Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was the last time you cried?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Haven't cried in years and then 2 years ago I had to get my dog put to sleep and have to say it broke my heart and even on his anniversary it still gets me :(

Then last week on my grandmothers anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Sunday night. I'd horsed down some fairly expensive sea food and about three bottles of more expensive wine from the "finest" section in Tescos alcohol isle.
    It was supposed to be a treat, but before I could even get properly lopsided, my guts started churning and a veritable fire hydrant accident of brown chunks were spewed forth made the ground look like the side of an Indonesian mountain during monsoon season.

I took one look and just broke down. All that money on the ground and I never even got to piss it up against the side of my mates car..
    It was awful, It was the burning indignation of it all that brought me to tears. The sea food I could tolerate losing, but not the vino... Suffice it to say, I would not be done in like this.
    Motivated by the kind of rage that can only be brought on by such a needless waste of my money, I made the 15 minute wobble to Mc Donald's, robbed a straw, returned and made damn sure my mates car got it's shower that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

2years ago, when my son turned 4 years old,he got diagnosed with one of the worst mental health disorders under the mental health act.
    When I was told that by the time he reaches his mid thirties that he would hopefully be mentally the same as a 5/6year old...
    Something died inside me that day...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Last year during finals week came home to have dinner after long days work, went to get laptop to do some more work but noticed it wasnt in my bag, initially I didn't worry and was just annoyed I had left it back in college.Rang my friend to check my desk and see if it was there. He said it wasn't there, panic set in then..had to very quickly retrace my entire day and go on a mad goose chase off racing around my college on my bike and local park and cafe trying desperately to locate where I might have left it

All of my project work, everything I needed to pass my exams and submit my portfolio were on it, a long years work

Nowhere to be found, all my friends racing around campus trying to help me find it, basically close to tears as I had to accept now it had been stolen by some cnut and Id need to repeat the year

Phoned home in last ditch effort to see if it might be anywhere in the house Id missed, brother picks up 'ah sorry I borrowed your laptop from your bag there an hour ago to print off my boarding pass,forgot to tell you, sorry!'

Burst into tears out of sheer relief and exhaustion and tiredness from so much study and work and so little sleep the last few days, cried for about ten minutes more just to get it out of my system :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Today ... I've a friend on life support in hospital, just waiting for the text from his partner when they turn it off. It's a horrible situation, they've a one year old girl, and the mother lost a previous partner in almost identical circumstances. Life can be so unfair.

Before that ... god, probably 3-4 weeks ago, very good going for me! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Films, tv or books never make me cry but music does it pretty often. Not just sad music either. More often than not it's something that's so good I cry with happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Joy or sadness?

At 700 euro a year for absolutely nothing I’m going to go with overwhelming sadness

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Yesterday I passed a horse that was in a bad way after what looked like a fall in a part of north Dublin. He was attached to one of those horrible sulky carts with 4 or 5 men standing around him. In fairness it looked like one of them was rubbing his head. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as I imagined but I was crying thinking of the horrible life he has or had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

When Limerick won the All Ireland, I was a blubbering mess, tears of joy and relief though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

I feel nothing when i see all of the horrible things happening all over the world being shown on the news.. and choke up like a baby when I see something like an ad where the dad is proud of his son for scoring a goal..

• Advertisement

Yesterday, Dublin airport.
    firstly landside saying goodbye to family, then airside saying goodbye to boyfriend before we took different flights to different countries!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

30 minutes ago.

Was checking in online for our first family holiday away when we noticed our son's passport is expired. No time to get a new one. Disaster! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Morpork wrote: »
    30 minutes ago.

Was checking in online for our first family holiday away when we noticed our son's passport is expired. No time to get a new one. Disaster! :(

Make him watch Home Alone a few times and then sneak off without him. Be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Morpork wrote: »
    30 minutes ago.

oh no :(

is there anything at all you can do? that's terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Make him watch Home Alone a few times and then sneak off without him. Be grand!

Don't show him the old man rescuing Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Hadn't cried in years until this year.
    Two of my best lifelong friends died, one in January and the other in July, aged 31 & 32 and another now has cancer.
    2018 has been a horrible year!

31 Yr old died while walking home from the pub and slipped on a gate and got himself impaled and 32 Yr old got herself into drugs and died from an OD.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

ZX7R wrote: »
    2years ago, when my son turned 4 years old,he got diagnosed with one of the worst mental health disorders under the mental health act.
    When I was told that by the time he reaches his mid thirties that he would hopefully be mentally the same as a 5/6year old...
    Something died inside me that day...

Jesus..must be hard.wishing you all the luck in the world.x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Joy or sadness?

No joy mate. I love her and hate that I have hurt her v badly. No joy when I look at my little kids and wonder what the future holds when I move out..or how we’re even going to tell them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    Jesus..must be hard.wishing you all the luck in the world.x

Thank you.
    You just have to live with it.
    He has a twin sister she is healthy,can get difficult for her, not easy to explain to the poor child why her brother is so different and why he is also treated differently

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

wexie wrote: »
    oh no :(

is there anything at all you can do? that's terrible

Unfortunately not. It's our own fault for not checking it earlier.
    Currently planning a trip around Ireland or maybe take the boat over to Scotland.
    We booked the time off so might as well. Luckily we can get some of the money back for the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Two weeks ago when I moved away from home for the first time. Not sure what exactly it was that made me cry, maybe overwhelmed with the thought of living on my own in a different country, or maybe I was just emotional because I had been up all of the night before. Either way, I had a good cry that day

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

A good while ago. I think I was 15 or 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

This time last year when my 23 year old relationship ended. It was a very difficult time and I did a lot of crying. Now I’m so relieved I’m no longer living a lie and slowly but surely life is worth living again.
    I did cry this morning though because there was a man being interviewed on television and his son killed himself at school in a locked bathroom because he was being bullied. His sister found him and his dad was crying as he told the story. I thought it was absolutely heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Dog dying here too.

Lovable old bastard he was, still miss him sorely.

This always makes me think of him.

Just now after watching that ! - Jesus it's tough!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

During my last serious alcohol relapse about 7 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Last year, our two dogs were poisoned. Took both of them to the vet, one of them survived, and one of them did not. For weeks, even months afterwards, I was a f**king mess at times. 2016 had been brutal, 2017 continued the s**t fest. When the dog who lived walked out of her house, and up to the front door, I walked in a bawling mess-had to ask my brother to put her back into her dog house. (She's still alive, took months but she made a full recovery).

Other than that, started counselling a few weeks back-first meeting I almost lost it. I got teary eyed talking about things, about hardships, and just stuff I'd been through (No abusive childhood, but lots of bullying, feeling like I've made nothing but bad choices, time running out etc). Massive regrets, and just spilled a whole host of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

RobertKK wrote: »
    When I was younger and I would think that one day my parents would die, I thought I would be inconsolable and would cry a lot. But my mother was ill when she died and it felt like a relief, obviously feeling very sad, but I was unable to cry, sad as I would never see her again once buried, but I also felt happy for her that she was released from her ailment.
    When my father died, it was similar and he had always said it was worse for us than it would be for him and I didn't cry when he died either, despite absolutely adoring and loving my parents.
    It made think 'am I cold hearted', I did feel like I should cry but was unable to.

Then stupidly I have cried watching a program, and don't ask me why I cried at the last episode of Lost...it seems so wrong when something far more personal and I was unable to.

Robert; grief comes out when and how IT chooses. Often not when it would destroy us.
    Love is stronger than grief also.

I am too drained with illness to weep openly but the heart aches.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

The other day.
    I saw the clip from "The Queen of Sheba" episode from The Royale Family, where Barbara is brushing her mam's hair, and Nana was saying sorry for being a burden.

The night before my mam died we had a similar conversation. She'd not been well for over a year, and had also lost her sight.
    I'd been out from work, and when I got home, she called me into her room, she needed to use the commode, so I helped her on, and left her to use it, came back in when she'd done, and lifted her back into bed.
    She sat me down and told me she was so sorry for the way she was,and that her son shouldn't see her like this, and sorry for being a burden..
    I told her not to say such things, and then she said she was tired and wanted to go to sleep, she held my hand and told me she loved me, I told her that I loved her, but she said, no son, I love YOU.
    Gave her a kiss goodnight, and never spoke to her again, she died the next morning.
    Watching that clip reduces me to a heap......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sunday, listening to music. Tears of joy and remorse for someone I never met.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Dub Ste wrote: »
    The other day.
    I saw the clip from "The Queen of Sheba" episode from The Royale Family, where Barbara is brushing her mam's hair, and Nana was saying sorry for being a burden.

The night before my mam died we had a similar conversation. She'd not been well for over a year, and had also lost her sight.
    I'd been out from work, and when I got home, she called me into her room, she needed to use the commode, so I helped her on, and left her to use it, came back in when she'd done, and lifted her back into bed.
    She sat me down and told me she was so sorry for the way she was,and that her son shouldn't see her like this, and sorry for being a burden..
    I told her not to say such things, and then she said she was tired and wanted to go to sleep, she held my hand and told me she loved me, I told her that I loved her, but she said, no son, I love YOU.
    Gave her a kiss goodnight, and never spoke to her again, she died the next morning.
    Watching that clip reduces me to a heap......

Reading this.

Advertisement