Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armstrong Cup 2018-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

I was wrong - Li away at youth Olympiad. Rounds 3-4 will be rated in time for January.

Postponements should be played before the next round or scored 0-0. There are far too many postponements and games being played in advance.
    Can you imagine Barcelona asking for a game to be postponed because Messi has the flu or is attending some family function the day of the match?
    Every team has reserves, they should be made to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Stadia should also have at least 12000 seats, with no terracing. Hot dog concessions to be vetted by sodacat on an ad hoc basis. Random drugs tests post-match of course.

mikhail wrote: »
    Stadia should also have at least 12000 seats, with no terracing. Hot dog concessions to be vetted by sodacat on an ad hoc basis. Random drugs tests post-match of course.
    Ahh Mikail, good to see you back hurling from the ditch as usual. I don't suppose you are ready yet to share the "lots of good reasons" you were telling us you had for the amalgamation of the ICU and UCU??
    Nice to see that you have an interest in the hot dog as well as your usual waffle :pac:

sodacat11 wrote: »
    Ahh Mikail, good to see you back hurling from the ditch as usual.
    It's a personal hobby to reply when you start bitching about how pub leagues aren't run like La Liga.
    I don't suppose you are ready yet to share the "lots of good reasons" you were telling us you had for the amalgamation of the ICU and UCU??
    I have it saved here on my hard drive. It seems to be killing you not to know.

It's a personal hobby to reply when you start bitching about how pub leagues aren't run like La Liga.

I have it saved here on my hard drive. It seems to be killing you not to know.

My own hobbies are golf, fishing, reading and football but each to his own I guess.

I have no interest whatsoever in your hard drive or indeed your floppy disc but I guess as long as they keep you amused that's all that matters :pac:

• Advertisement

... I guess as long as they keep you amused that's all that matters :pac:
    This is what makes it a hobby. I note you didn't list chess among yours. Are you getting paid now, or does the effrontery of people's personal and professional lives coming ahead of a hobby suck all the fun out of it for you?

But seriously, the constant whinging on here about a handful of topics is annoying as hell. I'm not sure whether you'll sooner encourage someone to enforce your latest hobby-horse rule or just ask you to leave because you're making a scene.

This is what makes it a hobby. I note you didn't list chess among yours. Are you getting paid now, or does the effrontery of people's personal and professional lives coming ahead of a hobby suck all the fun out of it for you?

But seriously, the constant whinging on here about a handful of topics is annoying as hell. I'm not sure whether you'll sooner encourage someone to enforce your latest hobby-horse rule or just ask you to leave because you're making a scene.

If you don't like it all you have to do is avoid reading anything posted by sodacat. I bet you won't though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

Postponements should be played before the next round or scored 0-0. There are far too many postponements and games being played in advance.
    Can you imagine Barcelona asking for a game to be postponed because Messi has the flu or is attending some family function the day of the match?
    Every team has reserves, they should be made to use them.

Or just not allow them in the first place.

Amazing to think FIDE rating of events is delayed because of this carry on.

Joedryan wrote: »
    Or just not allow them in the first place.

Amazing to think FIDE rating of events is delayed because of this carry on.

Watch out Joe or you will have Mikail after you. Hunting Armstrong critics is his personal hobby :eek:

I have my bugbears too. The proliferation of clubs taking up most of my Saturday with a match that could easily be played on a weeknight is one. Hell, at least one team is playing on a Friday night. If they have no social life, fine, but why inflict it on the rest of us?

And on the other side of that coin, there's at least one club in Meath who play on a weeknight. How the hell do you get there in time if you're gainfully employed?

And what's with mercenary assholes club-hopping every year to play at their perceived level? I play with my mates in whichever division we earn. Maybe these guys don't have any.

So yeah, I criticise things too. I just don't fart on about it every ****ing week like the league's own Victor Meldrew.

• Advertisement

So yeah, I criticise things too. I just don't fart on about it every ****ing week like the league's own Victor Meldrew.

Victor Meldrew is my hero and role model so I will take that as a great compliment!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Anyway.

Dublin 2.5-5.5 St Benildus

Big first win for us

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

Trinity 5.5 - 2.5 Gonzaga B

Games were all pretty tight could have gone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭EnPassant

Elm Mount 4.5 Balbriggan 3.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

What about Bray/Greystones v Dun Laoghaire?

Two "adjourned" games in Kilkenny v Rathmines I see. Any date for them to be played?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Rathminor

Two "adjourned" games in Kilkenny v Rathmines I see. Any date for them to be played?

One Monday, one Thursday. The Thursday game was due to be played last week but had to be deferred at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ishidaogo

Bray led DL 3-1 when I left

One Monday, one Thursday. The Thursday game was due to be played last week but had to be deferred at the last minute.

Kilkenny 4 Rathmines 2
    Last two boards being played this week

Kilkenny 4 Rathmines 2
    Last two boards being played this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭macelligott

Captains seem to be slow uploading results to http://www.chessleague.net/chessorg/leinster/fixtures.php?org=1&lid=101

Really?

Every result up to but not including yesterday is updated. And two of the five matches which took place yesterday are already updated.

I think your expectations are slightly unrealistic tbh.

cdeb wrote: »
    Really?

Every result up to but not including yesterday is updated. And two of the five matches which took place yesterday are already updated.

I think your expectations are slightly unrealistic tbh.

Which means 3 of the 5 matches played yesterday were not submitted yet!

Or were submitted after the controller last logged on.

Seriously, the games ended less than 24 hours ago. You know most of the results. It's not an issue if the league table isn't updated. If it is - then new volunteers for divisional controller are always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

Or were submitted after the controller last logged on.

Seriously, the games ended less than 24 hours ago. You know most of the results. It's not an issue if the league table isn't updated. If it is - then new volunteers for divisional controller are always welcome.

I’m sure the other results will go up soon - we submitted ours yday but it isn’t there yet

And now they're all updated. Breathe again!

:)
    And now they're all updated. Breathe again!

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ishidaogo

Now Bray 4.5 DL 2.5

Blanchardstown 2-5 Gonzaga A - one game tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Blanchardstown 2-5 Gonzaga A - one game tomorrow.

Blanch 2-6 Gonzaga A

Advertisement