Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz need to go

Options
  • 11-09-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

.....like now.

As if the desk-flat red Lucozade, the gone-off toffees or the mouldy hair gel wasn't bad enough, they've only gone and customised their self-service machines.

Those contrapments are annoying at the best of times, but now Dealz have fitted them with a piss poor Elvis impersonator who blurts out catchphrases and lyrics relating to the King himself.

For example, if you're delayed for some reason, like trying to find your wallet, then the machine says, 'Uh we can't go on together' or something like this. And if the scales doesn't recognise something you scanned, he goes, 'Uh I'm getting a little suspicious now'. I'm not making this up.

It's only a bit of harmless fun. At least that's what the genius who came up with the idea thought, but believe me, it's very annoying when you're stuck at a self-service machine, with no human employee around, and the machine is repeatedly singing, 'Wise men say, only shop at Dealz' in an Elvis voice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Consumption is good.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

It's what he would have wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How much coke have you had this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Pfffft. Dealz.

Aldi for the win

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I thought it was a bit odd. But to be honest. I don't pay much attention to it. You could always que up at the till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hammer89 wrote: »
    .....like now.

As if the desk-flat red Lucozade, the gone-off toffees or the mouldy hair gel wasn't bad enough, they've only gone and customised their self-service machines.

Those contrapments are annoying at the best of times, but now Dealz have fitted them with a piss poor Elvis impersonator who blurts out catchphrases and lyrics relating to the King himself.

For example, if you're delayed for some reason, like trying to find your wallet, then the machine says, 'Uh we can't go on together' or something like this. And if the scales doesn't recognise something you scanned, he goes, 'Uh I'm getting a little suspicious now'. I'm not making this up.

It's only a bit of harmless fun. At least that's what the genius who came up with the idea thought, but believe me, it's very annoying when you're stuck at a self-service machine, with no human employee around, and the machine is repeatedly singing, 'Wise men say, only shop at Dealz' in an Elvis voice.
    :eek: That sounds deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Got 15 Fulfill bars for e15 in Dealz the other day...normally 2.50 -3 each, granted they only had Mint Choc, Strawberry and some weird zesty lemon yoke and the expiry dates is Nov 18 but still a great Deal

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I thought it was a bit odd. But to be honest. I don't pay much attention to it. You could always que up at the till.

and there is always someone on hand to help.... I have no access to a dealz now but Mr Price! OH MY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Graces7 wrote: »
    and there is always someone on hand to help.... I have no access to a dealz now but Mr Price! OH MY!

There's certainly not someone on hand to help, not at Dealz. The real tills were unmanned. Normally there's some smelly teenager in the area to assist your self-service needs but he was probably **** in the stock room to a box of Amy Childs' perfume when I was there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

.....like now.

Do it fast and do it right. You're being brainwashed by the machine to be more accurate so that you don't have to hear it's bullsh*t.

Terminator is going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Shut up and drink your Irn-Bru.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

do you hear the voice of Elvis often?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

.....like now.

Don't be cruel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

you need to go

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Triboro

Were you caught in a trap?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

.....like now.

This is weird! I was out in Poundland (UK version of Dealz) at lunch and was going to post the same thing in the TA annoyance thread.

Handy old place for toiletries though.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Even the ones on the rock and roll don’t frequent dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭moonage

2397.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

They could at least have it sing "we can't go on together with suspicious items in the baggage counter".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thread title should have been 'Dealz needz to go'. The 'dealz' name makes me gawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I wish I'd read this before I went for a walk on break. There's a Dealz near work. I want to hear Elvis. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

So what we're calling for is a little less conversation at the self service till?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

I thought I was hearing things the other day when I went to pay for stuff in there...

"Well it's one for the money..." in a southern drawl....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

cantdecide wrote: »
    So what we're calling for is a little less conversation at the self service till?

Exactly, a little more action please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

At least it's better than the SuperValu ones that ask you 15 times during the transaction if you have a loyalty card

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

MOH wrote: »
    At least it's better than the SuperValu ones that ask you 15 times during the transaction if you have a loyalty card

PLEASE SELECT PAYMENT TYPE -
    DO YOU HAVE A LOYALTY CARD
    no
    DO YOU HAVE ANY VOUCHERS
    no
    PLEASE SELECT PAYMENT TYPE

omg stop asking me twice

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT SUPERVALU
    taking my stuff
    PLEASE TAKE YOUR ITEMS
    PLEASE TAKE YOUR ITEMS
    PLEASE TAKE YOUR ITEMS

I AM TAKING THEM OKAY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

This is going to replace dating for 70% of people by the year 2030.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

UNEXPECTED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA

Advertisement