Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sesame Street Bert & Ernie not homosexual

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Phew!!

Thank goodness for that. I was very very worried that Ernie and Bert were going to make impressionable little innocent children think that being gay was, like....normal??!!

And everyone knows that Bert is evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was expecting this thread.

As a kid I always thought they were friends.

Is Bigbird going to be transgender next?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes, and elmo is "non-binary."

Corrupting our sweet precious youth...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It’ll be sad to see Sesame Workshop now bombarded with abuse, threats and by boycotts by homosexual right groups, far left groups and PC snowflakes. Best to just keep shut and let people make up their own minds.

Of course if they said they were gay the far right would do the exact same thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

someone should bake a cake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

They’re not real people.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Fluid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Bernie was partial to a danger ****

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Sky News wrote:
    Rumours have swirled for years that Bert and Ernie might be more than just friends, with the puppets known to sleep in the same double bed at night.

They definitely didn't when I was a youngster. They slept in the same bedroom, but in different beds.

Bert's bed had a capital "B" on the headboard, while Ernie's had a capital "E".

I remember this vividly because when I was four years old, and a Bert and Ernie fan, I went to each of my siblings beds and scrawled their initial on their headboard.

I found out that when an eight year old girl's name starts with "D" having a giant lower case "b" on their headboard is not a welcome addition to their sleeping quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

But they're puppets?

Talking about their sexual orientation is like dancing about architecture.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Arghus wrote: »
    But they're puppets?

And who had body parts up their anus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Arghus wrote: »
    But they're puppets?

Getting fisted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

When I was a kid I always assumed they were brothers. My Saturday morning memories have been ruined forever. Where do I sue? I demand at least 50k for trauma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    They’re not real people.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

They are just a bunch of muppets on a children's TV show why sexualize them at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I used to think they were father and son with Bert (the serious one) being the Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I used to think they were father and son with Bert (the serious one) being the Dad.

I use to think that to..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They are a rap duo from New York called M.O.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Glad there was no messing like that over in Wanderly Wagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    They’re not real people.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bert was known to make nocturnal visits to Oscar's trash can.

Oscar was certifiably insane. Bert took advantage of a vulnerable creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When I grew up we didn't even consider the possibility they were anything other than friends.

Of course in today's sex-fixated society **** like this has to be dragged up and destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What about Noddy and Big Ears?

These men actually shared a bed, not just a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Bosco was non-binary before it was even fashionable !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Morecambe and Wise slept together too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You would wonder.. even if these shows are written for children, they are still written by adults who the subtext must occur to

Anyone who wants to assign a sexuality to children's television puppets is a complete ****ing psychopath with an agenda to spin. **** off you cretins and stop trying to sexualise our children from an early age. "normalisation"? **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

I'm sure this comment will be labelled as being homophobic but I don't care.
    Seeing as it's a ****ing kids program, there is really abosulutely nothing wrong with the producers having to clarify that they aren't gay lovers when it was suggested by a writer they are.

I always assumed they were friends as that is the way they were portrayed in the programme, only someone wanting them to be gay to suit there own agenda would actually assume they were gay.

What about Noddy and Big Ears?

These men actually shared a bed, not just a room.

Not men though were they? They were toys from a children's book.

• Advertisement

I'm sure this comment will be labelled as being homophobic but I don't care.
    Seeing as it's a ****ing kids program, there is really abosulutely nothing wrong with the producers having to clarify that they aren't gay lovers when it was suggested by a writer they are.

I always assumed they were friends as that is the way they were portrayed in the programme, only someone wanting them to be gay to suit there own agenda would actually assume they were gay.

They are felt puppets designed to teach children ABC etc. in a friendly safe way. Anyone upset that they turned out not to be gay is a complete idiot.

Advertisement