tell if they're still a little damp or just cold.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Paddy Power ads.

Any bookmaker ad where they make themselves out to be “one of the lads”.

F*cking poison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

When you leave clothes in a dryer for a while this weather, it's hard to tell if they're still a little damp or just cold.

Perhaps they're just a little.....moist

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ireland's got talent and the cringe factor is high, that clown of a comedian is a judge and that other muppet walsh is on it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ireland's got talent and the cringe factor is high, that clown of a comedian is a judge and that other muppet walsh is on it too!

That's being kind to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I wish all them "talent" shows would fekk off, or at least stick them all on a PPV channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I treated myself to a coffee and coffee cake in town earlier. Stomach is killing me all evening. I haven't eaten cake for about a month, maybe it was a shock to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Use just eat all the time and have no problems

But tonight Just delivery off just eat. Ie

Ordered Chinese at 10 30pm

Delivery time 11 35

11 45 I received an sms there was a problem with the order and it was cancelled

Ffs like!!! Starving here

OK I order again from different pizzeria immediately

Min spent 12
    Delivery 3 according to just eat

I spend 14 so in total 17

I get an sms saying there is a problem with the order

I was confused and thinking maybe that sms was in relation to the previous order but rang to confirm.

Guy says oh for your area the order min spend is 16 euro plus 3 delivery

Ffs just cancel the order....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The stupid thread title. :mad:

(EDIT: Last night when I posted, not now).

4852354-susie.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=10360621

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

qs5qg0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:
    The stupid thread title.

I agree, it should be NH's Soggy Bottom TTAAY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm blessed (!) with 3 Lhasa Apsos this morning and they decided to have a bit of a bit of a barkfest

Seven Worlds will Collide

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I agree, it should be NH's Soggy Bottom TTAAY.

Oi! It's Father Fluffy Bottom to you! :mad:

Hats off to the mod who changed it, in fairness, 'cause that " 's" can be read both as a verb contraction or as Saxon genitive - that was the great touch of an evil genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TA that no new posters will know what this thread is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA that no new posters will know what this thread is for.

TA that this old poster had no clue either and had no idea why it was in " my threads " Stupid title

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thread title changes is a big TA. It was funny the first time but that was in a different decade.
    (Yeah, I am extra grumpy today).

But it says TTTAY right in the title!!! And it will pique their curiosity anyway, in a "What the hell is this?!" kind of way... Anyway, remember when the old thread was renamed "The Nicolas Cage Appreciation Thread"? I do... Urgh!

Trigger Happy, you should try to be more TH and live up to your name... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New Home wrote: »
    But it says TTTAY right in the title!!! And it will pique their curiosity anyway, in a "What the hell is this?!" kind of way... Anyway, remember when the old thread was renamed "The Nicolas Cage Appreciation Thread"? I do... Urgh!

Trigger Happy, you should try to be more TH and live up to your name... :D

It's even a T short of TTTAY. :mad:

Maybe it's "Trivialities That Annoy You", now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

So cold here in Manchester

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

To whoever changed the thread title - it's not funny and you're not clever. It was amusing the first time it was changed but at this stage it's like the comedian who steals other people's jokes - no one appreciates or respects them and thinks they're a massive ****. Seriously, put the title back to normal and lets all forget about this embarrassing attention seeking debacle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement