Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infringement on freedom

Options
  • 23-09-2018 7:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭

What kind of a "free" country this is? Where you get shut down for stating your opinions. Pathetic. I guess the little sheeplets are happy shouting you down with illogical nonsense but they're right because they scream louder not because they use facts. It's stupid to call yourself a free country if you're going to put people in prison for saying the wrong thing or ban people in this forum. Just like gestapo would do if you've said something that you've disagreed with.
    I'm not posting this in feedback as this is a general attitude in this in this country and in the UK where a man was convicted for making his dog do a Nazi salute. You'll get mod warnings on any controversial thread to make sure you do not write a "wrong" opinion.
    There is no freedom of speech and democracy is an illusion to control sheep who think they have any power. I've noticed in this forum, members would shout you down with stupid, nonsensical posts and most seem to agree because they shout louder even though they have absolutely no evidence to back up their claims.
    Who needs logic when you can just shout someone down and believe in your own delusion without having to back it up with any evidence.
    Brainless "where you at?" and "what did you eat?" are the hottest topics obviously and when someone posts something different they get shouted down because they have a wrong or different opinion from someone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You should think about setting up your own website, where you will be very free to publish all your opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

OP would you have any evidence to back up your opinion?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

You should think about setting up your own website, where you will be very free to publish all your opinions

Was that my point? Is that what I've said? So you agree that you do not have any freedom of speech?

OP would you have any evidence to back up your opinion?

You haven't read my post then. Mod warnings prohibiting "wrong" opinions and convictions for saying wrong things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Pretzeluck wrote: »
    Was that my point? Is that what I've said? So you agree that you do not have any freedom of speech?

I have a great deal with Vodafone where I pay per word. Works out at about €5 a year. So it’s not free but it’s not overly expensive

You haven't read my post then. Mod warnings prohibiting "wrong" opinions and convictions for saying wrong things.

So no evidence is what you're saying..as long as we're clear on that

So no evidence is what you're saying..as long as we're clear on that

No it's not what I'm saying.
    Cathy Newman clone
    So you're saying
    So you're saying
    So you're saying

Showing your intelligence here
    And just like Cathy Newman, I'm sure you believe in your own delusions until someone give you a wake up call.

I agree that you don't have unlimited freedom of speech on this website. So the obvious solution is to set up own website.

And by the way. I expect you to publish MY most disagreeable and controversial opinions on YOUR website, because your refusal to do so would oppress my freedom of speech. OK?

I agree that you don't have unlimited freedom of speech on this website. So the obvious solution is to set up own website.

And by the way. I expect you to publish MY most disagreeable and controversial opinions on YOUR website, because your refusal to do so would oppress my freedom of speech. OK?

Absolutely yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Did you get turned down by every girl in Coppers last night OP?

Absolutely yes

Great - where should I send my pro-paedophilia opinions for you to publish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Cathy Newman clone
    So you're saying
    So you're saying
    So you're saying

And just like Cathy Newman, I'm sure you believe in your own delusions until someone give you a wake up call.

Come on, give us the wake up call. Show the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Not cool man. Even as a joke.

Cathy Newman clone
    So you're saying
    So you're saying
    So you're saying

May I have a wake-up call please..for 9.30... you'll most likely be gone by then

You support paedophilia?

Come on, give us the wake up call. Show the evidence.

I did, sheep cannot open their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Seems like you are still under the influence of those drugs you took last night. Have you even slept yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

This is a private website owned by distilled media or whatever it’s called now. If they want to delete this actual post they’ve every right to do so.

This is a private website owned by distilled media or whatever it’s called now. If they want to delete this actual post they’ve every right to do so.

That doesn’t suit the ‘my freedoms’ brigade. Although they seem to be all talk and no action and won’t set up their own websites. Probably too lazy. Armchair freedom fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What kind of a "free" country this is? Where you get shut down for stating your opinions. Pathetic. I guess the little sheeplets are happy shouting you down with illogical nonsense but they're right because they scream louder not because they use facts. It's stupid to call yourself a free country if you're going to put people in prison for saying the wrong thing or ban people in this forum. Just like gestapo would do if you've said something that you've disagreed with.
    I'm not posting this in feedback as this is a general attitude in this in this country and in the UK where a man was convicted for making his dog do a Nazi salute. You'll get mod warnings on any controversial thread to make sure you do not write a "wrong" opinion.
    There is no freedom of speech and democracy is an illusion to control sheep who think they have any power. I've noticed in this forum, members would shout you down with stupid, nonsensical posts and most seem to agree because they shout louder even though they have absolutely no evidence to back up their claims.
    Who needs logic when you can just shout someone down and believe in your own delusion without having to back it up with any evidence.
    Brainless "where you at?" and "what did you eat?" are the hottest topics obviously and when someone posts something different they get shouted down because they have a wrong or different opinion from someone else.

You're right but your fighting a losing battle. I already see you've got a lot of the stock boards bore replies at you.

Patww79 wrote: »
    You're right but your fighting a losing battle. I already see you've got a lot of the stock boards bore replies at you.

Have you set up your own forum yet to allow completely free speech and where you’ll ban nobody ever regardless of what they say?

They should be fined or closed down for going against the principles of freedom of speech. I'd definitely vouch for that and financially support such an action.

The boards intelligentsia meet up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Have you set up your own forum yet to allow completely free speech and where you’ll ban nobody ever regardless of what they say?

It's not that black and white. Everyone knows you must have the 'right' opinion here or your at nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's not that black and white. Everyone knows you must have the 'right' opinion here or your at nothing.
    Boards' game, Boards' rules.

Start your own game.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Boards' game, Boards' rules.

Start your own game.

It's not allowed to kill humans in this country but if I set up a private enterprise, I can avoid the laws and slaughter human because my private rules allow it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's not allowed to kill humans in this country but if I set up a private enterprise, I can avoid the laws and slaughter human because my private rules allow it?
    What? :confused:

What goes on here has nothing to do with you setting up your own forum. Come on. We can’t wait to see it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Which is as it should be. Those of us with the right opinion bear the responsibility of enlightening and correcting the rest of you.
    I think your problem @OP, is that you too often have the wrong opinion, and so it feels to you as though you are being shouted down. In truth, you are being helped to improve your views.

Advertisement