Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was the last time you cried?

Options
  • 24-09-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭

I can't really remember to be honest.
    I think I might have got a bit teary eyed about a decade ago when I was around 17 but I haven't had any real crying fit for years.
    I wouldn't be into crying about TV programs for example.
    Are you one of these people who cries during TV programs, deaths, at weddings etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When my last dog died a couple of years ago.

I've cried with laughter many times since but that probably doesn't count.

I wouldn't cry over a TV programme, or at a wedding but deaths of loved ones and dear friends certainly cause tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

About 30 minutes ago while watching an old episode of the great British bake off on Netflix.

I am 40 weeks pregnant though so hormones could have something to do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Our daughter was a week old during Christmas 2016. I was giving her a feed in the morning. She started to cough, choke and splutter. It was a combination of being exhausted, the shock and fright that she might choke and feeling like I had been slapped in the face with the responsibility for her life. The thoughts that if anything happened to her that I would never forgive myself, a scary thought and prospect and I lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Dog dying here too.

Lovable old bastard he was, still miss him sorely.

This always makes me think of him.

One of my best friends passed away 5 years ago, got teary for that truth be told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Last Friday night, no reason.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

At my uncles funeral just over a week ago. It takes a lot for me to cry. Also cried when Carrie Fisher died, had a couple of drinks on me though which didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

When I was younger and I would think that one day my parents would die, I thought I would be inconsolable and would cry a lot. But my mother was ill when she died and it felt like a relief, obviously feeling very sad, but I was unable to cry, sad as I would never see her again once buried, but I also felt happy for her that she was released from her ailment.
    When my father died, it was similar and he had always said it was worse for us than it would be for him and I didn't cry when he died either, despite absolutely adoring and loving my parents.
    It made think 'am I cold hearted', I did feel like I should cry but was unable to.

Then stupidly I have cried watching a program, and don't ask me why I cried at the last episode of Lost...it seems so wrong when something far more personal and I was unable to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I caught my foreskin in the zipper of my chinos years ago after having a slash behind a wall while walking home talking to my girlfriend at the time.
    I cried tears if pain , she drunkenly pissed her self laughing at me too .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I think it was the end of Braveheart when I was in my 20's.

Or two weeks ago because of hayfever. Does that count?

• Advertisement

Some random dude on an Internet forum promised a big announcement which got all our hopes up and never followed through on it - haven’t cried so much since that empty safe that took days to open :(

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Last Friday when my wife confirmed our 7 years of marriage is over.

Ouch

Sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Probably 21 years ago when my father was in hospital a couple of years before he died. I was sittting beside him and he was passed out in the hospital bed almost in a coma like state. I was wondering why it wasn't making me cry. I was worrying about this for some reason so I started thinking about the good times I'd had with him in an attempt to deliberately make myself cry. Suddenly it worked and I started bawling.

My sister said "come on and get a can of Coke or something". I thought she was being nice and was going to buy me a drink as a nice gesture. It turned out she didn't want me crying beside my father in case he could hear me and she didn't even buy me a can of Coke, I had to get it myself.

A couple of years later I had the flu and the same sister tried to convince me that me lying on the couch downstairs was making my father sicker. A couple of weeks later he died and it made me wonder if it was something to do with me.

I may possibly have cried around then but I'm not sure. I definitely did cry the time he was in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

My 2 kids stayed with their grandparents for 4 weeks over the summer. It was the hardest thing I've ever gone through.

The night they flew back in to Dublin was an emotional rollercoaster, absolute joy and floods of tears.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Yeah books, tv and films cant make me cry (2 films and 1 game came close). My last time was 9 years ago breaking up with an ex.. It was a mutual breakup and thank glad I was able to cry as it would of hurt her more if I didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

last time for me was over 2 years ago, my best friend was missing for 24 hours, it hit me then that he wasn't coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Last week when I had to tax the car.gets me every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A month ago, my Grandad passed away. A week of tears truth be told between him passing, the funeral, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Pretty regularly to be honest, seeing a therapist to deal with a long repressed abusive childhood. Kinda hard work and not a whole lotta fun :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Twice this year for the first time in years.
    Cancer got the better of the auld fella and the misses miscarried a few months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭KaiserLu

The oul lad was very sick last December and January. Couldn’t really walk, was in serious pain. Had to help him to the toilet, clean his stains etc. Never got upset, just did it.

My wedding was a couple of months ago. He made a full recovery, got up and sang the Responsorial Psalm. All the onion juice in my eyes. I’m tearing up even thinking of it now.

He’s a bollocks but he’s my bollocks. Love him to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

KaiserLu wrote: »
    The oul lad was very sick last December and January. Couldn’t really walk, was in serious pain. Had to help him to the toilet, clean his stains etc. Never got upset, just did it.

My wedding was a couple of months ago. He made a full recovery, got up and sang the Responsorial Psalm. All the onion juice in my eyes. I’m tearing up even thinking of it now.

He’s a bollocks but he’s my bollocks. Love him to bits.

That's a nice post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Last night while watching the season finale of
    OITNB. If Taystee doesn't get justice I will burn the world down.

wexie wrote: »
    Pretty regularly to be honest, seeing a therapist to deal with a long repressed abusive childhood. Kinda hard work and not a whole lotta fun :(

Sorry to hear that wexie.

Not to turn this into a social media confessional, but over the last year or so I have often felt on the verge of tears, without ever crying. Have been told it’s sinus, that it’s anxiety, and that it’s me internalising the constant uncertainty of doing a PhD. Hopefully it lifts soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

About five years ago when my uncle died. I didn't get too upset until I found out it was suicide and for some reason that really got to me, knowing how rough his life was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Like a few on here hadnt cried in years . So far so I couldn't even remember....

But 2 years ago after my dog was attacked by a neighbors bull masfiff and she died a few days later ..... she was getting better but all of a sudden went down hill and died ....was very traumatic , having to tell my 8 year old daughter after I had promised her she was going to be ok .

The two of us had a good blubber. To make it worse we had two dogs , both same age (8 years old) and he was also very down .

The house was a mess .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Joy or sadness?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

before the last exam session

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I cry all the time, I hate it, especially when I am raging and trying to express myself but end up bawling like an idiot instead. I cried last night, I had been working all day and trying to look after the kids at same time. It was about 11:30pm and I was still packing orders and had about another hours work to do. It was kind of a tired, frustrated cry.

Advertisement