Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Hopefully Pettis makes it now so we can have the co-main go ahead too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

McGregor by Sub
    Pettis' team say they're still working on his weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    boom - it's on as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Looks great. The may Mac cut looked a tough one at the same weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

McGregor by Sub
    I was looking forward to seeing Sean O'Malley fight again. Damn shame he's gonna miss out on fighting on such a big card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Khabib looked rough making weight, but he made it thankfully.
    McGregor looked well.
    Aspen Ladd looked well dodge, looks like she was ready to collapse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

<Snip>

Mod:All you had to do was look at his twitter to check or verify..its fake..lets not post this kind of stuff thanks.

D.Q wrote: »
    <Snip>

Mod:All you had to do was look at his twitter to check or verify..its fake..lets not post this kind of stuff thanks.

Apologies. Wasn't trying to mislead. Got a nasty shock myself so posted it as a warning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

D.Q wrote: »
    Apologies. Wasn't trying to mislead. Got a nasty shock myself so posted it as a warning
    Ariel is a pro. He never would have left out the apostrophe in 'Khabib's'.

Pighead wrote: »
    Ariel is a pro. He never would have left out the apostrophe in 'Khabib's'.

The exclamation point stood out. Seemed too enthusiastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

What's the best way to view the fight on BT?

To sign up, its minimum 2 months (€29.99 monthly) and connection fee of €15.

So €75 overall.

Is there a cheaper alternative such as PPV? I'm not looking for streams or PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Esse85 wrote: »
    What's the best way to view the fight on BT?

To sign up, its minimum 2 months (€29.99 monthly) and connection fee of €15.

So €75 overall.

Is there a cheaper alternative such as PPV? I'm not looking for streams or PMs.

I used a VPN on laptop and set location to Germany.

Bought PPV, HD version cost €17, working fine so far. Just hook up laptop to TV with HDMI cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    I used a VPN on laptop and set location to Germany.

Bought PPV, HD version cost €17, working fine so far. Just hook up laptop to TV with HDMI cable.

Where did you get this?

Is it in English? Haha

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Where did you get this?

http://hola.org/

Set to Germany, go to ufc.com and buy PPV.

I had it initially set to USA and almost paid €56.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    http://hola.org/

Set to Germany, go to ufc.com and buy PPV.

I had it initially set to USA and almost paid €56.

Nice one man thanks!! I asked above but its in English ya? Just checking cause Germany part the site.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Nice one man thanks!! I asked above but its in English ya? Just checking cause Germany part the site.

Yup.

You get fight pass free for one week, you just need to sign up and cancel within 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭parc

McGregor by Sub
    Do you have to sign up hola.org to get access to the German version of UFC.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    I was looking forward to seeing Sean O'Malley fight again. Damn shame he's gonna miss out on fighting on such a big card.

Yes well unfortunately he has been using SARMs and just hoped they would not get picked up by usada as they are a fairly novel form of doping. Shame he has got burnt so early in his career but hopefully he will take this lesson on the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Yes well unfortunately he has been using SARMs and just hoped they would not get picked up by usada as they are a fairly novel form of doping. Shame he has got burnt so early in his career but hopefully he will take this lesson on the chin.

That's what it seems like, unless it was a genuinely tainted supplement. I did a lot of research into SARMs a while back while I was looking for supplements. They're not regulated at the moment and are advertised as harmless when they're anything but. The particular SARM that he popped for is basically great for cardio and also helps with both building muscle and getting lean, so it definitely would have been an unfair advantage if he was using it.

It's a shame, I really like him and was very excited to see him fight again. He could be a big draw in the future.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    parc wrote: »
    Do you have to sign up hola.org to get access to the German version of UFC.com?

Google translates automatically converts to English so you can’t tell you’re on a German site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    For what its worth, I have Khabib winning a decision and doing his usual routine. I just have that feeling about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub
    Conor must be getting serious ppv points.

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1048338081357553665?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

That Ferguson money can't be correct? Or else he is getting some PPV points too?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    That Ferguson money can't be correct? Or else he is getting some PPV points too?

Brett from ESPN got the numbers over the phone and said he asked the guy to repeat that one, very strange number altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I see TSN Canada are saying they have 1 million PPV pre-sales already, thats an incredible number.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

McGregor by Sub
    Is the weigh in happening at 1AM on the UFC Youtube channel? No live stream up yet which is unusual, they usually have it primed and streaming long before the actual start of an event O_o

EDIT: Apparently here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVk2gKHKtg

Weirdly doesn't appear on their UFC channel page, had tp find that link from a news article O_o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Is the weigh in happening at 1AM on the UFC Youtube channel? No live stream up yet which is unusual, they usually have it primed and streaming long before the actual start of an event O_o

All links are on the first page of the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

McGregor by Sub
    Axwell wrote: »
    All links are on the first page of the thread..

My bad :o I'll check there next time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Just watching the weigh ins. Is there some kind of rule that the higher up the card you are, the more clothes/props you have to wear out to the scales??

• Advertisement

Tony's from planet Zog

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement