Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good performing teams when in control of a game reflect that condition on the scoreboard

Bad performing teams don’t.

Galway were a bad performing team against Wexford.

Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Avon8

Having Niland standing watching Cooney put 3 frees wide is about as big a managerial red flag as you can encounter. One is probably a 95% taker and the other is streaky to the extreme. Hurling is high scoring but not that muchso. A 3 point handicap is what the bookies had between Limerick and Cork going into Sunday. We drew our game. The Tipp game had 2 in it to start injury time. It's a massive advantage that was given up for what appears to be no reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭cosatron

ita just an observation, i would have niland in at 11 with 2 lads each side of him to do the donkey work and have him on the frees to boot but obviously Henry see's differently. We all know how streaky Conor Cooney, you know from his first shot at goal if his going to have a good game or not and his first shot at goal was a poor wide and continued to have an indifferent game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I thought Niland was coming along nicely in the past couple of years in play. He'll never be a Whelo that wins ball he has no right to but we certainly have other passengers in the starting 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

It's a fair observation and I understand the rationale I just don't think it matters whether C. Cooney is the consistent freetaker or a here and there free taker. I think his conversation rate will be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭sporina

So sad... thinking of all concerned too... including the poor las who swung the hurl.. lord knows how she must be feeling.. a freak accident by all accounts... RIP Kate Moran

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭davidx40

Henry has done nothing as a manager to warrant any big hope .....it was very easy to manage ballyhale to club all Ireland ..... People here in Kilkenny saying what a loss to the county .... but when you think about he's done nothing ....

Minor playing Roscommon this evening.

Connacht Council see fit to charge €10 to stream it.

Seriously though unless your a family member how could you pay that?. It would even he steep enough as admission.

It's €5 to stream to Galway United match.

After the U20s it's important there isn't an early exit again tonight.

Showed how bad Mayo were that they ended up losing to 14 man Sligo.

The weather was bad for the semi final, but it didn't stop people moving the ball through the hands and they seemed incapable of even doing that.

Great start. Poor middle. Fantastic finish. Breeze in the second half. Very natural footballers throughout the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

🤔

• Advertisement

Pity about Fla. Would of liked to have seen him in the cauldron on Sunday. Work horse half forward like should hopefully stand up to Mayo's running game.

David Burke in for Whelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Avon8

Surely Paul Kelly is the exact player you want there though. If he doesn't start for tactical reasons rather than an injury or something there's something very wrong.

Perplexed by some of the choices in the subs also. Sweeney, Fitzgerald, McLaughlin not there while people who have realistically zero chance of game time (given they've not played a minute of proper county action so far) in there. Even the mountbellew lads must be having a laugh at Eoin Finnerty carrying their forward line and clubmate Patrick Kelly gets in ahead of him. And Kelly's one of the better subs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Has to be injuries or knocks. Or maybe the lads ate just tearing it up at training.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

Mayo will be licking their lips with gleeson in goals. They will go to town and put serious pressure on our kickout and expect plenty balls be going out over sideline. That's as weak a bench as I've seen in long while. Expect Paul Kelly will come in for Daly at 11 and possibly Gallagher or mc daid aswell for o laoi or Molloy. Def some shadow boxing from Horan and joyce with teams named and bound be changes pre throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I think Gallagher should be No. 10 on Football.

If Cooney misses a couple of frees it’s time to allow Niland take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jimdemp

cant believe Gallagher is not starting. Would this be a fake team?

Wexford showing here why they got steamrolled in the League semi.

Galway, Wexford and Dublin playing Tier 2 hurling. Should be an easy Leinster for KK who have been on a similar plain the last few years.

Shows where Galway are at that they threw a lead away to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they struggled against Westmeath and I'd give Laois a punchers chance.

So with Wexford losing, if KK beat Wexford, Galway can make third just by beating W.Meath/Laois and having a better points difference (while losing to both Dub/KK).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Didn't age so well. Galway looked commendably sharp last evening; every attack in the first half in particular seemed to yield a score. Dubs much more physically powerful than WX but not a lot in it hurling-wise. With they and KK to come at home, a Leinster final should be well achievable.

• Advertisement

Traffic very heavy all the way up. Ye would want to be on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

3/4 of the Mayo's live in Galway to earn a crust, God bless them

Galway play as selected. DOC in for Mayo.

This is painful to watch.

Lucky we got a bit of a run at the start.

I'm not seeing any difference with Cian Ward being there, we're still completely clueless.

You get to see every Galway kickout they're taking that long every time.

Slow kickout is always a long kickout and the pressure on Mayo's is as absent as it always was. Let's Mayo get an attack every time you shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭threeball

Silke isn't up to it at IC. Every game I see him in he's getting cleaned. Gives up silly ball. He was our penalty taker and missed most of those too.

"Mayo win the Galway kickout".. yeah that's what happens when you have no plan and boot the ball as far away as you can.

How many years are we watching this crap with our goalies taking an age to place the ball and then having no idea where to kick it?.

It's a disgrace at this point and is going back to even the previous management.

I can't recall seeing any other county so clueless to their restarts and seeing it with us year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I hear a constant whine in the background on the RTE television presentation with Darragh Moloney.

Have they a blimp in the air or something, or maybe some kind of drone.

Very offputting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭Robson99

I think there's an AI in these players but my God they're getting absolutely no help from the line.

• Advertisement

Woooooooooooooooooooooi I love Castlebar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement