Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah I did Nedved yesterday because I basically needed him for WL so I have very little in the club now. Center midfield and center back are the next two spots I'll be looking to upgrade but I'd probably be better off working towards another Icon rather than taking the chance I'd get a good base in the SBC. I'd probably do it and end up with a player in a position I can't work them into.

On that note are there any base Icon cm or cb I should look at? I've only about 80k left after Nedved so I'd prefer one on the cheaper scale as a more immediate target. Long term I may try to get base Vieira if I have the patience, which is unlikely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I wouldn't be the best on icons, this is the first fifa I've gotten an icon in and I now have 4 in 92 nesta, 88 Keane, 88 nakata and 86 Gerrard so pretty in experienced up to now with them but what I will say is nesta is ridiculously good I know he's a prime version and I don't know about his baby version but id take a chance on him

Ah no worries man, I'm just kinda thinking out load more than anything as I'm realistically weeks away from being able to do anything anyway. Not that good at trading so won't be making coins that quickly just more it's nice to have a target to aim for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'm a massive Del Piero fan and was planning on grabbing him now that i've finally started to make a decent amount of coins but a quick comparison of these two players makes me feel that he's not quite worth double the price.

https://www.futbin.com/19/compare/17735/18

The 5 star weak foot upgrade is so huge. And the new Belarabi is a decent player too so will give a good strong link for any hybrids. Think i'll just settle for Havertz.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Have 1.2 mill coins plus another mill in tradepile, thinking best at the moment but maybe ye guys have some ideas. My current team is Degea in goal, rb is taa FFS, CBS are rtf Sanchez and baresi prime, Lb rtf alonso, cdm Keane prime, rm Lucas potm, lm Hazard, cam silva poty, strikers ucl Kane and headliner son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

seamie78 wrote: »
    Have 1.2 mill coins plus another mill in tradepile, thinking best at the moment but maybe ye guys have some ideas. My current team is Degea in goal, rb is taa FFS, CBS are rtf Sanchez and baresi prime, Lb rtf alonso, cdm Keane prime, rm Lucas potm, lm Hazard, cam silva poty, strikers ucl Kane and headliner son

You’ve a very solid team, Best is superb, you can’t go wrong there.
    Or if you don’t want to spend all your coins I’d go for otw mahrez, wait until the otw sbc comes out and he’ll drop another bit as everyone packs him

How are others finding the weekend league?
    It’s the worst I’ve ever seen it! Lag in almost every game (my broadband is fine) plus the gameplay is terrible, just constant blocking from defenders on both teams and I’m finding it much harder to score when in the box, everything just dragging wide, it’s like hazard has become Danny Ings
    Maybe the shooting is down to the lag on the servers as I never really used timed finishing anyway.

Oh and for the last couple of weeks the level of a**eholes I’m playing against is so much higher, nearly every person I’m drawn against is a replay watching, dabbing, time wasting pr!ck, all in all, between the gameplay and opponents fifa is becoming such a chore again.
    Results are still the same but the experience of playing is just terrible this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pores in my 2nd and last baby icon. Club completely gutted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I downgraded to 88 best from his prime, I loved his prime but it's not as effective with the newest gameplay and I think his 88 card is OP as it is.

Also 91 maradona feels like Zola on Steroids I'm really impressed with him will judge better when I get more games in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    How are others finding the weekend league?
    It’s the worst I’ve ever seen it! Lag in almost every game (my broadband is fine) plus the gameplay is terrible, just constant blocking from defenders on both teams and I’m finding it much harder to score when in the box, everything just dragging wide, it’s like hazard has become Danny Ings
    Maybe the shooting is down to the lag on the servers as I never really used timed finishing anyway.

Oh and for the last couple of weeks the level of a**eholes I’m playing against is so much higher, nearly every person I’m drawn against is a replay watching, dabbing, time wasting pr!ck, all in all, between the gameplay and opponents fifa is becoming such a chore again.
    Results are still the same but the experience of playing is just terrible this week

I'm 9-7 but yeah, it feels a bit more of a drag this weekend than last.

Maybe cause I hit the 17 wins last weekend, the level of player I'm up against has gone up this weekend too, but I feel I'm playing a lot of those players i despise; the "skills for the sake of it", dabbing, shushing type of stuff. The type of player that makes me question why I bother.

Have had a good bit of lag too but am putting that down to Anthem launching this weekend.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Maybe cause I hit the 17 wins last weekend, the level of player I'm up against has gone up this weekend too, but I feel I'm playing a lot of those players i despise; the "skills for the sake of it", dabbing, shushing type of stuff. The type of player that makes me question why I bother.

Have had a good bit of lag too but am putting that down to Anthem launching this weekend.

Haha yeah when someone does a la croqueta at kick off for no obvious reason you just roll your eyes and go “it’s going to be one of those games!”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote: »

its all mind games. If you let it get to you, you'll lose 90% of matches like this due to pulling your players out of positions that you shouldn't due to trying to prove you're better than the other guy.

I find gameplay much improved this weekend, apart from the fact i must hit the post 4-5 times pure game. 'Dinho is incredible. His crossing from corners is seriously OP. 9-0 sstart so far.

If anyone isn’t doing the base icon themselves then check your clubs for 88-89 rated players, some are going for stupid coins, Cavani selling for 86k now, he was 43k Thursday.
    It’ll shift again in a while when Isco or hummels moves into top solution on futbin so cash out when your player is up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Since baby icon prices dropped got Campbell 85, he is decent defender. Don't miss if Manolas and his passing abilities at all :)

Finally I am not afraid to pass the ball with my cb.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Also 91 maradona feels like Zola on Steroids I'm really impressed with him will judge better when I get more games in.

Who Diego? Never :pac:

Who Diego? Never :pac:

Haha you know what I read it after I wrote it and wondered would anyone else find it amusing haha.

They should do a world cup 94 version of maradona :):)

Flashback David luiz, ea tweeted him as 89 rated, he appears 88 rated in game on sbc?

Looks expensive enough with all the prices already inflated for base icon sbc

Don't get that flashback at all.. I thought they were for players who use to be class but aren't as good anymore and have gone down a few levels like zlatan, Rooney, juanfran etc..

David luiz is still as good as he's ever been and playing at a high level at Chelsea?

Flashback David luiz, ea tweeted him as 89 rated, he appears 88 rated in game on sbc?

Looks expensive enough with all the prices already inflated for base icon sbc

Yeah I was gonna do him but he aint that great for the price I've militao and he wouldn't be a patch on him.

Yeah I was gonna do him but he aint that great for the price I've militao and he wouldn't be a patch on him.

I’ve potm vvd and nesta so at 320k for luiz I’ll probably pass too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Allasandrini added to the MLS sbc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14-11. Will try and get 3 wins from 5 tomorrow but I'm not 100% I'll have the time, what with the new game of Werewolf starting up.
    RossieMan wrote: »
    its all mind games. If you let it get to you, you'll lose 90% of matches like this due to pulling your players out of positions that you shouldn't due to trying to prove you're better than the other guy.

So, I absolutely appreciate the idea behind it, and agree with your sentiment 100%.

The thing is, I find 90% of the time, the people doing it are far, FAR better when they cut out that **** and just play the bloody game. The number of times someone tries that stuff from kick off, does nothing for half the game, then I score....and then they maul me by dropping the skills and just playing.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some players use skill moves with devastating efficiency, but the amount of people who just seem to twiddle their right stick with zero end product is hilarious. I find it way more dangerous when someone busts out a skill move on the 60th minute that I wasn't expecting and leaves me for dead. Compared to the person who can't dribble in a straight line without doing twenty dragbacks. After the third, guess what....I'm ready for it, and you've given possession away.

Similiar lines, the people who score a quick goal and then shush to "trigger" you. That's well and good, but guess what I'm going to do when I put four past you in quick succession. I'm 2 up and you score one, and dab, after I've skipped celebrations? Fine, fine, but I'm dabbing on every goal I score afterwards :pac:

If you're going to be childish and openly toxic to get a reaction, at least be ready for said reaction to be stomping your head in.

</rant>

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Don't get that flashback at all.. I thought they were for players who use to be class but aren't as good anymore and have gone down a few levels like zlatan, Rooney, juanfran etc..

David luiz is still as good as he's ever been and playing at a high level at Chelsea?

You sure you been looking at the right player???? ;)

45 mins later and still not a word from anyone at ea about which luiz is correct!

ImANoob08 wrote: »

You sure you been looking at the right player???? ;)

Chelsea aren't playing well but David luiz has always been like that, he's better in a three and the four at the back doesn't suit him, he's just unfortunate that sarri plays a system and that's it... Will probably be Chelsea down fall this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

And the reason why I don't play the weekend league has made itself apparent. This lag is unbearable.

In my most recent game. I lost 2 - 1. I was in the box crossing to kane, kane scored the header. But the defender took me down and I got given a penalty instead of the goal. The lag wouldn't let me take the peno and he saved a straight down the middle shot.

Down the other end he was through on goal and got taken down peno. I was dancing on the line and my keeper froze - on the right hand side. He shot left and scored. Genuinely wanted to smash the xbox. If I lose on my own then I have no issues. But when you are against a player and the fifa servers then where is the enjoymeny

Have no lag on ps4 so can't comment.

Maybe Kane is slowing things down ;)

I’m 3-0 up and it’s stuck on this resuming match for 15 mins! I’m assuming there’s no way around this other than to turn off ps4 and lose the match.

Think I might just knock fifa on the head for a while, between the games being so unenjoyable and now 2 weeks in a row I’m getting a loss for a win why do I bother, the fun is gone out of this game, it’s meant to be something you play to switch off and unwind but lately it’s just annoying me.

Any solution to this before I turn it off?

I’m 3-0 up and it’s stuck on this resuming match for 15 mins! I’m assuming there’s no way around this other than to turn off ps4 and lose the match.

Think I might just knock fifa on the head for a while, between the games being so unenjoyable and now 2 weeks in a row I’m getting a loss for a win why do I bother, the fun is gone out of this game, it’s meant to be something you play to switch off and unwind but lately it’s just annoying me.

Got the win, I didn’t need to have such a hissy fit after all :D

• Advertisement

Send the screenshot to EA chat. That's all you can do really.

Edit: only see your post now. Drama over :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement