Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Congrats to those who got placed. Didn't make the cut myself, but seeing as I've only been an EO for five months I can't say that I'm surprised. Anyone have any idea when the next one might be held?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Congrats to those who got placed. Didn't make the cut myself, but seeing as I've only been an EO for five months I can't say that I'm surprised. Anyone have any idea when the next one might be held?

I think all AO panels are only 1 year so around September/October it will be ran again.

P.S: It says on the booklet that "The panels created from this competition will expire on 31 December 2019."

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SMCG

Anyone from Galway have a place on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Not from Galway, but Galway is one of my choices. Really hoping not to be offered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Where does everyone want location wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Dundalk1927

Forgive my ignorance on this, I had applied for the Civil Service Nationwide AO around the same time and cant remember which competition asked us to select regions. Did we select regions for the Revenue AO competition?

Forgive my ignorance on this, I had applied for the Civil Service Nationwide AO around the same time and cant remember which competition asked us to select regions. Did we select regions for the Revenue AO competition?

We selected locations on our application forms just before interview stage..

Ollie321 wrote: »

We selected locations on our application forms just before interview stage..

I thought we selected location at application stage?... i have too many campaigns going at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Anastasia_

We selected at application for Revenue. No option of selection for CS AO.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

I thought we selected location at application stage?... i have too many campaigns going at this stage.

Yeah it was application stage and I'm the same as you....can't keep all the competitions straight in my head.

• Advertisement

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Yeah it was application stage and I'm the same as you....can't keep all the competitions straight in my head.

My mistake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

Where does everyone want location wise?

Cork... hopefully...

eire1987 wrote: »
    Cork... hopefully...

I chose Limerick Tipp and Cork. Hopefully something will come up there. I wonder when will the calls start. I'm afraid of emailing them to ask!

I chose Limerick Tipp and Cork. Hopefully something will come up there. I wonder when will the calls start. I'm afraid of emailing them to ask!

Im going to email them Thursday if nothing happens.... i give ye an update on what comes out of that....

Westmeath hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Cork also - I replied to the placing email to ask when would offers commence and I received this reply :

Unfortunately I am unable to confirm this. You can however contact panelplacings@revenue.ie in relation to the panel an your currently placing.

Densey12 wrote: »
    Cork also - I replied to the placing email to ask when would offers commence and I received this reply :

Unfortunately I am unable to confirm this. You can however contact panelplacings@revenue.ie in relation to the panel an your currently placing.

Did you email panelplacing? I did but no reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Did you email panelplacing? I did but no reply...

No Ollie I have not! Seeing as it’s a general email and not directly to a person , I don’t foresee there to be a quick response!! Think it’s just a matter of waiting now !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just got the email there to fill out the application form for my attendance of interview.

Be God the application form is meaty!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Phantasos

Batch 2 are being called, it seems.

I feel like I've wasted countless days I'll never get back filling in application forms. So fed up of it.

• Advertisement

Surely if they're calling a Batch 2, they must have jobs for everyone on the current panel and we should hear something soon?

When are the interviews starting for Batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Surely if they're calling a Batch 2, they must have jobs for everyone on the current panel and we should hear something soon?

When are the interviews starting for Batch 2?

They did this for EO but it was because they had filled Dublin only and wanted more for Dublin.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    They did this for EO but it was because they had filled Dublin only and wanted more for Dublin.

I should have applied for Dublin........ :p

Rikand wrote: »
    Just got the email there to fill out the application form for my attendance of interview.

Be God the application form is meaty!

What location are you hoping for?

CZ 453 wrote: »

I agree and if this is the case I'm disgusted. They knew exactly where we applied for, if there were no posts in our chosen locations, they shouldn't have wasted our time. I am sick of forms and competitions and interviews and traveling to Dublin. It doesn't bode well they're already calling batch 2. Why not just run a competition for Dublin AO only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I agree and if this is the case I'm disgusted. They knew exactly where we applied for, if there were no posts in our chosen locations, they shouldn't have wasted our time. I am sick of forms and competitions and interviews and traveling to Dublin. It doesn't bode well they're already calling batch 2. Why not just run a competition for Dublin AO only.

There is a lot of internal movement in Revenue at the moment. You probably see that in your own place. There are retirements and Brexit customs shifts that all need to be sorted as well.

There seems to be a centralization again of employment in both revenue and the civil service and this is evident in the recruitment of AOs.

They seems to be pulling AO's for revenue off the PAS general panel too so I see in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What location are you hoping for?

midlands region - Roscommon, Westmeath and Offaly

Anywhere in those 3 would be great. I think Tullamore would have the biggest Revenue office out of all 3 and would be about a 30/35 minute commute each way for me. Be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Anastasia_

Just got the email for batch 2. Two questions for anyone in the know:

Firstly, is there any point even going if I’m only interested in Cork? Have they gotten onto batch 2 for Revenue AO in Cork before?

Also, do I have a chance of passing the interview with just a law degree and no tax exams done yet? I passed the CS AO by the skin of my teeth :pac:

So sick of being up and down to Dublin :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    midlands region - Roscommon, Westmeath and Offaly

Anywhere in those 3 would be great. I think Tullamore would have the biggest Revenue office out of all 3 and would be about a 30/35 minute commute each way for me. Be grand!

Really? That gives me a bit of hope. If you'd wanted Dublin, batch 2 wouldn't have been a good sign for me. It would have been an indication they only wanted Dublin. I wonder do they even look at people's locations.....

Advertisement