Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seeing Teslas everywhere I look

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

seeing teslas everywhere

how many smoking weed .... BOOM

Musk will ruin it the way hes going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Tesla adds ‘Passive Entry’ to combat vehicle theft by keyless-entry exploit
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-passive-entry-ota-update-prevent-keyless-entry-theft/

Do any other cars have protection against relay theft?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Theyre getting common now. Saw 3 in north dublin today!

according to this site, there were >100 New Teslas sold so far this year in Ireland

BEV sales 2018 to AUG

74 Model S
    31 Model X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

gally74 wrote: »
    seeing teslas everywhere

It costs a cool $250k I understand to insure $1m of Tesla debt against default.

Whatever about Tesla fans, the markets confidence in the company is shrinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Trasna1 wrote: »

Do you have a reliable source for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Do you have a reliable source for this?

You mean like the stock price?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

seeing teslas everywhere

Most of the world has grown up regarding it's attitude towards weed. Ireland was always behind the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Autochange wrote: »
    Most of the world has grown up regarding it's attitude towards weed. Ireland was always behind the rest

The share price took another beating, its not a question of "behind the times" attitudes to marijuana.

There's not a company in earth that would want its CEO smoking dope in public.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    The share price took another beating, its not a question of "behind the times" attitudes to marijuana.

There's not a company in earth that would want its CEO smoking dope in public.

Did you listen or better yet watch the podcast

Did you listen or better yet watch the podcast

Nope, nor do I need to.

The effect on the share price says it was a bad idea.

It's not about doing something wrong, it's about the public perception that you did.

• Advertisement

Nope, nor do I need to.

The effect on the share price says it was a bad idea.

It's not about doing something wrong, it's about the public perception that you did.

Yes. That is correct. But if you listened ntonte podcast you would realise that musk is definitely not a business man. He is an inventor and a genius. Slightly odd too. He is better left to coming up with the ideas and making them a reality. Leave the buisness side to more suitable people.

He is better left to coming up with the ideas and making them a reality. Leave the business side to more suitable people.

Exactly my point, the problem is that he isn't doing that.

Exactly my point, the problem is that he isn't doing that.

He isn't capable. Too many wild ideas spook investors looking for stability for their pension pots. Have you heard of his plan to dig a tunnel under La?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

its not the point,

TESLA will only survive with Financial backing, he did the solo run on the private thing, then this.....

Hell be sidelined soon by the board if its not too late...

could end up being a delorean....

He should have never tried to build the cars himself, just look at the I pace contracted out to magna in Austria! he was ahead of the curve with design and the battery tech is good, but he should have either got one of the big 3 in the US to build TESLA's joint venture or done an Iphone on it and let the chinese do it
    I did work as an engineer in the car industry before, you dont learn mass production over night,

And i like and own an EV.

its not the point,

TESLA will only survive with Financial backing, he did the solo run on the private thing, then this.....

Hell be sidelined soon by the board if its not too late...

could end up being a delorean....

He should have never tried to build the cars himself, just look at the I pace contracted out to magna in Austria! he was ahead of the curve with design and the battery tech is good, but he should have either got one of the big 3 in the US to build TESLA's joint venture or done an Iphone on it and let the chinese do it
    I did work as an engineer in the car industry before, you dont learn mass production over night,

And i like and own an EV.

Yes I know. Read my other posts after that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

First tesla I saw was parked at the gates of Windsor castle and I had no idea, thought it was some kind of limited edition fancy saloon commissioned for the royals or other superelites. Had customised number plates so might have belonged to one of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Charles opeted for the Jaguar over the Tesla so it wasn't him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I see the odd one in Kilkenny. All D regs of course. And one local one I see regularly. Very eye catching cars

• Registered Users Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Trasna1 wrote: »

Post exec departures and marijuana, it’s 2025 bonds were trading at 84% of face value which implies a widening of credit spreads and the cost of credit default protection but not up to 25% at this stage.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-07/tesla-tumbles-after-chief-accounting-officer-quits-after-just-one-month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I see teslas everywhere and work 100 feet from the dealership in Dublin. They are awful looking generic grey boxes for the price of them and generally driven by people with limited companies working a company car tax break. They were cool with their big screens and technology at first but now every new car has the same tech and big screens. Musk has gone off the rails and seems like a man on the edge.

I have little faith that that company will still be there as is in 5 years, all the other car manufactures are rapidly catching up and will be much better at building cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Spotted one today in a car park of a big shopping centre on the outskirts of South Dublin. Maybe the drivers of these are as obnoxious as Musk; this guy practically reversed into me and another car in his haste to get out of the charging bay, then barged his way out against the one-way system too. Charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I seen one parked in Finglas recently, even the bum areas of Dublin have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

I see teslas everywhere and work 100 feet from the dealership in Dublin. They are awful looking generic grey boxes for the price of them and generally driven by people with limited companies working a company car tax break. They were cool with their big screens and technology at first but now every new car has the same tech and big screens. Musk has gone off the rails and seems like a man on the edge.

I have little faith that that company will still be there as is in 5 years, all the other car manufactures are rapidly catching up and will be much better at building cars.

So that puts you in the audi dealership across the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

...all the other car manufactures are rapidly catching up and will be much better at building cars.

Well that'll be great for everyone then. Interestingly enough, it's the reason he says he set up Tesla, to try encourage more growth of people transitioning to EV's via giving the other car makers a bit of a thorn in their sides via a pesky upstart coming into their market and making a more desirable EV.

Byd are a bigger and more successful manufacturer than over priced Tesla

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

They are targeting very different sections of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

But yet they are worth about a 1/4 if what Tesla is.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jackperkowski/2018/05/16/once-a-stock-market-darling-byd-now-bears-brunt-of-chinas-changing-electric-vehicle-regulations/amp/

I didn’t realise that Warren Buffet owns 10%.

Are BYD building automation and pushing on other manufacturers or are they just building cars with electric engines ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

A Tesla passed me by on my bike today, and the next car right behind it: the even lesser-spotted eGolf.

ted1 wrote: »
    But yet they are worth about a 1/4 if what Tesla is.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jackperkowski/2018/05/16/once-a-stock-market-darling-byd-now-bears-brunt-of-chinas-changing-electric-vehicle-regulations/amp/

I didn’t realise that Warren Buffet owns 10%.

Are BYD building automation and pushing on other manufacturers or are they just building cars with electric engines ?

Of course they are worth less. Tesla is a worldwide name. As another poster said they are targeting different markets. They are targeting much more diverse markets

But in the long term they may be more successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Of course they are worth less. Tesla is a worldwide name. As another poster said they are targeting different markets. They are targeting much more diverse markets

But in the long term they may be more successful.

So when you said
    “Byd are a bigger and more successful manufacturer than over priced Tesla”

You were telling porkies.

Advertisement