Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irexit Freedom Party

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Jesus christ *facepalm* - did you read the (admittedly poorly written) article?
    The Commission then seeks the introduction by the end of 2025 of qualified majority voting for voting on major tax projects, such as the common consolidated corporate tax base (CCCTB) and new system for the taxation of the digital economy, which it says “are urgently needed to ensure fair and competitive taxation in the EU”.

For like the billionth time: CCCTB is about where corporation tax is paid and not how much corporation tax is paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

batgoat wrote: »
    So you're dodging how your Sarkozy claim was entirely false and moving to further propaganda?

What was false about it? It was widely reported at the time what he said, then he tried to put a diplomatic spin on it when he realised he was well out of line,looks like he had already made the decision of us revoting before he even left France.... imagine Enda Kenny telling French voters they would have to vote again..... Yeah it would go down like a yellow vests protest.. The yes side were no strangers to lies either...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

What was false about it? It was widely reported at the time what he said, then he tried to put a diplomatic spin on it when he realised he was well out of line,looks like he had already made the decision of us revoting before he even left France.... imagine Enda Kenny telling French voters they would have to vote again..... Yeah it would go down like a yellow vests protest.. The yes side were no strangers to lies either...
    We didn't vote again on the same thing - the EU army point was specifically clarified in writing and was clearly acceptable to the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Moved from PC > CA. Please note that the CA charter now applies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Last I heard ‘irexit party’ was three agitators living in southern England somewhere with no actual connection to Ireland whatsoever.
    Even no connections to loons like Gemma afaik.

Has anything changed?

And who in their right mind here would sign up for such a ridiculous blatantly stupid idea anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

And who in their right mind here would sign up for such a ridiculous blatantly stupid idea anyways?

well me tbh.
    Not a fan of where the EU is going (or where it is) . I'd love a trade deal and travel deals (older version of EU perhaps) but a federal Europe where Ireland has shag all of a say. Not for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

paw patrol wrote: »
    well me tbh.
    Not a fan of where the EU is going (or where it is) . I'd love a trade deal and travel deals (older version of EU perhaps) but a federal Europe where Ireland has shag all of a say. Not for me.

I can understand that.
    But it’s far better to be at the table and occsssionaly ignored occasionally heard, than outside the room not allowed in with no say at all.
    We couldn’t and wouldn’t survive outside the EU.
    We’d see the tax haven / flooding of billions through the country on its way elsewhere ramped up. It’s baffling the EU allow that to happen at all but it still does when it comes to us. Thinking of the €14 billion Apple tax we still have in an escrow untouched.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This is quite an interesting look at how Irexit isnt really Irish at all

https://medium.com/@irexitparody/british-far-right-extremism-manipulating-ireland-1e863cea0267

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

paw patrol wrote: »
    well me tbh.

Question.
    - Ireland is in the EU and has established that the the backstop is a condition of any deal with the EU.
    - The UK is leaving the EU and wants the backstop removed.

Who has "shag all of a say"?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

should be more relevant today

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

LaFuton wrote: »
    should be more relevant today
    Irexit Freedom Party? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,943 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Irexit Freedom Party? Why?

Expecting a rational response....? :pac::pac:

Life ain't always empty.