Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underdogs 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Must be remembered that the Underdogs didn't beat anybody during the series. I think they lost all their matches whether it was against club sides, the army or UCD. And I'm sure those teams were not at full strength either.

O'Cuanaigh looks like a decent player for them but they don't have much possession to work with and what they do have they are kicking long into a full-forward line that isn't winning anything.

Yeah the Galway lad is their stand out player.

Didn't they beat St. Brigid's by a point?

They were really poor in their other games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

They bet moorefield, I’m not sure how.

I still think they would give most teams a fright

Is the guy from Kilkenny playing

No he didn't start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Dots1982 wrote: »

They bet moorefield, I’m not sure how.

Surprised at that. I thought they lost all their matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

This an annihilation
    10 & 11 look half decent
    As said before, they should be playing a team a lower division in national league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭munster87

They lost to, amongst others, the Kerry intermediate champions, without a number of their starting team, by 6 or 7 points. Then they are expected to play against an intercounty team like this. There may have been a flaw in this idea from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

I don't doubt the effort and commitment of the underdogs throughout the series but the producers have killed the concept by allowing this slaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

I'd say Kilkenny footballers would beat these crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

seligehgit wrote: »
    Their kickpassing is top class.

Especially when contrasted with the Underdogs's kickpassing - the amount of attempted kickpasses that favoured the Dubs is just mind-boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Getting slaughtered by a county team would be one thing, but getting slaughtered by a team of reserve players that bears no resemblance to that counties real first team?

From the strange timing of the match to the choice of opponents, if some producer wanted to kill the concept here then he/she has done a damn fine job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Game on !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Getting slaughtered by a county team would be one thing, but getting slaughtered by a team of reserve players that bears no resemblance to that counties real first team?

From the strange timing of the match to the choice of opponents, if some producer wanted to kill the concept here then he/she has done a damn fine job.

Probably some know-nothing producer had this vision of the same Dublin team from the All-Ireland final in front of a packed house and a massive occasion. Probably tried to get it on Croke Park initially.

Richie's head has just got bigger. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Change it up next year,be in hurling or football the underdogs should play the Senior Club All Ireland Champions at the end of the series

Why is it 'Áth' and 'Dogs' on the graphic anyway? Surely should be madra :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

GAA is pretty much the lifeblood of TG4's ratings, so I definitely don't think anyone was trying to kill the concept.

Change it up next year,be in hurling or football the underdogs should play the Senior Club All Ireland Champions at the end of the series

Masochist?

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    GAA is pretty much the lifeblood of TG4's ratings, so I definitely don't think anyone was trying to kill the concept.

Ah I'd say it was more so inadvertently.

I doubt they envisaged this scale of slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭munster87

Patww79 wrote: »
    Why is it 'Áth' and 'Dogs' on the graphic anyway? Surely should be madra :pac:

Or Mad to match this matchup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭deisedude

Disappointing for the Underdog lads. Hopefully a few of them get trials with their counties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

The interviews after are serious cringe

deisedude wrote: »
    Disappointing for the Underdog lads. Hopefully a few of them get trials with their counties

Hopefully for their counties they don’t get past a trial.

Who does big Richie play for club wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Dots1982 wrote: »

Did he say he is only on the bench at his senior club and is playing junior football?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭cms88

Without sounding harsh there's probably a good reason these lads haven't played senior. A Div 4 team would have beat them based on tonight. That was probably Dublin's fourth team, and most of them probably wouldn't have played with eachother and they still hammered them. The MOFM even said he was only told on Tuesday he's be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭cms88

Did he say he is only on the bench at his senior club and is playing junior football?

He did

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TrueGael

Let me get this straight a group of players thrown together beat a team selected from all over the country - top club players by almost 30 points!!!!!

And we are told there is no need to split the Juggernaut!!!!

As a comparison with a normal county - Kerry lost to the Underdogs as AI Champions in 2004 in front of a bigger and more raucous crowd than tonight

TrueGael wrote: »
    Let me get this straight a group of players thrown together beat a team selected from all over the country - top club players by almost 30 points!!!!!

And we are told there is no need to split the Juggernaut!!!!

As a comparison with a normal county - Kerry lost to the Underdogs as AI Champions in 2004 in front of a bigger and more raucous crowd than tonight

That's some spin, even for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TrueGael

Dublin's #1 fan turns up yet again to defend them without being able to debate the facts I listed.............

Advertisement