Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport incident Thursday Morning!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

rivegauche wrote: »
    Apologies if I've confused the man with another rapscallion called Patrick Kehoe

Snipped - name is FAR too common to try make that connection, thanks
    far too common but ages match. I found another one for trespass the following year with age being about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think he had a hard upbringing...............

Oh what might have been - he could have won a fortune on Ryanair scratch cards...

No he was after the vodka baggies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

rivegauche wrote: »
    far too common but ages match. I found another one for trespass the following year with age being about right.

And unless you've actual proof its him you're leaving boards.ie liable for legal action should it not be him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Dressed in a grey padded jacket, grey tracksuit bottoms and runners, the unemployed man grinned awkwardly as he stood before the judge who asked him if he had a solicitor, to which he replied, “No”. He had the same answers when the judge asked him if he was working and if he had the name of a solicitor.

“I don’t know any of them, do you want to choose me one?” he then said.

"Choose me one." Interesting grammatical formulation. Just popped into my head accented, for some reason.

Sounds like a lovely character altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Noo wrote: »
    What kinda of punishment would you get for a stunt like that?

in Ireland very little it seams - his free solicitor, paid by taxpayers, got him bail and even managed to stop him been banned from Dublin airport - the Irish judiciary are so out of touch with decent citizens of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's just been on the news swinging his cabin bag at the camera crews filming him leaving the court.

Don't think we're dealing with a Mensa member here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Unemployed, gets free legal aid but had the bobs to go off to Amsterdam, 'tis a great wee country

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Posts about other incidents which may or may not be the same person are going to continue being deleted as they are legally fraught and also off-topic

• Registered Users Posts: 33,953 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Anybody who was on that flight and due to be sitting near to that pair should be breathing a big sigh of relief

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

GoneHome wrote: »
    Unemployed, gets free legal aid but had the bobs to go off to Amsterdam, 'tis a great wee country

"Kehoe, with his luggage in tow, left the court with a woman shortly after the hearing."

Presumably the woman was carrying his baggage.It always amazes me that Irish pond lives never appear to have any problem in finding a dumb broad to tag along. Maybe she paid for his ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Off topic: what the hell were they doing heading to the park after Court appearance? Visiting the zoo? taxis, buses, dealers, train to wexford are all in the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

GoneHome wrote: »

Will he still be able to go for his long weekend?

Will he have to fly out of Belfast or Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    We really do need an Armed Pressence Transport Police/Garda Unit. Could have just as easily been a terrorist.

Surely there already is some form of armed security presence at the airport no?

(and I don't mean : will be there shortly present. But armed, present and waiting to respond?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Did he think that the pilot was going to stop, open the doors and allow him to board?
    Will he still be able to go for his long weekend?

Will he have to fly out of Belfast or Cork?

Nope, his break in Amsterdam is cancelled. SVP will probably give him the funds to cover his loses. Knock would also be an option for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

All that he was charged with was damaging a magnetic door? So there is no crime to running out on the taxiway?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Some lucky person had an empty seat beside them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

All that he was charged with was damaging a magnetic door? So there is no crime to running out on the taxiway?

really?

There has to be a whole bunch of by-laws that he broke no?

First Up wrote: »
    Some lucky person had an empty seat beside them.

Yeah, this guy reminds me of a lad I had beside me on a first to LGW a few weeks back. Complained to the flight attendant because she asked him to move into his allocated seat and he order wine ..... at 7am in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Berserker wrote: »
    Did he think that the pilot was going to stop, open the doors and allow him to board?

Nope, his break in Amsterdam is cancelled. SVP will probably give him the funds to cover his loses. Knock would also be an option for him.

Actually the Court refused to ban him from Dublin Airport when the Gardai requested it. Nothing to stop him heading over for some Amsterdamage later today.

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Actually the Court refused to ban him from Dublin Airport when the Gardai requested it. Nothing to stop heading over for some Amsterdamage later today.

Gotta love the courts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Airports should have a slightly hungry and hard of hearing 52kph/32mph Doberman pinscher on standy for such events.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,953 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Presumaby Ryanair will ban him though? (and any other Irish airline if they have sense)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Ah I cant see him swapping Amsterdam for Knock, I doubt he's the religious type :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Maybe the feud between the gangs is having an effect could they be down to the dregs already, I hope the advice wasn't 'keep cool, don't draw attention to yourself and you'll be grand'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭dzilla

So he will miss the Mensa convention in Holland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah, this guy reminds me of a lad I had beside me on a first to LGW a few weeks back. Complained to the flight attendant because she asked him to move into his allocated seat and he order wine ..... at 7am in the morning.

I sat beside a lad on the flight to LCY last Sunday night who was absolutely hammered and whose phone background was a very visible swastika. Also had swastikas tattooed on his hands. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Wrex wrote: »
    A complete idiot was late for his Ryanair flight to Amsterdam, and managed to make it outside on the the taxi way, and ran to the plane!.............

So, in Dublin Airport A complete idiot can get past everyone and on to a taxiway ? Lucky he wasn't a terrorist

dzilla wrote: »
    So he will miss the Mensa convention in Holland?

Still, he managed to get out on the runway

not as much effort put in as this one though :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

Just saw what this clown got up to outside court on the news. Good grief, talk about doubling down on your stupidity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

john boye wrote: »
    Just saw what this clown got up to outside court on the news. Good grief, talk about doubling down on your stupidity.

Anne frank House and Van Gogh tickets gone to waste thats the real crime here.

• Advertisement

gctest50 wrote: »
    So, in Dublin Airport A complete idiot can get past everyone and on to a taxiway ? Lucky he wasn't a terrorist

He went out a fire exit. Which must be openable by punters lest there be a severe fire. He had passed security, so there would have had to be a lapse there for him to be carrying anything more threatening than is purchasable in duty free; a broken bottle or a 'flamethrower' of a can of Lynx and a lighter maybe.

A severe fire has actually happened - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%BCsseldorf_Airport_fire . Aer Rianta later bought half of that airport as it happens.

Advertisement