Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sesame Street Bert & Ernie not homosexual

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Bert and Ernie are not a gay couple. Ernie may be gay but Bert is definitely not gay. Let's talk about Bert's eyebrows. No self-respecting homosexual would leave a unibrow like that unplucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

As a kid and avid Sesame Street fan I always thought they were friends. Nothing more.

Didn’t hear about the gay theory until a few years ago and thought it was bizarre and almost as if the “gay movement” were looking for an issue to pick a fight over?!

Anyway. Glad it’s cleared up now. We can all move on

What about The Count?

He never seemed to have a girlfriend.

Maybe he was a closet homosexual??

He's TRANSylvanian....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

wakka12 wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/lgbt-turkey-march-3462940-Jun2017/

Ive never seen 'the left' shoot at anyone taking part in any right wing parades or marches

You had to go to a non western muslim country for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Always considered them a kid's show version of the Odd Couple with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. Some of their skits were very well written.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

backspin. wrote: »
    They wouldn't give a sh#t. The right by and large aren't that bothered about homosexuality.

You are right about the left though. They can get themselves in a major strop over things like that.
    There wouldn't be a peep out of the American Christian right? Or the Russian right? They might even have to ban the show as it would be 'gay propaganda'
    Come off it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

"Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets do), they remain puppets and do not have a sexual orientation."

This, anyone who thinks Bert wouldn't take advantage or anyone or anything given half the chance is sorely mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Think of the emotional battery of kermit... poor bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

God im glad!!
    Now i can focus on something more trivial;)

dilallio wrote: »
    What about the 2 lads in Wanderly Wagon then?

What, you mean Judge getting it on with Mr. Crow? Now you're just getting weird! :pac:

• Advertisement

From the age of about 6 I couldn't wait to grow up. I wanted to be an adult and live my own life. Couldn't wait to my own person.

As I sit here as an adult, in my teeny weeny apartment, which costs half of my income, after working 16 hours and commuting for 6 hours since the last time I slept, if I had the chance of giving up sex, booze, and an interest in females bits and not having to read this sh1te day in day out, to go back to being 6 and spending my spare time watching Sesame Street, The Muppets, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and Thomas the Tank Engine and playing with my extensive Lego collection, I'd be 6 again in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

They room together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Jeez people are getting fierce weird. How is this even a thing? Two children's characters ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Is Bigbird going to be transgender next?

Too late;

2LoyU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I always loved Sesame Street and as a kid growing up in the 80s it defined kids tv for me. I had a muppets record that I played endlessly and knew it word for word with sketches from pigs in space, fozzy bear, Groucho and the two old guys in the balcony.

I loved animal and Cookie Monster. Also the diversity with the kids always stuck with me and showed me that people from different backgrounds get along. Which was unbelievable for a kid from tipp who never saw a black person.

Loved beer and Ernie and always laughed at how Ernie got up Bert’s nose. Not once did it cross my mind that two puppets who slept in the same bed were gay. It annoys me that wannabe pseudo psychologists come out with sh1te.

I did like when someone said the channel 4 show “benefits street” was basically Sesame Street with a big bird always talking, people living in bins and the rest trying to learn the alphabet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

paw patrol wrote: »
    A prime example of the gay agenda to push homosexuality into everything.

An attempt to impose gay characters in shows rather than letting it happen organically.
    I don't see the need for character's sexual orientation to come into a story unless it's part of the story...but that won't do for some people.

What is the gay agenda? If this is an attempt to push it then maybe you can tell me what it is exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Think of the emotional battery of kermit... poor bastard.

Kermit had it pretty rough indeed

to-get-ajobinshowbiz-had-to-let-jim-henson-puthisentire-arm-28964873.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I thought I remembered this being clarified by the Sesame Street producers back in the 90's when it was first suggested that they were a couple?

It's amazing the things people can get upset about these days.

Rory28 wrote: »
    What is the gay agenda? If this is an attempt to push it then maybe you can tell me what it is exactly.

I have it in my kitchen at the moment, it's pinned to the door of my fridge. It's reminding me to pick up a carton of milk and some dry cleaning on my may home tonight, and phone my dentist next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,017 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Anyone who wants to assign a sexuality to children's television puppets is a complete ****ing psychopath with an agenda to spin. **** off you cretins and stop trying to sexualise our children from an early age. "normalisation"? **** off.

Without reading the entire thread, I’m 3 pages in and so far all I’ve seen is people working each other into a wax about how someone somewhere might suggest B&E should be gay. Has anyone on this thread argued that they should be gay or is it entirely people arguing in agreement with other and getting upset about snowflakes who don’t seem to exist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I have it in my kitchen at the moment, it's pinned to the door of my fridge. It's reminding me to pick up a carton of milk and some dry cleaning on my may home tonight, and phone my dentist next Tuesday.

Gays get **** done. I must give them that.

topper75 wrote: »
    Gays get **** done. I must give them that.

Yeah, and only the Russian military throw better parades, but FFS don't tell them that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,017 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I’ll take it that nobody actually posted outrage that B&E aren’t gay. The pages of posters getting worked into a lather are actually just edgelords spurred on by the imaginary PC attitude that hasn’t actually been expressed.

The poor divils are under attack. If not actually under attack from others, they’re under attack from the snowflakes in their imagination. Tough life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

What I saw on Twitter was people saying no issue if Bert and Ernie are gay but the "They're just puppets so wouldn't have a sexuality" line doesn't fly when you consider Kermit and Miss Piggy. Not something to get upset about but not an unreasonable observation.
    Maybe it's there and I didn't spot it but I didn't see anyone angered that B and E are not gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    They’re not real people.
    This. I thought the linked article put it so well, it made me laugh:
    they remain puppets and do not have a sexual orientation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

JupiterKid wrote: »
    And everyone knows that Bert is evil.
    Bert was part of OJ's defence team.

the-oj-connection-3.jpg

He was one of Hitler's most trusted aides.

hitler-and-his-favorite-general.jpg

Researchers believe that the second gunman was in fact Bert

jfk-assassination-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Still not convinced, we never see them with women.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Still not convinced, we never see them with women.

Soooooo.... if somebody saw you with kids?

Advertisement