Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising Time on RTE Radio 1

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Sheelagh Dempsey sounded to be panicking and was very out of breath opening the show and introducing to the news room just now at 6am, it was very strange to hear.

she acknowledged this after, but I wonder what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Getting very strong ‘We’re Sending Our Love Down The Well’ vibes from this Michael English song!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Where has Shay Byrne been for the last wo weeks? I kind of remember he was on holiday not too far back in Summer perhaps? How much holiday time does he get a year?

I often wonder about the part timers in RTE as to what they get up to after their show. Does Shay finish his day work at 9AM? 1One and a half hours work a day with RTE? What does he do every day after that? Same with Ronan Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

The part time thing would suit Ronan if its true he has had a couple of health issues so an easy enoughwork day would suit .No idea how Shay passes his time he must earn a few quid somewhere hardly enough MC jobs he does here and there .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Shay has been on leave the past two weeks. He will be back tomorrow. I think he said that he had leave to use by year end or else he would lose it.

Shay seems to be involved in the country music scene also. I think he presents or has some involvement with a ountry music show on one of the satellite channels, but I have no idea which one.

I vaguely remember him saying before that he leaves RTE around lunchtime each day, so in that case he could easily clock up 8 hours in the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭GSF

Wasn't he warm up man for the old Winning Streak show? Don't know if he did warm up for any other live shows

I think so. I know that he used to announce what prizes the contestants had won but then I think was replaced by Lottie Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would often listen to Rising Time on my early morning commute, and actually enjoyed Shay B despite his cheesiness.

And Lillian has a great voice for radio, but recently I have found myself tuning out if she is on, as her music choice is simply far too gentle/laid back/slow.

I know at that time of the morning you aren't expecting to hear ACDC or uptempo stuff, but jez it's all very generic mellow stuff.

Change it up a bit Lillian, I don't want to doze off on my drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

I’ll have you know sit

I’ll have you know sir there’s never a time that isn’t appropriate for some AC/DC! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Shay Byrne is in what used to be Ryan Tubridy's slot for the first few weeks of January 2024.

• Advertisement

Trying to find a fit for the show/slot?

The 3 used so far aren't cutting the mustard.

There is an interview with Kevin Backurst on Indo.ie and apparently the replacement has been decided upon and will be revealed in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Shay does a mighty job on rising time and might be the man for the 9 o clock show

Listening to Shay this morning was like Groundhog Day. At 6.15 this morning he spent 5 minutes or so reviewing the newspapers. He seemed to be unaware that they were yesterday's papers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭GSF

well Lilian on Tuesday only did about 30 seconds on the papers ( does she get the full newspaper in the cork studio or just the front pages via email? ). Maybe Shay felt she hadn’t done them in enough detail!

Very different styles and music choices between Lilian and Shay. Lilian is very brief whereas Shay is overly verbose at times

Lillians music choice would put you to sleep.

I had to stop listening to her on my early morning commute for fear of putting the car in the ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I got tired of Lillian ramming it down our throats that she was broadcasting from Cork!

Advertisement