Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

awec wrote: »
    What’s the best league these days in terms of value for money?

Have 100k to build a squad.

Italy is always a good place to start I find. You can build a decent gold squad with 100k there for sure. You will probably have to move on later though because it doesn't get as many special cards as England and Spain. So with that in mind you could just start with a slightly worse side in England/Spain but it will be less work upgrading as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cant win a game, dropped from div.2 to 4 in rivals, losing a lot of goals from ball deflections to the opposition strikers for tap ins, while meeting world class keepers the other end and defenders blocking everything.

Same team all the way through, Aguero and Auba up front have gone from banging in the goals to firing blanks, very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Value for money isn't such a big deal at this stage in the season as prices where much lower, with 100k you can build a decent team from whatever league you like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

squad.PNG

could do a lot worse than this..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Would you not focus on building your team one player at a time?

Building a 100k team will leave you exposed everywhere but if you build it a bit slower at least your doing it with solid players.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bought these on accident yesterday. Thought "screw it", and threw them up inflated.

I0OcUFU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He could be interesting if I opted for a 3atb. Start him in a back four, switch in game.

But he’s probably going to go straight into the next icon anyway.

Oh, could you expand on Btragueno? Tempted to aim at him as my next icon :)

If you like Zola you are going to like this even more ;)

Very fast, finishing not as good as Zola, but he's banging them in with hunter.

Unfortunately his loan card needs 84 squad, so expensive to just try him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Did 3 UCL upgrade SBC's. Got Aurier and Jovetic in my first pack and got both of them again in the third pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Guffy wrote: »
    Would you not focus on building your team one player at a time?

Building a 100k team will leave you exposed everywhere but if you build it a bit slower at least your doing it with solid players.

That team only has 4 players who cost over 5k in ederson, Sanchez, fabiniho and son.

All quality players to be fair and wouldn't need upgrading for a long time, the ready are arguably the best cheap alternatives in the prem

wonski wrote: »
    If you like Zola you are going to like this even more ;)

Very fast, finishing not as good as Zola, but he's banging them in with hunter.

Unfortunately his loan card needs 84 squad, so expensive to just try him out.

Hmm, might set him as a goal to do over the next three weeks.

Futbin says 1.15m.

I have Nakata I can trade in to knock 450k off that. Have enough untradeables to knock another 250k off I'd say.

I'm gonna run with 93 Suarez up front for a bit this weekend, and if he doesn't win me over, I'll probably put him in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hopefully Chelsea can do better than Arsenal and get us that upgrade on Alonso tonight

Rashford got upgraded to 5 star skills

https://twitter.com/futwiz/status/1096122184001613826?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Hopefully Chelsea can do better than Arsenal and get us that upgrade on Alonso tonight

When do the upgrades kick in? Am I right in thinking Aurier is due one because Spurs won last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ridiculous. He's more a dribbler than a skiller.

Liamalone wrote: »
    When do the upgrades kick in? Am I right in thinking Aurier is due one because Spurs won last night?

Yeah aurier will get one, i I imagine they’ll all be upgraded at some point in next 24hours, probably waiting for the Europa league matches to finish and then do them all in one go like after the knockout stages

Blazer wrote: »
    ridiculous. He's more a dribbler than a skiller.

Won’t make any odds to me anyway, unless the extra skill star on my headliner rashford means he can do the faint shot any quicker, that’s all I’ve got in my locker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Havertz Futurestar is now completely ludicrous.

And jumped 70 already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Won’t make any odds to me anyway, unless the extra skill star on my headliner rashford means he can do the faint shot any quicker, that’s all I’ve got in my locker :D

He can now do tornado and shoot ;)

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Havertz Futurestar is now completely ludicrous.

And jumped 70 already.

I honestly hate how stupidly overpowered they made those Future star cards.

I can get the boosts via Headliners or the likes. The justification that the cards are based on real world preformances.

I don't even mind the idea of giving some young kids somewhat boosted cards.

But looking at Havertz.....he's at Icon level. He's way, way beyond some cards that have had 4 or 5 special cards this season. The boost is stupidly large.

I can get the boosts via Headliners or the likes. The justification that the cards are based on real world preformances.

But looking at Havertz.....he's at Icon level. He's way, way beyond some cards that have had 4 or 5 special cards this season. The boost is stupidly large.

That’s my issue with these cards too, I know fifa is only a computer game but generally the best players you come up against are the best players in their positions in real life or else they’ve earned it through icon status, of course there’s some exceptions and we get op players like IF Lozano or IF Ben yedder but generally the best players will be similar to real life, Neymar, Ronaldo, salah, kante, de gea etc or your icons like gullit, R9 etc.

Then they came up with this ridiculous idea to give players who have barely played for their clubs, ratings that make them better than icons in some cases.
    Playing in the weekend league last week I was coming up against these future stars constantly and I genuinely didn’t know who some of them were.
    If they wanted to go ahead with the concept, they should’ve had them ranging up to 88/89 max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I love it. I mean he's relatively attainable and there's an element of fantasy to it which i love. Like if its realism you're looking for i'm not sure Ultimate team is the way to go anyway.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I love it. I mean he's relatively attainable and there's an element of fantasy to it which i love. Like if its realism you're looking for i'm not sure Ultimate team is the way to go anyway.

No, I appreciate that. I get that for fans of the kids, it must be wonderful. Had they released such versions of Dalot, Gomes, Chong or other United players, I'd probably have been all over them. And I think the concept is grand.

I just think they massively over did the power of them.

Havertz, to use the named example, is on par with 2POTM Reus. For Reus, it was his 7th card of the game, earned cause he's having a massive season.

Like, if they'd boosted him to a really solid 87 or 88, I could understand it. But they overdid the boost imo.

Worse, it sets a crazy base line in February they'll be having to put up with, as seen by the fact they've decided to bring out PRIME prime icons too. TOTS is going to be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Ben yedder doing the job for me tonight. 87 rating incoming. Wonder will kondogbia follow suit. I'll have two seriously op cards on my hands.

I do agree on that aspect I miss a few years ago when you had a team of coloured cards it really meant something and tots used to mean you had the best cards in the game now.by looks of it you will have a super team without even looking at tots.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Ben yedder doing the job for me tonight. 87 rating incoming. Wonder will kondogbia follow suit. I'll have two seriously op cards on my hands.

The Europa league cards don't get updated for winning first game they get updated for advancing next round.

jayo26 wrote:
    The Europa league cards don't get updated for winning first game they get updated for advancing next round.

Awwww jeezz way to burst my bubble jayo ha ha you could have let me dream ha.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Awwww jeezz way to burst my bubble jayo ha ha you could have let me dream ha.

Sorry pal but no point in delaying it.

I have savic so I'm hoping Lazio can turn it around savic would be unbelievable with another couple of upgrades.

Cheers man put me out of my misery tbh. I would have been wondering all day tomorrow why they hadn't increased.

jayo26 wrote: »

Did not know that either, it was the only reason I was watching the Chelsea match, back to ted bundy on Netflix!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

they've decided to bring out PRIME prime icons too..

Prime Prime Icons are now known as Optimus Prime Icons or OP icons for short :)

I agreed on the future starts..they're ridiculous ratings.

A note on Crespo...now I finally realise why Zola has been so awesome for me and why he practically gels with every single other striker I had...Its his high/medium work rates. They make an absolute massive difference to a strikers card. Playing with 2 strikers with medium low such as Crespo/Aub isn't going to work since you basically have 2 lazy cvnts up front who're barely run for a ball. Every single game I played with them together I struggled to score goals.
    Brings on Zola...30 seconds latest he bangs in a goal because the little guy burst his ass to get into the right spot while Crespo the lazy cvnt is 10 yards behind him.
    Same for Aub and Zlatan etc. I didn't found Aub anything special at the start but I remember once I paired him with Zoal his goal ratio just shot up.

I was hammered a couple of times by Prime Shev today. And he also has high/medium workrates. Now I'm really sorry I didn't go for his SBC instead of Crespo's. Himself and Zola would have been awesome together...who knows..I might get him in a pack :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement