Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many bedrooms / people in your home?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭satguy

€30K and you get to pick your 2 bedroomed apartment. €35K if downsizing to a one bed apartment. (Kids all Gone)

only fair....

YES,, that little question that just popped into your head,, the answer to it is ...YES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Nice try, Mr Burglar.

I don't think he's a burglar, he's looking for single women he can move in with

Main house has 5 bedrooms. 3 Adults and 2 kids using them all in varying configurations. New baby on the way so layout about to change. 4th baby planned for not too long after that so things will change again.

Spare house on the land has a single bedroom granny flat layout. Currently no one living in that. Must work on that.
    bmc58 wrote: »
    Just wondering,would a fellow member of Boards with over 2 &1/2 thousand posts not warrant some respect?

Hell no - they know what they are getting themselves into by now and are prime targets and fair game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Malayalam

3 bedrooms. 2 people half the week and 1 the other half. As the children moved out I took over their rooms with art and craft stuff and generally overflowed. About 8 weeks a year, Christmas, Easter and summer months, there will often be up to 10 people and then it's first come first served, mattresses everywhere and me slaving over the stove. I enjoy that but I also really enjoy having the whole place to myself and not meeting anyone for days. Love it, really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

4 bed detached. 3 empty rooms. I occupy the other room and I feel the house is overcrowded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Eight bedrooms , six people , two dogs , one guinea pig a psychotic budgie and a tank full of fish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

5 bedrooms - 3 Hupeople

Master bedroom for myself & Mrs BoBandy
    Toddlers room
    My office
    Her office
    Guest room (attic)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Into negative equity here.... Minus one attractive Male Hubby-material and minus 2/3/4 sprogs.

One bedroom and two people.

Also four bedrooms and two people.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

4 bed, just my wife and I. Karl Deeter described single people living in a large house as the equivalent of bed blockers in a hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Three bedrooms, four adults (30s), five cars, two motorbikes, four bicycles and twelve fish.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    4 bed, just my wife and I. Karl Deeter described single people living in a large house as the equivalent of bed blockers in a hospital.

I would love a massive house all to myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I would love a massive house all to myself

Our boys sometimes remember where we live. Nice for them to have the knowledge the bed is always there. My mum still has my room there for me. I moved out 24 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Two single chicks (quelle horreur!) in a 3 bed detached.

The spare room is used for laundry, despite my sister's repeated efforts to stage a hostile takeover and turn it into a dressing room for her.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

37.5 pence, or 7 and 6 in old money

Holiday home make a up for it as that has only 5 bedrooms....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

3 bedrooms for two adults and two kids. Bog standard end of terrace with a converted attic that's just storage at the moment but could be another unofficial bedroom. Would prefer it as an office space though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Three bedrooms all for me, and I'm only there one weekend per month roughly.

Don't tell the crusties!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Three bedrooms, four adults (30s), five cars, two motorbikes, four bicycles and twelve fish.
    Oh yeah, forgot that part, so 3 bed semi, me and three turtles. They have their own self contained room mind you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Two single chicks (quelle horreur!) in a 3 bed detached.

That doesn't make any sense. Who pays the bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Just me and the wife in a 3 bed/3 wcs. One room is an office, other is a second sitting room/guest bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭facehugger99

4 people - 3 bedrooms.

Spare bedrooms are a waste of space - could convert the home office, playroom or cinema room into quasi-bedrooms if we had loads of people staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

2 beds, 2 people.
    But it's way too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

4 bed bungalow, 1 person. Was a 5 bed originally when I bought it but I knocked 2 rooms together to make a really fab master suite with dressing room and en-suite. I have a spare room, then the 3rd bedroom has become an office but has a sofabed there if needed, and the 4th is a box room that has become a cloak room/mud room kinda place, but still with room for single fold up bed if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

4 bedrooms, 2 adults and a baby. Hopefully at some stage the baby will occupy one of the other bedrooms instead of lying across my spot in the bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot that part, so 3 bed semi, me and three turtles. They have their own self contained room mind you.

Master-Splinter-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-III.jpeg?ssl=1

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

bmc58 wrote: »
    Just wondering,would a fellow member of Boards with over 2 &1/2 thousand posts not warrant some respect?

let me think about it. My thinking room is in the east wing though, very far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Suprised at how many spare rooms most people have.
    3 bedrooms here for myself and two teenagers.Only one bathroom/toilet which tends to be difficult in the moning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

This post has been deleted.
    Single woman(divorced) in 4 bed detached.Family grown but come visit.
    My answer to the folk who would have a problem with it would be..
    "When I was working 60 hours and raising a family,saving and scrimping so that I could buy my home, I actually don't recall you knocking on my door to see if I needed any help or assistance"
    I have more time now and enjoy my home so much..I've earned it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

single - have 4 bed detached house. makes up for the years I lived in a tiny bedsit (about same size as my boxroom) in Dublin with shared bathroom so I could save for a house. I like to have the space now for my sister her husband and five children to stay when they come visit and I also have friends stay over a bit. intend to trade down to a smaller house - but not quite yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

We have a 40" TV in every room.

There's one telly :(

Advertisement