Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should Gemma O'Doherty have been given a chance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Not every use of the word "globalist" is anti semetic, but coupled with the imagery and the fact that the Nazis (the actual Nazis, not neo Nazis etc) believed that Coudenhove-Kalergi's Paneuropean Union was a Jewish conspiracy, and it's pretty clear that Gemma is recycling, whether intentionally or accidentally, alt right anti antisemitism.

Ah, you see, this is the wonder of dog-whistling. I could say something like "Those kikes are running the world and that's why I can't get a break. Maybe hitler had a point" but that would be clearly anti-semiic and delusional.

Here's where dog-whistling comes in. I could express those same sentiments by switching out some words in such a way that the meaning is clear to other anti-semites and yet offers them an almost comical ability to practice a trollish form of plausible deniability. I could instead say "Man, these wealthy ((globalists)) like are rigging the system and making it impossible for white straight men to get a fair shot. We'll soon be wiped out and replaced by people from North Africa" and in this way, I avoid mentioning Jews or suggesting that they should be harmed.

Someone who is not anti-semitic might come along and say, "Hang on there, buddy, I know what you're up to. You're basically expressing the same sentiments as that nazi but you're using language that's well understood by fellow anti-smites in such a way as to hide your anti-semitism from those less familiar with it. You're dog-whistling".

And then, sure as night follows day, someone will come along and say"Wait a minute; you can't just accuse someone of anti-semitism like that. He never mentioned the jews. He's just talking about the global elites. Did you know that white men are the most persecuted people in the western world? Here, check out this 2 hour video by someone who was suggested to me on youtube after I watched a few Jordan Peterson videos. It's not anti-semitic, I swear (wink, wink)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

It's basically someone who isn't a full anti-semite - you know, like Hitler or gasthejews84@fuhrer.de. It's someone with an unhealthy obsession with Soros and other ((globalists)) but stops short of shooting up a Synagogue. Their non-full anti-semitism is more cheery and whimsical than the dark and ugly full anti-semitism of a concentration camp in southern Poland in the early 1940s. It's just a bit of fun, really.

This is an actual excerpt from a blueprint by Andrew Anglin, who runs the far right Daily Stormer website, for how far right racist trolls should post in a "humorous" style.

It's like he's perfectly describing the modus operandi of a load of posters here.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/daily-stormer-nazi-style-guide_us_5a2ece19e4b0ce3b344492f2

5a301c0c1600001f00cf0cf7.png?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

In this case , yeah its pretty clear that Gemma did post what amounts to an anti semetic article , but the world almost certainly has a hyper inflated sense that any criticism of israel, crtiticism of a jewish person or now any word inside even singular brackets is 'anti semetic'

is gemma o doherty on record as sharing ridiculous conspiracy theories and obviously nonsensical anti semitic material or not

and gimme a break should she have been given 'a chance'

she got a chance and was exposed, that was her 'chance'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

In this case , yeah its pretty clear that Gemma did post what amounts to an anti semetic article , but the world almost certainly has a hyper inflated sense that any criticism of israel, crtiticism of a jewish person or now any word inside even singular brackets is 'anti semetic'

So your point was entirely irrelevant...

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    So your point was entirely irrelevant...

no it wasnt, I asked what was anti semetic in her post, I got answers, I agree with the posters who pointed it out to me, that was it. Are questions banned now mein fuhrer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

is gemma o doherty on record as sharing ridiculous conspiracy theories and obviously nonsensical anti semitic material or not

and gimme a break should she have been given 'a chance'

she got a chance and was exposed, that was her 'chance'

Yep

Look at this. Shes going on about the Kalergi plan and new world orders. Conspiracy theories and definitely anti-semetism

https://youtu.be/GOkUEtyWCG0

She is literally going full on fash.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Yep

Look at this. Shes going on about the Kalergi plan and new world orders. Conspiracy theories and definitely anti-semetism

I'm now fully convinced she had a serious mental health problem

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Gerry G wrote: »
    I'm now fully convinced she had a serious mental health problem

Its very possible she had a serious mental breakdown when her husband died, tragic and unfortunate if so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Yep

Kalergi wasn't Jewish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Kalergi wasn't Jewish.

The plan is used regularly by Neo Nazis as proof of a plan to wipe out white people. Globalist plots to control the world tend to have originated in anti semetic conspiracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

VinLieger wrote: »
    Its very possible she had a serious mental breakdown when her husband died, tragic and unfortunate if so

Yep, unfortunately possible, but for whatever reason, she has a paranoid personality disorder with a side of schizoid-narcissism and she needs psychiatric help for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is she a flat earther too?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is she a flat earther too?

Give her 5 minutes watching some of their stuff on youtube and id say she'd be on board

All about chemtrails she is the last few days, flat earth stuff is on that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Her solicitor must be brutal. I'm still waiting on the letter that she threatened me with 18 months ago

Gerry G wrote: »
    Her solicitor must be brutal. I'm still waiting on the letter that she threatened me with 18 months ago

They are sending them out quite a lot. Even sending them to peoples employers

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Well thats simply unethical, unless the employers are in some way party to her grievance. What firm/3rd year law dropout with chip on shoulder isworking for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Good.

She'll be broke at this rate. Its 50 euro per letter for a piece of paper that really doesn't mean much. :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Good.

She'll be broke at this rate. Its 50 euro per letter for a piece of paper that really doesn't mean much. :pac::D

Would imagine she’s crowd funding regularly?

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Well thats simply unethical, unless the employers are in some way party to her grievance. What firm/3rd year law dropout with chip on shoulder isworking for her?

I have a feeling in the particular case I am aware of she may have deliberately chose this employer for a reason

Terry Pratchet

road_high wrote: »

Yeah its very questionable how she is funded to be travelling so much all over the country and to Sweden and Denmark.

I think she gets some money throygh youtube and patreon but it couldnt be a lot

Terry Pratchet

I presume anti-corruption Ireland is still only a 'movement' and not a political party?

That being so, anyone else think Gemsie should be registered as a lobbyist?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

road_high wrote: »

People are probably racist enough to donate too actually. :rolleyes:

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I presume anti-corruption Ireland is still only a 'movement' and not a political party?

That being so, anyone else think Gemsie should be registered as a lobbyist?

Hmmmm

Her SIPO returns will be interesting

Terry Pratchet

People are probably racist enough to donate too actually. :rolleyes:

Im pretty sure even mosts racists have enough sense to stay away from Gemma

Im pretty sure even mosts racists have enough sense to stay away from Gemma

Nah she attracts them by the truck load

Terry Pratchet

Nah she attracts them by the truck load

Only the stupid ones. A smart racist would know better than to publicly support her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

A smart racist

Err...

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    Err...

It would be nice to think that all racists are knuckle-dragging neanderthals but that's just not the case.

Sure, most of the ones that I see on boards might be the sort of tabloid reader who gets impressed Peter Casey or Gemma O Doherty but there are plenty of others who know what not to do to give the game away.

Advertisement