Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Itinerant community in close proximity to Rathcoole Village

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Okay, two minutes to tell us why we should like criminal Travellers who beat women, abuse animals and give their children zero ambition or work ethic.

Everyone - go.

same applies to all criminals. ie who likes them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Paulzx wrote: »
    Travellers make up only 0.6% of the population yet they make up 15% of the male prison population and 22% of the female prison population.

That doesn't include convictions that don't result in a prison stay.

if you treat folk like dirt there does tend to be a reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Great news for the ladies.

Mickey-ONeil-Snatch-Brad-Pitt-c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭MFPM

rovertom wrote: »
    That is an astonishing figure.
    Assuming the justice system gives them fair play, it would appear a traveller is 30 times more likely to be a prisoner than a non traveller.
    Seems about right when I think about it.
    it would appear a traveller is 30 times more likely to be a prisoner than a non traveller.

Why do you think that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

MFPM wrote: »
    Indeed and the stats will also show that there is a higher rate of convictions of people in Dublin 1 than those in Dublin 4 so what's your point?

Would you/do you live in close proximity to a traveller camp?

• Advertisement

Seems like an incredible amount doesn't it?

If it goes much higher they'll need a Colin Kapernick type to take a knee before every fist fight and sulky race to draw attention to it.
    Seems like an incredible amount doesn't it?

It's very high indeed, of course the stats are somewhat dubious. It would be interesting to see equivalent stats for poor area or Dublin, Cork Limerick etc and compare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Wibbs wrote: »
    Of course not, however hard statistics show that the Travelling community has a far higher rate of convictions for crimes than the general population*. That's convictions too. How many crimes go unsolved? If Travellers were removed from the stats, crimes against property, particularly in rural areas would go down appreciably. It is complete denial in the face of reason to suggest otherwise.

*and far higher rates of prison time, unemployment, spousal abuse with it.

And child abuse too, I came across a 14 year old traveller a few weeks ago in a barn with a length of rope in his hand, ready to take the jump because he's sick of his aul lad beating him to a pulp every time he does wrong (i.e. act like the child that he is) been out of school since 12 and been beaten senselessly since - with scars to prove.

Then you find him in your neighbors back garden with a mangey dog "just having a look around"

I have no personal hatred toward individual travellers, but I despise their poxy regressive stupid hate filled culture as a whole. It's cyclical, and none of them are going to break that fortified circle they are stuck in.

2nd time I talked a young traveller down now, the 1st had to be cut down with a knife and revived.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Would you/do you live in close proximity to a traveller camp?

Have done, I grew up close to several of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: A lot of people don't like travellers. We get it. But this thread is largely pointless and will go down the exact same road the countless other traveller threads have gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement