Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underdogs 2018

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

O'Sullivan is in news for all wrong reasons! Wouldn't imagine his club are expecting him to line out for the dogs!

He strikes me as sort of chap who thinks all publicity is good publicity. It is not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Honestly, he seems very down to earth talking to him without the cameras or anything like that. He just wants to get back to where he was in 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think they will get beaten badly tonight, maybe not as bad as last year but think they wont be strong enough to compete

I imagine it's a mayo b team

Honestly, he seems very down to earth talking to him without the cameras or anything like that. He just wants to get back to where he was in 2016

Don't get me wrong. Not getting at him, but do know how media people work. Lets not pretend he is on it for any reason other than his having been in the news and having a good back story.

I wish him all the best and don't think he was calculating cheat.

I do think he might have been better advised keeping the head down and playing away with club rather than being in public spotlight. He wants people to forget what happened not be reminded of it.

Then again I don't like all that pop psychological nonsense these programmes indulge in anyway. They should be judged on their merits as players not because of other issues,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Bonniedog wrote:
    I do think he might have been better advised keeping the head down and playing away with club rather than being in public spotlight. He wants people to forget what happened not be reminded of it.

I don't know if this was touched on in the Underdogs but his club conceded nearly all their County League games at the begining of the summer because they couldn't field a team due to injury and guys moving away.
    He's playing for South Kerry (Divisional Side) tomorrow but other than that he's not been able to get his head down and play club football like you said.

From what I know of the guy he wouldn't be motivated by publicity whatsoever, but like you said perhaps he sees this an an opportunity to clear his name so to speak.

I don't personally see anything wrong with accepting the opportunity (though to play the night before a County Semi Final is bizarre to say the least).

It will be interesting to see how long he plays tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Stephen Husband is expected to line out at half back tonight and he has a Senior Football final for Summerhill v Ratoath in Navan at 3pm tomorrow. I'd imagine he will only play 1st half. Would imagine O Sullivan will do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭dog_pig

seligehgit wrote: »
    I think I've mangled my english.:)

Merely meant to say there was a sympathetic angle put on the fallout.

He was a newbie on the panel (not wanting to rock the boat) and in his naivety failed to consult a dietitian/nutritionist re the make up of a caffeine tablet which was found later to be contaminated.

Same was taken off the market subsequently.

The fallout was very tough for the lad as an amateur sportsperson and his loved ones.

Pretty unfair on the other panel members that he walked onto the team after entering same so late.

Are they still going with the "caffeine pill" line? It was confirmed at the time that the supplement was no such thing.
    In their notes on the case, Sport Ireland also claim “Falcons Labs Oxyburn Pro Superthermotech doesn’t sound like a caffeine supplement and he should have been naturally sceptical of such a supplement”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Brendan O'Sullivan certainly showing best in the early stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Brendan O'Sullivan certainly showing best in the early stages.

Played the full game. South Kerry management will be going mad.

What was the score

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What was the score

3-11 to 8

Its a pretty pointless exercise. Be much better, if they had the money, to play a London or New York selection, and even then they'd get hammered. Let's face it, with one or two exceptions, they are not even of good senior club standard.

Tonight was only slightly less embarrassing than last year.

dobman88 wrote: »
    3-11 to 8

Jesus what an anti climax

They should pit them against the previous years senior club All Ireland champions in Croke Park or something

Clearly not up to the level even with all the fancy training stuff and management. Valerie Mulcahy needs to cheer up a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Bit of a joke calling the ‘Mayo’ team a county team....with the exception of a few players all the Mayo lads were newbies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Bit of a joke calling the ‘Mayo’ team a county team....with the exception of a few players all the Mayo lads were newbies.

And those few that weren't newbies were at Keegan's wedding on Friday so wouldn't exactly have been fresh as daisies either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭rrs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus what an anti climax

They should pit them against the previous years senior club All Ireland champions in Croke Park or something

Clearly not up to the level even with all the fancy training stuff and management. Valerie Mulcahy needs to cheer up a bit

I presume you are joking? Pit them against the All Ireland club champions in Croke Park? Have you seen Corofin play. , their displays the last few years in Croker have been awesome and would beat many county teams.

Stephen Husband is expected to line out at half back tonight and he has a Senior Football final for Summerhill v Ratoath in Navan at 3pm tomorrow. I'd imagine he will only play 1st half. Would imagine O Sullivan will do the same.

Stephen Husband not in the starting 15 for summerhill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

Was there any of last years team called onto county panel or any of this years seem likely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Stephen Husband not in the starting 15 for summerhill

Would he have been all season?

Would he have been all season?

I'm not sure tbh. I'm not from Meath and wouldnt know the clubs. Just here to see the final.

Youd think he would be a starter for his club if he has notions of getting near a county panel which is what underdogs is supposed to be isnt it? Club lads hoping to show they're up to a higher standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭cms88

Will this be the end of it? When you had fellas playing who were playing county championship the following day, how could you expect them to be fully on board?

Maybe playing it earlier in the year might be an idea. Could even play New York before the start of the championship. Eitherway if its to keep going they really need to look at the whole thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

cms88 wrote: »
    Will this be the end of it? When you had fellas playing who were playing county championship the following day, how could you expect them to be fully on board?

Maybe playing it earlier in the year might be an idea. Could even play New York before the start of the championship. Eitherway if its to keep going they really need to look at the whole thing

2 of the Dublin lads Craig Reilly and Aaron Duffy played club championship earlier on Saturday. Duffy played with Round Towers Lusk v Cuala which went to extra time.

Advertisement