Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many bedrooms / people in your home?

Options
  • 27-09-2018 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Nice try, Mr Burglar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

How many bedrooms / people in your home?

i.e is your home under or over occupied?

And why do you want to know this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

do I include the monsters under the beds in this calculation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Two people and an overly protective and paranoid staffy :pac:

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Just the one bedroom and there's just meself here. I do feel guilty about the fact that there are lots of women out there who'd love a bit of this *points at self* and I'm selfishly depriving them of it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What about my staff/servants, I'm not sure if they live in my palace, they just appear when I need them.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What about my staff/servants, I'm not sure if they live in my palace, they just appear when I need them.

I'm also not sure if the "help" are to be included in this census :confused:

Also I'll be fecked if I'm counting all my rooms myself. I'll post back when I get someone to do it for me.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm also not sure if the "help" are to be included in this census :confused:

Also I'll be fecked if I'm counting all my rooms myself. I'll post back when I get someone to do it for me.
    Do you not have someone to do that?

I think I see where you're going with this thread and in an ideal world we'd only have the number of rooms we need. However, when you buy a home you have to guess how your future will pan out and buy in line with that - then life does whatever it does, and years later you have to work with what you got.

In answer to your question: we have a three bed - there's me, husband and a student renting a room. Our third (small) bedroom is now a study.

No, things have been tight :(

No, things have been tight :(
    You can borrow one of mine, as I don't know you address (heck, I don't even know mine, that's the drivers job) i'll send a few of mine out, one of them will figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Must be one of those nouveau riche! *scoffs*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

5 bed 4 adults and two dogs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

20 people in 2 rooms paying 800 each

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have a cat!! Cats deserve a choice of beds too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nowadays 2 people and four bedrooms. They were all occupied for many years but still accommodate visitors, sleepover grandchildren etc.
    Family dynamics change over the years and houses can go from overcrowded to near empty but it's our home and we're certainly not downsizing at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

1 bedroom for myself and my wife, 3 other bedrooms for the dog as he follows the sun around the house

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was the Staffy not enough to put you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

At the moment 3 bedrooms, 2 kids. Chill out room has a couch that turns into a bed for anyone staying. Other rooms could be bedrooms if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

One person, three bedrooms. It used to be the family home but I bought the house when the rest of the family moved.
    I'm male so they couldn't have been talking about me. And I'm not in a semi-detached. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

Two people and an overly protective and paranoid staffy :pac:

ha,ha!Good one.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

2 bedrooms, 1 person. Will probably go to 1/1 in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

do I include the monsters under the beds in this calculation?
    Just wondering,would a fellow member of Boards with over 2 &1/2 thousand posts not warrant some respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

2 bedrooms + 1 box room which has a sofa and a lotta storage, 2 people and a little hairy monster dog

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

3 bed semi. Me(not a single woman).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Advertisement