Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Have managed to nominate myself as the chef for a family dinner this weekend.
    SO ive a quick question for you all !!
    Is there a chicken big enough for 6 adults that fits in a standard kitchen oven?
    i normally just cook for myself so its gonna prove a challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Coffee, I've s feeling they'll be lots more coffee today 😴

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Have managed to nominate myself as the chef for a family dinner this weekend.
    SO ive a quick question for you all !!
    Is there a chicken big enough for 6 adults that fits in a standard kitchen oven?
    i normally just cook for myself so its gonna prove a challenge

A standard large chicken should do six for one sitting when accompanied by a couple of veg and potatoes/roasties etc.

VW 1 wrote: »
    A standard large chicken should do six for one sitting when accompanied by a couple of veg and potatoes/roasties etc.

or throw an extra couple of eg legs in to be sure..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Pickled gherkins.

I says wrote: »
    Pickled gherkins.

Home made chicken soup from y';day and a hardboiled egg .. meal times no longer exist here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Lasagna

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Cheers for the advice guys!
    Someone suggested 2x spatchcock will cook together.
    It's a bit of an expense but I'll just have to do it all the once!

I live alone and have demolished an entire chicken within 24 hours before, they go with anything nd are easy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Chicken broth, tiger loaf and a blueberry muffin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Burgers are made and chips are cut. All I need now is for my dinner date to arrive, so I can start cooking them - starving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Dominion Dairy Toffees and a banana and a glass of Baron Saint Jean.

Of a Wednesday.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Dominion Dairy Toffees and a banana and a glass of Baron Saint Jean.

Of a Wednesday.

Sure why not.

Grabbing a bottle of Peroni from the fridge. Making mash, peas, meatballs and pepper sauce for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Burgers are made and chips are cut. All I need now is for my dinner date to arrive, so I can start cooking them - starving!!

I'm on the way :D

Hot white chocolate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

i dont know about you, but after a meal like that, what i could use is a nice piece of ass.

Nice hearty beef stew with heaps of soup mix cooked in the slow cooker all day.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Nice hearty beef stew with heaps of soup mix cooked in the slow cooker all day.

A slow cooker is my next purchase. The Air Fryer is doing its job too. Getting easier in the kitchen.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Smoked Paprika beef burgers with red pepper, red onion and cheese on top . With chips

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Coffee :D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A slow cooker is my next purchase. The Air Fryer is doing its job too. Getting easier in the kitchen.:D

I have an air fryer too, very handy for all sorts of foods. The slow cooker is great, great recipes available on the thread in here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I recently got one myself. Beef is absolutely amazing out of it, falls apart.

Eating my new favourite crisps, Tayto Treble Crunch. Feck all in a bag though :(

I don't have a slow cooker , I do it the old fashioned way :o
    Light the cooker (Stanley ) put my stew on it , bring it to a boil the move it to the side and let it simmer away all day ! Casseroles , roasts , throw them in oven , would be lost without my cooker :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I don't have a slow cooker , I do it the d fashioned way :o
    Light the cooker (Stanley ) put my stew on it , bring it to a boil the move it to the side and let it simmer away all day ! Casseroles , roasts , throw them in oven , would be lost without my cooker :D

I'm the same Mam but without the Stanley. - Waterford's best! But time wise I really need to get something going that doesn't require me checking or standing over stuff. Today I did meat balls. My usual method is fry on the pan or roast in the oven. Both require constant attention in some way. But today, I banged them in the AIR FRYER :D for 14 mins and done to perfection. During that 14 mins I had time to tell a boss of sorts to piss off via email without ruining dinner and post on boards.:D Woo Hoo!

The Stanley is a multi purpose wonder. Never had one, but always wanted one. A slow cooker and air fryer can't heat a house too.

I'm the same Mam but without the Stanley. - Waterford's best! But time wise I really need to get something going that doesn't require me checking or standing over stuff. Today I did meat balls. My usual method is fry on the pan or roast in the oven. Both require constant attention in some way. But today, I banged them in the AIR FRYER :D for 14 mins and done to perfection. During that 14 mins I had time to tell a boss of sorts to piss off via email without ruining dinner and post on boards.:D Woo Hoo!

The Stanley is a multi purpose wonder. Never had one, but always wanted one. A slow cooker and air fryer can't heat a house too.

Ah the air fryers are so handy alright G , I didn't mean it to sound as if I was knocking them , I'm not !!

I love my cooker , and believe it or not , (or maybe it's just me ) but when you're baking , it tastes better from the cooker than if I done it in the electric oven , crazy !

And as you say , it heats the house and the water , and I'm a cold creature :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah the air fryers are so handy alright G , I didn't mean it to sound as if I was knocking them , I'm not !!

I love my cooker , and believe it or not , (or maybe it's just me ) but when you're baking , it tastes better from the cooker than if I done it in the electric oven , crazy !

And as you say , it heats the house and the water , and I'm a cold creature :D

If I could have a Stanley, I would. A big range cooking and heating. Even keeps a stewed pot of Tea on the go all day. A great yoke. But I'm in electric land, so its gadgets all the way for me.

I'd love a gas hob though. A great way to cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Cheese toastie

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Cheese toastie

Yum ! Love a cheese toastie pure comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Tea and a slice of apple tart

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Ham & cheese sandwich

• Advertisement

If I could have a Stanley, I would. A big range cooking and heating. Even keeps a stewed pot of Tea on the go all day. A great yoke. But I'm in electric land, so its gadgets all the way for me.

I'd love a gas hob though. A great way to cook.

I bought a slow cooker in Aldi last year, 20e and its fab. I put a 6e ham fillet from Tesco into it at 7.30 am yesterday on the low setting (I use a can of coke also no water), I came home around 4pm and it was perfect, I strained the coke and put half in my carrots/parsnips and half into my turnip, also had a huge pot of spuds, made my own parsley sauce.. Had my gang and my parents for dinner and it was nicer than you'd get in a restaurant, plates was all emptied.. Dessert was Bramley apple pies and Aldi custard,some wine was also consumed.. Can't beat an old fashioned dinner in this weather. ðŸ˜

Advertisement