Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I don't have a slow cooker , I do it the old fashioned way :o
    Light the cooker (Stanley ) put my stew on it , bring it to a boil the move it to the side and let it simmer away all day ! Casseroles , roasts , throw them in oven , would be lost without my cooker :D

I learned, or relearned, that when I had no electricity my first winter here. I had invested in a gas cooker....Now the slow cooker is gathering dust etc as having the gas on low takes the chill off the dwelling. I use it for boiling water etc too and my ESB bill is almost non existent . would never go back to the slow cooker etc

coffee... the cats are super hungry with the cold but it takes me the other way..

graduated to bacon and fried bread and more coffee ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Graces7 wrote: »
    graduated to bacon and fried bread and more coffee ;)

That sounds so so nice , love fried bread ! Tea and toast for me

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    That sounds so so nice , love fried bread ! Tea and toast for me

This is my cold weather diet... comfort food...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Bacon veg potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Veggie burger, extra veggies and mashed potatoes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lasagne and garlic bread .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a spicy bean burger in a blaa with wedges. A glass of Shiraz to drink.

Might have opened an Easter egg :(

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Archeron

A donut that's about four days old. But it's one of the old fashioned jammy sugary ones so it's still edible as the gallon of jam inside has kep it soft.

Autosport wrote: »
    Might have opened an Easter egg :(

:D

I bought a bar of chocolate this afternoon so I won't be tempted to open any :(

Not tonight anyway ..

I bought a bar of chocolate this afternoon so I won't be tempted to open any :(

Not tonight anyway ..

Oohhh what chocolate did we indulge in ;)

Eating Cadburys buttons :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Oohhh what chocolate did we indulge in ;)

Eating Cadburys buttons :D

Stop tempting me Auto :p

A Catch bar , old memories of the Catch it if you can ad !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

A fun size milkybar.
    Nothing fun about it, it’s minuscule. I might as well have had no chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

A fun size milkybar. Nothing fun about it, it’s minuscule. I might as well have had no chocolate.

Hilarious!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lasagne and garlic bread .

Hat tip to the old classic.

Pity there's nowhere to get a decent lasagne here. Homemade always best though.

And garlic bread served out is never garlicy enough for me :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Oh, it's been so long since I cooked a proper meal for myself.

I'm a cupboard item eater, food is functional.

My OH is The Chef, but he never eats my food.
    And he doesn't like eating out.

Tonight will be a mix of things I buy for work lunch, so tuna, potato salad, rocket, peppers, pita bread.

Waiting for iyer's on Saturday.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Hat tip to the old classic.

Pity there's nowhere to get a decent lasagne here. Homemade always best though.

And garlic bread served out is never garlicy enough for me :)

It's seldom I make it now igCorcaigh , but it was lovely , and I agree about the garlic bread !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I step away for a bit and it's all lasagna and choco bars. I love lasagna but hate making it. I love reheating it though when you can find a decent bit. The catch bar......what can I say? Love it!

• Advertisement

Easter egg :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Latte

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Pistachio nuts
    Linda Choco bars
    Tayto
    Garlic bread
    😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I’m after my first attempt at making spinach and ricotta cannelloni and it’s after turning out delish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I love that sense of achievment when you try something new and it turns out great!

Today for dinner I've prepped a tomato sauce using a whole heap of tomatoes a friend grew and dropped over. Added a good bit of fresh basil and the tomatoes to onions garlic and chilli, and a little grated ginger for freshness. Also some dried mixed herbs and a teaspoon of sugar as it was all a little sharp. Stuck it into the blender to make it smooth. Going to reheat it with boiled and diced chicken breast and debating whether to make some fresh pasta or go with shop bought.

Love when I've time to put a bit of love into making the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

js35 wrote: »
    I’m after my first attempt at making spinach and ricotta cannelloni and it’s after turning out delish :)

That sounds so good!

I missed the Sunday dinner so its chips, rice and curry sauce!

Sirloin steak (in the air fryer) mash, mixed veg and pepper sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Took the crew out for lunch yesterday so herself roasted the beef we were going to have yesterday today.

Dammit man I married a great cook, mash, roast pops, peas and gravy along with a nice glass or two of red each then a wedge of Viennetta and now on the Clontarf and ginger with ice. And on it we shall stay at a euro a pop from Aldi.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Took the crew out for lunch yesterday so herself roasted the beef we were going to have yesterday today.

Dammit man I married a great cook, mash, roast pops, peas and gravy along with a nice glass or two of red each then a wedge of Viennetta and now on the Clontarf and ginger with ice. And on it we shall stay at a euro a pop from Aldi.

Have you any idea how good that sounds???? Read it again and again and let me know.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Have you any idea how good that sounds???? Read it again and again and let me know.:D

I was going to add "take me now Lord".

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement