Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infringement on freedom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wants free speech, doesn't want to be disagreed with. Classic.

🤪

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

Which is as it should be. Those of us with the right opinion bear the responsibility of enlightening and correcting the rest of you.
    I think your problem @OP, is that you too often have the wrong opinion, and so it feels to you as though you are being shouted down. In truth, you are being helped to improve your views.

I fully conced if these "better" opinions are supported by factual evidence such as medical ward experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Pretzeluck wrote: »
    They should be fined or closed down for going against the principles of freedom of speech. I'd definitely vouch for that and financially support such an action.

Ohhhhh

He’s invoking the lawyer clause. Bye now. Ban hammer and prison time await

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You support paedophilia?

Doesn't matter whether he does or not, cos now YOU do. It's on your website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

What kind of a "free" country this is? Where you get shut down for stating your opinions. Pathetic. I guess the little sheeplets are happy shouting you down with illogical nonsense but they're right because they scream louder not because they use facts. It's stupid to call yourself a free country if you're going to put people in prison for saying the wrong thing or ban people in this forum. Just like gestapo would do if you've said something that you've disagreed with.
    I'm not posting this in feedback as this is a general attitude in this in this country and in the UK where a man was convicted for making his dog do a Nazi salute. You'll get mod warnings on any controversial thread to make sure you do not write a "wrong" opinion.
    There is no freedom of speech and democracy is an illusion to control sheep who think they have any power. I've noticed in this forum, members would shout you down with stupid, nonsensical posts and most seem to agree because they shout louder even though they have absolutely no evidence to back up their claims.
    Who needs logic when you can just shout someone down and believe in your own delusion without having to back it up with any evidence.
    Brainless "where you at?" and "what did you eat?" are the hottest topics obviously and when someone posts something different they get shouted down because they have a wrong or different opinion from someone else.

You lost me at sheeplets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What kind of a "police state" is this? Where you get shut down for stating your opinions. Pathetic. I guess the little sheeplets are happy shouting you down with illogical nonsense but they're right because they scream louder not because they use facts. It's stupid to call yourself a free country if you're going to put people in prison for saying the wrong thing or ban people in this forum. Just like gestapo would do if you've said something that you've disagreed with.
    I'm not posting this in feedback as this is a general attitude in this in this country and in the UK where a man was convicted for making his dog do a LGBT salute. You'll get mod warnings on any controversial thread to make sure you do not write a "wrong" opinion.
    There is no freedom of speech and democracy is an illusion to control sheep who think they have any power. I've noticed in this forum, members would shout you down with stupid, nonsensical posts and most seem to agree because they shout louder even though they have absolutely no evidence to back up their claims.
    Who needs logic when you can just shout someone down and believe in your own delusion without having to back it up with any evidence.
    Brainless "where you at?" and "what did you eat?" are the hottest topics obviously and when someone posts something different they get shouted down because they have a wrong or different opinion from someone else.
    Interesting opinion you have there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I present a possible timeline:

*OP sets up TOTALFREESPEECHZONE.COM 'Where sppeech is really FREE'*

*1/1000000 of a femto second later it is flooded with posts calling him a moron (also some nazi stuff probably)*

*OP gets angry and starts banning and blocking trolls and haters*

*FREE SPPEECCH DIES*

Time Elapsed: 4 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The Buddha sat on a rock and meditated. After 7 days and 7 nights the air began to speak. 'There's no free speech in this country' was it's prophecy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CountingR

What kind of a "free" country this is? Where you get shut down for stating your opinions. Pathetic. I guess the little sheeplets are happy shouting you down with illogical nonsense but they're right because they scream louder not because they use facts. It's stupid to call yourself a free country if you're going to put people in prison for saying the wrong thing or ban people in this forum. Just like gestapo would do if you've said something that you've disagreed with.
    I'm not posting this in feedback as this is a general attitude in this in this country and in the UK where a man was convicted for making his dog...

BREAKING NEWS from ‘The Sun’ (probably):

Man arrested for in-‘dog’-trinating ca-‘nein’ with Nazi ‘pup’-aganda

Pup ‘goebbels’ up disturbing ‘dog’ma

Doesn't matter whether he does or not, cos now YOU do. It's on your website.

That is one of the stupidest things that I've read today. So if my friend shoots someone inside my house then I'm going to prison with him because it's happened in my house even though I had nothing to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Was that my point? Is that what I've said? So you agree that you do not have any freedom of speech?

You clearly have never understood what 'freedom of speech' means in the first place.

B0jangles wrote: »
    I present a possible timeline:

*OP sets up TOTALFREESPEECHZONE.COM 'Where sppeech is really FREE'*

*1/1000000 of a femto second later it is flooded with posts calling him a moron (also some nazi stuff probably)*

*OP gets angry and starts banning and blocking trolls and haters*

*FREE SPPEECCH DIES*

Time Elapsed: 4 minutes

We have a charlatan here.

McGaggs wrote: »
    You clearly have never understood what 'freedom of speech' means in the first place.

USA example is the best example.

They should be fined or closed down for going against the principles of freedom of speech. I'd definitely vouch for that and financially support such an action.

Just checked our Constitution, there's no freedom of speech in there.

Were you confused by the referendum we had recently on repealing the 8th amendment? Wondering why we wanted to get rid of a ban on cruel and unusual punishment?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So move there. All the best now.

If we're going to get all foreign, why don't you reference Russia's anti gay propaganda laws?

So move there. All the best now.

Should Hitler have moved to Italy instead of try changing his home country? Ridiculous logic.

If we're going to get all foreign, why don't you reference Russia's anti gay propaganda laws?

Why are we speaking English which is foreign? Why do we have democracy if its foreign since we are not allowed to use anything invented by other countries.
    Why do we import foreign food? Electronics from Japan and China? Why are we going international?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Should Hitler have moved to Italy instead of try changing his home country? Ridiculous logic.

So you're Hitler?

So you're Hitler?

No, but why hitler didn't move to Italy which was fascist first instead of trying to change his home country? Why?! Answer me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

No, but why hitler didn't move to Italy which was fascist first instead of trying to change his home country? Why?! Answer me!!!

Mamma Mia! Get a load of this 'snowflake' lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I did, sheep cannot open their eyes.

They can. I think you underestimate the intelligence of sheep. Which is fair enough, most people do.

It's not an accurate opinion though but most people blindly accept it.

dav3 wrote: »
    Mamma Mia! Get a load of this 'snowflake' lads.

Yes, nazis were snowflakes, obviously. Continue please, I need more material.

They can. I think you underestimate the intelligence of sheep. Which is fair enough, most people do.

It's not an accurate opinion though but most people blindly accept it.

This has nothing to do with intelligence. It's about being herded and accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Wow, we've hit Godwin's Law after only 48 posts? That has to be a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So you're a Nazi?

Look, it's a nice morning, why don't you go for a walk down to the shop, get yourself a Yop, and calm down.

It's too nice to be that worked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Does the US not also have privately-owned websites which operate their own moderation policy?

(I'll give you a hint: it does, and they do)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

The nazis were/are the biggest snowflakes in history.

Shouldn't you be heading of to mass soon?

Why are we speaking English which is foreign? Why do we have democracy if its foreign since we are not allowed to use anything invented by other countries.
    Why do we import foreign food? Electronics from Japan and China? Why are we going international?

Your opening post was about how you don't feel that Boards is allowing you your incorrect interpretation of a right under a foreign constitution. Why wouldn't I then ask what other foreign laws you would like to see on boards?

• Advertisement

Why didn't he try to change Austria?

Advertisement