Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Gemma O'Doherty have been given a chance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Since she didn't get a presidential nomination her Twitter feed has gone fully off the conspiracy scale, her anti-vaxx stuff over the past couple of days is an utter disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Since she didn't get a presidential nomination her Twitter feed has gone fully off the conspiracy scale, her anti-vaxx stuff over the past couple of days is an utter disgrace.

Anti vaxxers in meltdown mode...do they have any other mode?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

road_high wrote: »
    Anti vaxxers in meltdown mode...do they have any other mode?!

no vaccination should mean no school. I am sure it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

no vaccination should mean no school. I am sure it used to.

Damn right it did for boarding schools anyway. Kids wouldnt be allowed back without their medical card up to date - as per kids school stories at the time! And I'm pretty sure I had to have my vaccs for school, there was a slight oddity over my MMR (born when there was the first big squiff over it, damn you very much Wakefield, so got them seperately).

There is a special place in hell for Andrew Wakefield though. A particularly hot bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jesus she really is showing her true colours since not getting the nomination, as others have said her anti-vax garbage is off the charts in the last few days, disgusting stuff to read really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

She’d be far better off running for election in the Dail ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Gemma upping her anti-vaxx nonsense after not getting the nomination feels like nothing more than an agreed ploy to distract from Ní Riada's anti-vaxx past. Why else turn it up to 11 so abruptly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gemma upping her anti-vaxx nonsense after not getting the nomination feels like nothing more than an agreed ploy to distract from Ní Riada's anti-vaxx past. Why else turn it up to 11 so abruptly?

It would seem you're joining Gemma and the tinfoil hat brigade there. Maybe too much time on twitter?

It would seem you're joining Gemma and the tinfoil hat brigade there. Maybe too much time on twitter?
    Anti-vaxxers gotta stick together.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

No she offers nothing to the position and shes so devisive the country would be up in a heap within a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I give it a few months before she's working with Info Wars as their Irish correspondent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I give it a few months before she's working with Info Wars as their Irish correspondent.

She seems to be attempting to carve a niche as some sort of poundshop Katie Hopkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Info...wars?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Imagine her with her finger on the button

Edgware wrote: »
    Imagine her with her finger on the button

What button? The button to call her personal assistant? That's about the height of the powers of the office.

What button? The button to call her personal assistant? That's about the height of the powers of the office.
    I could see her doing silly things like putting legislation she personally disagrees with to ordinary referenda, which is a pretty bad idea.

I could see her doing silly things like putting legislation she personally disagrees with to ordinary referenda, which is a pretty bad idea.

She couldn't though, she could only refer it to the supreme court, who would just tell her to feck off. After that if she refuses to sign within 7 days she's removed from her post. She'd either cop on or be replaced within 6 months.

She couldn't though, she could only refer it to the supreme court, who would just tell her to feck off. After that if she refuses to sign within 7 days she's removed from her post. She'd either cop on or be replaced within 6 months.
    Forgot about the petition requirement!

Forgot about the petition requirement!

If someone managed to get 1/3rd of TD's or a majority of senators to agree to a petition more than once in their 7 year term I'd be surprised, but every time they don't like a bill is way beyond the realms of probability.

Either way, thank feck the fruitcake didn't get enough nominations and we don't have to worry about it and won't have another (presidential) election before the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Agreed, she's a bit odd but would have been a more authentic candidate than the Casey chap, driving his balls up in Donegal. How he got nominated needs some explaining I would think.

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Agreed, she's a bit odd but would have been a more authentic candidate than the Casey chap, driving his balls up in Donegal. How he got nominated needs some explaining I would think.

Casey is an idiot, O Doherty is off her rocker, simply look at her twitter feed since she didnt get the nomination to understand the levels of crazy she was trying to hide from us all while campaigning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure we need authentically nuts in the Áras. Or even on the campaign trail. It's all very well allowing freedom of speech, but giving a platform to people who's views are not just nuts, but objectively dangerous would be a huge mistake.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Casey is an idiot, O Doherty is off her rocker, simply look at her twitter feed since she didnt get the nomination to understand the levels of crazy she was trying to hide from us all while campaigning
    I would have loved it if the Presdidential visit to Sligo County Council (for example) had ended in an tUachtaran na hEireann exposing their corruption and dishonesty and perhaps with the Gardai arresting half the council.

I might have liked it a bit less at the Irish Cancer Society or the Lauralynn hospice though.

Is Uachtaran the feminine of Uachataran?

I would have loved it if the Presdidential visit to Sligo County Council (for example) had ended in an tUachtaran na hEireann exposing their corruption and dishonesty and perhaps with the Gardai arresting half the council.

I might have liked it a bit less at the Irish Cancer Society or the Lauralynn hospice though.

Is Uachtaran the feminine of Uachataran?

You like gemma dont understand the role of president

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

While you might be joking, I could actually see this happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

While you might be joking, I could actually see this happening.
    I suspect something like this has been her aim all along.

There's a pretty lucrative market for conspiracist crackpots out there.

The key is that they must be loud, appear utterly certain in what they say, and constantly feign victimhood, by claiming that people are trying to "silence" them.

Create a cult, in other words. The exact same tactics as evangelical preachers.

O'Doherty fits the bill as regards all three and probably figures that if the likes of Paul Joseph Watson can get rich by peddling this type of trash, so can she.

Whether there's enough of a market to sustain her in Ireland is another thing. One hopes not.

hill16bhoy wrote: »

The key is that they must be loud, appear utterly certain in what they say, and constantly feign victimhood, by claiming that people are trying to "silence" them.

Which is exactly what happened in her case according to the Times , Telegraph and Guardian. She doorstepped the Garda Commissioner shortly before he resigned in disgrace and got fired. That isn't feigning victimhood or pretending to be silenced. She was victimised and silenced. To say otherwise is to be willingly complicit in corruption.

To say otherwise is to be willingly complicit in corruption.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

The thing is, the further down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole she goes, the more she undermines anything she’s said or done in the past

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I hope she is pressing forwards with the investigation into those Limerick suicides (which were really murders).

Advertisement